Radio Void Rebel

Where you can discuss Echo Chamber, the latest happenings of Mr. Administrator and Radio Void Rebel, and anything else that might happen to come up.

Re: Radio Void Rebel

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:57 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Victin wrote:That's actually Lorem Ipsum. Wikipedia link.

I pointed that out on the chat about the time we found the site.

I wasn't there, so :P
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Well, googling variants of "Isle of Apples bookstore" turns up a whole lot of nothing, or rather, so many obviously unrelated results that it's near-impossible to sift through (and melting down to nothing if I add Toronto in as a search term). So...........

We can try to find a connection between Avalon and/or apples and RVR's tweets? I don't even know anymore. I already had an experience with the yellow pages today after which everything ever sounds kind of like "Isle of Apples".
I have a few emotions, but they're stuffed. They aren't real.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Tohrinha on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:11 pm

New theory. Isle of Apples is another name for Avalon, which is related both to death and to Morgan. Yet someone is calling from it. Thus, somehow, it's communicating Morgan's fate? It would also explain why RVR's being covert about it, if Morgan is indeed alive.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Hmm... well, Avalon is derived from the Welsh phrase "Isle of Apples". And that voice is familiar. Of course, it's not my place to discourage conjecture, so feel free to discuss Tohrinha's theory.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 pm

I would like to point out that the voice in the recording is distinctly British.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 pm

Theory: The voice is Morgan. I actually thought it sounded like Morgan when I first heard it, but then thought that that was silly and just me looking for familiarity where there was none to find. But now... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Morgan is running a bookstore.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 pm

why the hell is Morgana le Fay running a bookstore in Toronto?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Because why not? :|

Besides, isn't that better than her just plain dying? :|
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Krika on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Hey, I always believed that they somehow survived and escaped to live as normal a lift as they could.

.....is that a real bookstore, by chance?
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Not as far as we can tell.
JackAlsworth

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:14 pm

All I seem to find when looking for avalon bookstore are this sort of occult establishments. :P

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Speaking as a Torontonian who has been asking every acquaintance all day with even the most passing familiarity with bookstores of the city, has examined google results to no avail, and has spent far longer than is comfortable perusing the Toronto yellow pages, there is no real store by that name in Toronto.

That said, that should not suggest that Morgan isn't here... just that she's making herself difficult for me to find?

(As to why she's here. I tried to puzzle this out in the chat. The only official connection Toronto had to TWWF was the Peter Pan letter, which was already retrieved from another location and is therefore irrelevant. The only other connection between Toronto and TWWF is me, but I find it a stretch to suggest that she's looking for me or trying to follow up on something from one of my letters-- there were other people with more fruitful correspondences, and after we all ended on conciliatory notes, it seems silly to suggest that she's planning to hunt me down. The other route to take is to try to draw connections between Morgan and major Toronto landmarks... which also feels kind of silly, and is probably a dead end.)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:45 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:(As to why she's here. I tried to puzzle this out in the chat. The only official connection Toronto had to TWWF was the Peter Pan letter, which was already retrieved from another location and is therefore irrelevant. The only other connection between Toronto and TWWF is me, but I find it a stretch to suggest that she's looking for me or trying to follow up on something from one of my letters-- there were other people with more fruitful correspondences, and after we all ended on conciliatory notes, it seems silly to suggest that she's planning to hunt me down. The other route to take is to try to draw connections between Morgan and major Toronto landmarks... which also feels kind of silly, and is probably a dead end.)

This reminded me the lawyer from Peter Pan's case moved on to another case. Not that I think it has anything to do with all of this, but I'll just leave it here because why not.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 am

I know I haven't been around much. Or helped with this puzzle whatsoever. But for once I'd take a step for simplicity: This means the three are alive and kicking.

RVR's awareness implies that they're possibly reachable. It's a hook, other developments could be pulled by it, but as it stands, we can't know. It doesn't say a thing about Mr. A knowing or not, though he does have an account in this forum so if we know, he can know. Which could be the reason RVR and Morgan only gave us a small tease that can't lead us to contacting her: Since RVR can hide from A by hiding the serial numbers, we're the only ones that can spoil her current whereabouts. Given that we now know A broke the wall, it's not far fetched to say that the three would rather not be found by Mr. A... Just in case he decides to have an idea or three, you know, for science.

As for "Why Toronto?". Again, I'll go for simplicity: Because Qara. We have a precedent for this, after all. The Wicked Witch got drunk and wound up in, drum rolls, Brazil. Because me and Vic and no echoes or other developments taking place here. Then she went home and then wound up stranded in Mexico, oh, right that's where Blur lives. ^_^ The GMs said so in the Postmortem, though I'm to lazy to dig up, something to the extent of "The Witch winding up in Brazil and Mexico was a way to give a nod to the players from countries where we didn't have any developments previously planned". Anywhere could work, but Toronto gets bonsus points because Qara. Besides, if she wanted to leave the US in a hurry to get away from her known place, Canada is close by and doesn't necessarily require passing through airport security.

Lastly, why I think it's just that simple: Rick's words are that we have all of the pieces they made for this puzzle. Although we may or may not be able to understand all that it means, this is all I can extrapolate from the information we have here.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Of course, there are other ways of contacting Morgan than through RVR.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Krika on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Dig up her e-mail address, assuming that's still valid?
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Well, I did actually try to email Morgana, but got a delivery failure notification about ten seconds after I posted above. I guess it was too much to expect for Erik to keep Pheeble up and running once the danger was gone.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Rick Healey on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Extremely well done, Pix. While you may not have contributed to solving the puzzle, your deductive reasoning, combined with a healthy dose of genre savvy, has led you to a bevy of correct answers.

In fact, I'll say it outright - your post is 100% correct. There are various implications to all of that being correct, but those will wait for another day. God willing, it'd be awesome to make a sequel, and it helps to have groundwork done.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:30 pm

I love how you said "All of your answers are correct" instead of "You found everything".
JackAlsworth

Postby JRPictures on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:39 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:I love how you said "All of your answers are correct" instead of "You found everything".

Classic Rick :lol:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:51 pm

I thought this stuff was a given. If that was all there was to this puzzle, I've been looking for answers that don't even exist when I already had all there was to see. Then again, who knows. Maybe the GMs stuck some tidbits in there we haven't found yet. I'm gonna keep thinking about it. :twisted:
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Blurred_9L on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 pm

All that's left to do is to record that in the timeline, maybe? :P

Blurred_9L

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Blurred_9L wrote:All that's left to do is to record that in the timeline, maybe? :P

Oh, Blur. It wounds me that you think I don't look after Suzie.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Blurred_9L on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Well... did you record it before or after I said that? :P

Blurred_9L

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:54 pm

She recorded it yesterday.
JackAlsworth

PreviousNext

Return to Adminverse Discussion