Radio Void Rebel

Where you can discuss Echo Chamber, the latest happenings of Mr. Administrator and Radio Void Rebel, and anything else that might happen to come up.

Re: Radio Void Rebel

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:05 pm

You have no idea.
JackAlsworth

Postby JRPictures on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:52 pm

S_o_S wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:
I'd ask if you all thought if I'd really be that evil... but considering that I've point blank given the answer to EFP without anyone noticing, plus given you a hint on the other puppet master who knows the answer without anyone even realizing I gave said hint, even I have to admit that I'm that evil.

So how about I just speak straight with you guys instead. The eye pic that Radio Void Rebel posted? Absolutely nothing related to EFP. I'd say you know that you can trust me... except you all know better than that. Perhaps it would be best to say that I won't lie, even if I can't be trusted.

You must get one hell of a kick out of this.

Really?

What do you think? [/sarcasm]
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:32 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:You have no idea.

Actually, it's true - you all really have no idea. Though Qara and Eli are closest.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:39 pm

For the sake of boredom and to try and help everyone out, I tried ruling a few things out. My first thought was to try and look at it like a stereogram like Narra suggested (which is possible to cheat by using layers in photoshop) but got no results.

I then thought that maybe the image was hiding a message in it through stenography, which is a fairly simple google search attempt away, but again it didn't come up with anything but gibberish, but I think the idea is sound that there is a message in the image somehow. My only other thought is possibly getting binary from the image and converting that into text? But I'm not sure how to derive the 1's and 0's from the image. I imagine, if its binary, it has something to do with the way the pattern is laid out over the eyeball. I couldn't figure it out though, maybe one of you guys can give it a shot?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 pm

We haven't tried the binary thing yet, though we did try to convert the image into a sound file and that got nothing. Once my classes are over tomorrow and the nightmare week of tests is through, I can see about figuring out how one would do that, though if someone gets there first, that's fine too.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby ALoneFox on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:13 pm

I got bored so I took the pattern from the 'interference' on the eye picture and changed it to beautiful blue and pink. I hope its helpful. If not, never mind. At least it looks pretty. Also, sorry if there are any mistakes. I tried.
Attachments
eye b&p.png
eye b&p.png (6.32 KiB) Viewed 536 times
ALoneFox

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey, nice work! That makes it way easier to look at. Do you also have the simple interference pattern without the colour change? Not sure HOW we can use that as of yet, perhaps via file conversion to audio or something, but if you still have it hanging around, it'd be awesome if you could stick that up as well. I'll see what I can do with them, though I probably won't be able to do much with the meager image related software my laptop has. Anyone with better tools is welcome to start trying things as well.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby ALoneFox on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Hey, nice work! That makes it way easier to look at. Do you also have the simple interference pattern without the colour change? Not sure HOW we can use that as of yet, perhaps via file conversion to audio or something, but if you still have it hanging around, it'd be awesome if you could stick that up as well. I'll see what I can do with them, though I probably won't be able to do much with the meager image related software my laptop has. Anyone with better tools is welcome to start trying things as well.

Firstly, thank you! Secondly, you think your image software is meager? I don't have any of that stuff you're talking about. I don't even know what it is. I'm just confused. You know what I made this with? PAINT! Darned paint. I just went very carefully over the original picture. It took me a week of boredom. It's in pink and blue because they were easy to see. If you want to change the colour or anything, you'll have to do it yourself, I'm afraid. I'm frightfully low on technology. Sorry. I've done my best, but it's up to the rest of you now. Good luck.

EDIT: Sorry if that seemed angry. I didn't mean for it to. I'm just a little tired and emotional, so I think I'll just go to sleep.Go to sleep. That sounds like a good idea. Goodnight.
ALoneFox

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Hey, nice work! That makes it way easier to look at. Do you also have the simple interference pattern without the colour change? Not sure HOW we can use that as of yet, perhaps via file conversion to audio or something, but if you still have it hanging around, it'd be awesome if you could stick that up as well. I'll see what I can do with them, though I probably won't be able to do much with the meager image related software my laptop has. Anyone with better tools is welcome to start trying things as well.

Audio doesn't work, I've tried already, also there's no hidden files or anything sneaky like that either. The pattern obviously means something, though. My money is it somehow translating into a message, like I said above, possibly by translating it to binary or something (and then translating that into text). Not exactly sure how to go about doing that manually, but I think it safe to bet the "lighter" color is probably one number, and "darker" (or absent, if you prefer) color is the other number.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:51 pm

So then pixel by pixel analysis is in order, you think? (Let's have Pixel do it for the added pun factor) :P
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:So then pixel by pixel analysis is in order, you think? (Let's have Pixel do it for the added pun factor) :P

Yeah I think that's what we're gonna have to do here, unless we can find some program to do it automatically for us.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby ALoneFox on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:38 am

Right, I did some analysis (ie counting) and found that the image is a square of 300 by 300 pixels. Each square part of the pattern is 3 by 3 pixels. This makes 100 by 100 squares, or 10,000 in total. Also, the pattern repeats in one direction after 228 pixels, or 76 squares, but not at all in the other direction. It would repeat eventually, but only after over 400 pixels. The line on these pictures shows where the second version of the pattern starts. The first ends directly above it. Notice that none of my exact numbers are multiples of 8. Anyway, I've marked it on the blue and pink pattern and the original. Hope this helps. Good luck!

EDIT: I keep having a bad feeling that we're looking at this wrong. Will somebody please hurry up and solve this so I can sleep and not see this pattern in my dreams? I know you can do it.
Attachments
eyeliner.png
eyeliner.png (60.29 KiB) Viewed 484 times
eye line.png
eye line.png (6.32 KiB) Viewed 484 times
ALoneFox

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:56 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ahem. By which I mean, I had time this morning so I followed Adell's instructions to convert the pattern into binary. Ten lines down, I got concerned that I'd messed something up, so I figured I'd check what I had in a binary-to-text converter to see if I was getting not-gibberish, so I checked that, and found that it had the same url repeating a few times, and decided to take the chance that it was not going to change further down / decided to quit while I was ahead, and https://tinyurl.com/SecretVoidMessage led me here, which I could tell was the right place (or one of the right places? If anyone wants to slog through the rest of that pattern after the first ten lines, be my guest) from simple clues such as the familiar format, the fact that Soph had the document open at the time according to google, and EVERYTHING ABOUT THE MESSAGE.

Transcript:

Please leave your message after the tone. When done, hang up. Or press the pound key.

[beep]

Hello. I'm calling from the Isle of Apples bookstore for Jennifer Hamilton. I just wanted to let you know that your book order is ready for Off The Top Of My Head by M. R. Administrator.

You can come and pick it up at any time, but might I suggest looking into... other books. I've read it before, and, well, it just isn't very good. It gets very repetitive, and the author is CLEARLY very full of himself.

I understand that you're new to Toronto, so why don't you come in, we can discuss your taste, and I can make a personalized recommendation for what you should read next.

Thank you.

...Now, I've been searching for variants on "Isle of Apple(s)", "Aisle of Apple(s)", "I Love Apple(s)" bookstores in Toronto, but I'm finding no results (not to mention lots of Apple company results that are very not-useful), and I'm trying to figure out if this is a real place that I should go to or just a fictional bookstore that's being located in Toronto for laughs.
I have a few emotions, but they're stuffed. They aren't real.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:32 pm

okay so I started looking for things, and I found this:
Isle of Apples.
It's filled with fake, gibberish latin, I'll post the original google translate thing here

We will be sure to post a comment . Itself, create a pure , annoyance not, but across the country , to ensure that your own site. In fact, urn , they set up and Item law enforcement . But unless these quotes . In the afternoon, members of the life-style of animation . I have chronic pain. Read only . None of the equipment or vehicles dropped jaws . Each college. Posted bow but unless the members of the life coaching. EPA mass base or part time . Oklahoma vehicles as before . Yes, the just for a period of time , at a glance policies. No backyard lot of indoor air quality . Thanks dozens dynamic therapy . We have been in before . China 's banking , shopping and , more life , more so , nice.

We will be sure to post a comment . To invest . Until the afternoon of life is pure Japanese investment. Please activate alarms. Until Oklahoma , template storage migration , lion Female entrepreneurs , investment was put into the housing market . Products or wants or even targeted markets . Add to region is , the price , but, or Vikings , of the crime not be published , dozens of . But no lion . Arsenal 's planning more. Add sauce additions . Now needs more. In fact, They cried out, it was said by many, many do not, look at the Agency , Malaysia . Read more. Learn More. Information you need today, China at least , to make fit into, the attitude survey , wise . Tomorrow is the laughter of pure , Mom, from , ecological needs , their mourning that , before .

Now adorn the very near future . I really want to drink more. Until developers. No apology. Twice that is . There was no commercial market . We now need more time to buy land . Professional Affiliations churn -class by our union , very beginner himenaeos . Cisco Security , they set up in the throat develop the market beds of Cura; Tomorrow refrigerator temperature, not of pollutants , from customer service , this time in the , high school . In services. No film. Is the laughter of dozens of classrooms , visitors from , easy price , some not, to the righteous . Online stores subtitle . But for Admin . Home to just playing online games . Welcome to funny and not, and the element of a comprehensive energy , afternoon when orci. We do content . Even across the country , can not play the sad pot , raw onions course, and was not be published Agency 's basketball player to compare. In this post.

So, yeah, complete nonsense.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Well! Good job, Qara!

It's cool that it's in Toronto. I have no idea whether there's a real bookstore we should be looking for or not. It would be cool if there was, but I kind of have a hunch that there isn't? I don't know.

Either way, I'm SO GLAD that this has been figured out.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby ALoneFox on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Well done Qara! Well done. The original Off the Top of my Head wasn't found in Toronto, was it? And Jennifer Hamilton? As in the woman from Lawson's answering machine? We should have seen this coming. She was far too insignificant to the plot. Chekhov's Gunman by about a year. Anyway, I think this is fairly certainly what we are looking for. Unless it's just a distraction? A red herring! I doubt that. Well done Qara. I knew you could do it. Now we can stop puzzling over that image and start agonizing over what this all means. I wonder why Toronto?
ALoneFox

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Well done, everyone.

Speaking a bit Meta, you've found everything we set up for this. We just wanted to give a little coda to The Wall Will Fall that you'd all (hopefully) appreciate for the one-year anniversary.

Now, we won't spoil the implications of this little interaction of course, but you've found everything we put into it.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then Soph ruins our euphoria with the announcement (in chat) that we're still missing something-- apparently if we look into something in the message that we haven't much yet, it will explain RVR's motivation in sending us this message.

Qara-Xuan

the only things in the *message* that could use looking into are "why Toronto" or "why Jennifer Hamilton" (continuity) or "why 'Isle of Apples'"

Qara-Xuan

unless RVR's motivation is that she insults Mr A

Sophira

Right. It's definitely one of those.
I have a few emotions, but they're stuffed. They aren't real.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:15 pm

This is what you get for trusting what I say at full face value. I even implied that you didn't GET everything. You just managed to find everything that we released in this interaction.

In short, you found everything, but not yet what everything means.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:39 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:okay so I started looking for things, and I found this:
Isle of Apples.
It's filled with fake, gibberish latin, I'll post the original google translate thing here

We will be sure to post a comment . Itself, create a pure , annoyance not, but across the country , to ensure that your own site. In fact, urn , they set up and Item law enforcement . But unless these quotes . In the afternoon, members of the life-style of animation . I have chronic pain. Read only . None of the equipment or vehicles dropped jaws . Each college. Posted bow but unless the members of the life coaching. EPA mass base or part time . Oklahoma vehicles as before . Yes, the just for a period of time , at a glance policies. No backyard lot of indoor air quality . Thanks dozens dynamic therapy . We have been in before . China 's banking , shopping and , more life , more so , nice.

We will be sure to post a comment . To invest . Until the afternoon of life is pure Japanese investment. Please activate alarms. Until Oklahoma , template storage migration , lion Female entrepreneurs , investment was put into the housing market . Products or wants or even targeted markets . Add to region is , the price , but, or Vikings , of the crime not be published , dozens of . But no lion . Arsenal 's planning more. Add sauce additions . Now needs more. In fact, They cried out, it was said by many, many do not, look at the Agency , Malaysia . Read more. Learn More. Information you need today, China at least , to make fit into, the attitude survey , wise . Tomorrow is the laughter of pure , Mom, from , ecological needs , their mourning that , before .

Now adorn the very near future . I really want to drink more. Until developers. No apology. Twice that is . There was no commercial market . We now need more time to buy land . Professional Affiliations churn -class by our union , very beginner himenaeos . Cisco Security , they set up in the throat develop the market beds of Cura; Tomorrow refrigerator temperature, not of pollutants , from customer service , this time in the , high school . In services. No film. Is the laughter of dozens of classrooms , visitors from , easy price , some not, to the righteous . Online stores subtitle . But for Admin . Home to just playing online games . Welcome to funny and not, and the element of a comprehensive energy , afternoon when orci. We do content . Even across the country , can not play the sad pot , raw onions course, and was not be published Agency 's basketball player to compare. In this post.

So, yeah, complete nonsense.

That's actually Lorem Ipsum. Wikipedia link.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Tohrinha on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Because everything relates back to EFP....

The King Arthur request, for the message that we're still missing? Isle of Apples is similar to Avalon, and it's the only EFP post that has anything majorly to do with apples.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm

And it's based on a request from Qara... who lives in Toronto.
JackAlsworth

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Well, the bad news is, like I said, EFP doesn't relate to RVR at all. Despite their snazzy interest in Hawaiian shirts.

That said... hmmm... anyone tried Googling any of that?
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Victin wrote:That's actually Lorem Ipsum. Wikipedia link.

I pointed that out on the chat about the time we found the site.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Adminverse Discussion