Server maintenance

Where your loving mods and admins can announce things.

Server maintenance

Postby Sophira on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:52 am

Hi all,

The provider being used to host twwf.info, Linode, has told me that they will need to perform maintenance on the server hosting it. This maintenance will take place on 2015-10-21 at 5am UTC. Converted to other time zones, that's:

* 2015-10-21 6am BST,
* 2015-10-21 1am EDT,
* 2015-10-20 10pm PDT.

They're allocating a two-hour maintenance window but say that the actual downtime could be much less.

I don't see any major problems happening here; in fact, some emergency maintenance was required only three days ago (for which I had no notice, due to its nature), but the server bounced back online quickly enough. There may be a longer delay this time round before it comes back up, though, so if you find yourself unable to access the server starting from the above times, please don't panic. :)

(If something does happen to the server and somehow it doesn't come back up - which is extremely unlikely - then I probably wouldn't be around at 6am to fix the problem immediately, so it might need a bit more time in that case. I'll fix it as soon as I can though if anything does happen!)

Thanks again for making twwf.info what it is. :)
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Re: Server maintenance

Postby Sophira on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:39 am

More server maintainence, I'm afraid. Linode have said that they need to reboot the server to perform updates in a few days. It's going to occur at 2015-12-16 4am UTC. In other time zones, that's:

* 2015-12-16 4am GMT,
* 2015-12-15 11pm EST,
* 2015-12-15 8pm PST.

Once again, they allocate a two-hour maintenance window but say the the actual downtime can be much less, and once again I don't see any major problems occurring. Just a heads-up - if you're trying to reach the site about this time and can't, try again in maybe 30 minutes or so. :)
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Return to Announcements