Fan spin off idea.

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Fan spin off idea.

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:18 am

I want to get together a group of six-twelve people to begin talking about a fan sequel that I am creating. To put the GM's mind at ease.
1. There will be no mention of Mr. A or any other character.
2. If possible most of the stuff will take place on another forum to avoid confusion in case of a sequel.

Now then players who are interested in helping formulate this please send me a message on this website. I will only pick a specified number of people so don't be offended if you don't get a message back.

The basic story of it is that a group of evil rich people have come together for a common goal. To bring fiction into reality and use it to rule the world. Players will assist the organization Whiteout, whose jobs is to protect the fourth wall from threats on both sides. Players will need to find clues in the real world to implicate the leaders of the group in crimes. They will also take up fictional avatars to enter the fiction that is being effected and stop their evil goals. Also players will have to help people who are effect by fiction shades, beings who come across the chips in the fourth wall and turn peoples lives into fictional scenario's. Together with the Agents players will help bring down the group and save the world.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Fan spin off idea.

Postby JRPictures on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:26 am

Sounds interesting ill send a message.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:27 am

Count me in.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Victin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:24 am

Sounds interesting, I'd like to join, though I probably won't do much.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Krika on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 am

I will be interested in working on this.

Have I mentioned that I dislike the rampant use of tiny text?
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 am

Count me in. Just... not yet. I'm going to take it easy on crazy internet stuff this month. I'm pretty tired.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

I'll help.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 am

Wait, I believe I can try to help, instead of playing. Not sure how much I'll be able to help, but I want to try.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:14 pm

You already know I'm working on related issues. If you need any help, you know where to find me.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby TheJester on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Very nice. I would participate but I got my own fan story that I need to build up on.
TheJester

Postby BlackWolfe on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 pm

TheJester wrote:Very nice. I would participate but I got my own fan story that I need to build up on.

Yeah, this is where I'm at.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby TheJester on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:30 pm

And what is your story good sir?
TheJester

Postby BlackWolfe on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 pm

TheJester wrote:And what is your story good sir?

Well, it's somewhat similar to Xana's proposal, actually. The idea is to continue real-world interactions between metaguards and fictionals, but in a story format, and with open-ended participation. Perhaps a villain group would crop up eventually, but at first it would just be stray fictives that somehow either got through again or were overlooked during the ARG.

Once I get the Christmas Carol fic finished, I'll put the first story up on GDocs or something and we'll see what people think.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:55 pm

BlackWolfe wrote:

Well, it's somewhat similar to Xana's proposal, actually. The idea is to continue real-world interactions between metaguards and fictionals, but in a story format, and with open-ended participation. Perhaps a villain group would crop up eventually, but at first it would just be stray fictives that somehow either got through again or were overlooked during the ARG.

Once I get the Christmas Carol fic finished, I'll put the first story up on GDocs or something and we'll see what people think.

I may be able to assist with something along those lines. Contact me if you start working on it.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 pm

As I said in my pm, I'll be available if you want my help with things.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Scarab on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:39 am

You need help, Xana, I'm there in whatever capacity I can be :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby TheJester on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:55 pm

BlackWolfe wrote:

I really am not the only one looking at evil organizations am I? XD
TheJester

Postby Scarab on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 am

BlackWolfe wrote:

Perhaps you and Xana might consider working together on this to make both your ideas work? I'm sure your skills put together would result in something incredibly epic. :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 am

This is some stuff I am going to implement in the future. This is stuff that may or may not make the final cut, but talk about it, ask questions about what stuff might mean. The more interest you show the better of a chance that it will be added in.

Corporations Snooping- The Corporation is everywhere, and they are putting out hidden messages so their collaborators can do what they need to. You need to find these messages so the agents of Whiteout can destroy them or use them against the company.

Shadow Hunts- The chips in the Fourth Wall are causing fiction to bleed into reality in the form of Shadows. These creatures infect a persons life and make them more and more like a fictional scenario from whatever world they bled out through. Find out what world they are from and if you are correct then the agents will send your fictional counterpart into the fictional world to close down the Organizations movements. Don't do it fast enough and the foothold will be to strong to move into and the persons life will be completely corrupted by fiction

Fictional Counterparts- These will allow you to inject yourself into the fictional world and stop whatever the Corporation is . Are they shipping automatic weapons back to a sword and sorcery style story? Find the portal and close it down for good. Careful through, the Corporation has its own people waiting to hunt you down.

Defeat the Leaders- if you pressure them enough a leader will take flight into the fictional world and craft a shell for himself and try to physically smash the wall to pieces. Inject your powered fictional counterparts into the area and take them out once and for all. It isn't murder, it is just Whiting out their stain on fiction.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:30 am

On fictional counterparts.
Am I correct in imagine them as the Fictional Metaguards. Only with each player being in control of one's canon? As opposed to actually injecting ourselves into the fictional world, which would be no different from what the corporation leaders do.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 am

Lordxana0 wrote:Corporations Snooping- The Corporation is everywhere, and they are putting out hidden messages so their collaborators can do what they need to. You need to find these messages so the agents of Whiteout can destroy them or use them against the company.

A good method for spreading puzzles, lots of potential for spies or mole work, which has the potential for lots of blurred lines of morality. Also that would be a great potential way to recruit new members.

Lordxana0 wrote:Shadow Hunts- The chips in the Fourth Wall are causing fiction to bleed into reality in the form of Shadows. These creatures infect a persons life and make them more and more like a fictional scenario from whatever world they bled out through. Find out what world they are from and if you are correct then the agents will send your fictional counterpart into the fictional world to close down the Organizations movements. Don't do it fast enough and the foothold will be to strong to move into and the persons life will be completely corrupted by fiction

I'm really interested to see where you go with this. It's a good idea in itself: the idea of fiction affecting people and us having to figure out how, but I guess there could be other kinds of shadows too.

I remember early on I kept batting about the idea of some ideas, some stories, being very very ancient, born right at the root of human culture: vague and unformed because they're so ancient, but also incredibly powerful and highly dangerous because all of fiction thereafter sprung from them. If the Shadows can pose a physical threat in and of themselves then what is more powerful than an idea?

Lordxana0 wrote:Fictional Counterparts- These will allow you to inject yourself into the fictional world and stop whatever the Corporation is . Are they shipping automatic weapons back to a sword and sorcery style story? Find the portal and close it down for good. Careful through, the Corporation has its own people waiting to hunt you down.

Hell. Yes. This is by far my favourite part, I also liked the ideas Sicon proposed in audio chat - of different peoples skills being suited to different enemies.

Lordxana0 wrote:Defeat the Leaders- if you pressure them enough a leader will take flight into the fictional world and craft a shell for himself and try to physically smash the wall to pieces. Inject your powered fictional counterparts into the area and take them out once and for all. It isn't murder, it is just Whiting out their stain on fiction.

I really like the idea's you're coming out with. I'm sure there can be a lot of variety on exactly WHAT the bad guy does, as well, to keep it varied and interesting. I'm not sure at this point what but I'm sure we can all come up with some amazing ideas for how these corporations try to stand against us. (Hell it'd be interesting to see some less overtly negative coroprations in there too, just to throw a bit of moral dilemma in there.)
Scarab

Return to Metaguard Projects