Shutting down this server.

Where your loving mods and admins can announce things.

Shutting down this server.

Postby averagejoe on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:42 am

[This post applied to the *previous* server, not this one. This one is safe. I'm leaving the post for archive purposes. -- Sophira]

Well, the time has come to turn off this machine. The wiki can't really afford to pay the fees for it anymore. The board needs to find a new home. Deadline: April 15, 2014.

Let me (FastEddie) know what I can do to help facilitate the move.
averagejoe
Site Admin

Re: Shutting down this server.

Postby Dryunya on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:27 pm

Whoa.
So, what do people do when they look for a host (I should know these things, but I really don't and it's all really confusing), and what cost range are we looking at?
Worst case scenario is me hosting it at home. If you remember my Minecraft server, you know why I refer to it as one.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Dryunya wrote:Whoa.
So, what do people do when they look for a host (I should know these things, but I really don't and it's all really confusing), and what cost range are we looking at?
Worst case scenario is me hosting it at home. If you remember my Minecraft server, you know why I refer to it as one.

We could always use a meh free forum, pretty sure those are a thing. Like proboards or something
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Never compromise.
Not even in the face of Armageddon.

*Cough*

What I mean is, I kinda want everything to look identical to how it looks now. If we have to change the looks, the domain name, or dump the non-forum part, or relinquish any form of control, I will object to that.
Also, Eli pointed me towards Zetaboards (isn't really user friendly, but appears to have no post/view limits) and Forumatic (30k monthly views, and 1000 post transfer limit).
Also, non-mods can't post in here, and I think we need to do something about that, but I don't know if we can change that without changing the whole folder permissions. I was never good with the phpBB mod stuff. :?

Also, I use 'also' too often. -_-
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Connor Fallon on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Hey Peeps,

Puppetmasters are talking about it and working on figuring something out!
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Sophira on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:06 pm

I've posted a new global thread for discussion, and I'm keeping everybody updated there. Everybody will be able to reply to this one:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1344
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Return to Announcements