Archived forum edit requests

Where you can discuss Echo Chamber, the latest happenings of Mr. Administrator and Radio Void Rebel, and anything else that might happen to come up.

Archived forum edit requests

Postby Sophira on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:33 pm

The archived forums don't let you log in, so as to preserve the archive. If you need something edited (for example, if you have a mailing address in there that you need removed from the public eye), please make a post here, or send me a private message.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Re: Archived forum edit requests

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:21 pm

You have probably already considered this, but I think there are some threads in Off-topic that might warrant being copied to the archive thread, due to how relevant they were to on-topic game stuff:

...There are several other threads that I could make an argument for moving, but these are the ones that seem the most rational to my mind and I don't think my judgement should be the only one consulted so I'll stop at this list of potentials.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sophira on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Now that the forums are split, moving threads between different sites is going to be quite difficult, if not impossible. When I set up the archived forums, I deleted the active forums from the database; what I'm realising now is that I should have just made them inaccessible to the public, so that I can move the threads that way.

I do think that it makes sense to move some of these, so what I'll probably do at some point is re-import the database and this time just make the other forums inaccessible instead of deleting them outright. I'll probably have to do that a bit later, though; I'm a bit tired for now.

(And just to reassure people: All the current URLs that are in the archive will stay the same, so don't worry about links changing on you when I re-import the database; the only links you'd need to change would be the ones pointing to threads in the active forum that I've "moved".)

Good call!
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 am

Yay!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Return to Adminverse Discussion