Beat the Deadline (Read Please)

Where your loving mods and admins can announce things.

Beat the Deadline (Read Please)

Postby Adell on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 pm

I've noticed a few people are really starting to get negatively affected with the approaching date of the 21st. Some of us are starting to believe that we have too much work to get done. While I don't agree with that belief, I can understand why the pressure is on, since we don't know what will happen exactly if we can't get it done by then. Truthfully though, the tasks remaining involve minimal effort, and most can be done at your computer screen! As you read this very post in fact!

I've made this post to kind of round up all the things that still need to be done, and to hopefully make you guys realize that the majority of the leg work is to just write the reffics now! Writing; the things tropers are very familiar with at this point! Even if you think your stories would suck, it should not stop you from writing! Maybe make it 'stylistic suck' or put more effort into it than you usually do; whatever we need to get these characters back into the fictional world.

Currently, the characters that we can reffic are:

Romeo and Juliet [Deadline December 7th]: Who have already gotten submissions

Don Quixote [December 11th]: Who has already gotten submissions

Long John Silver [No Deadline Given]:

Chesire Cat [No Deadline Given]:

Sherlock Holmes [No Deadline Given]:

Hercule Poirot [No Deadline Given]:

This is the majority of our leg work, and currently we already have many of these at least in the works! Don't be so intimidated by the reffics, that may seem like a lot of stories but you don't need to write the quality of shakespeare for them. If Ace can write a reffic for Cinderalla (which even Mr.A admitted was pretty bad) than we could totally write stories worthy of refficing these characters. So I do NOT want to hear that you have nothing to contribute, or that you don't write. This IS your opportunity to contribute, to help us beat this deadline! Lurkers, you can write as well and I encourage you too! I know we have more than enough creative minds to get this done!

Beyond those stories, we just need to get the Wicked Witch's last Echo (which Sicon already has someone going to tomorrow), as well as the Echo in Austin Texas. Once we get those done all available work will essentially be Reffics until Mr.A announces more Echoes.

So...what I'm saying is, it's time to take out your quills, cause it's story time. I do not think it's asking a lot to get these things written and submitted in the next 15 days, but if we spend all our time complaining that time WILL slip away. If you have time to worry, you have time to write! I believe in you!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: Beat the Deadline (Read Please)

Postby Adell on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:47 pm

If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Return to Announcements