Question

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Question

Postby Tom on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Is this forum redundant with Planning? They both seem to be about metaguard projects, and 20 or so posts doesn't seem to warrant a whole forum. Thoughts?
Tom
Puppetmaster

Re: Question

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Hm... well, I think the point of the planning thing was for fan continuity related stuff, which is probably about to explode as Jester, BlackWolfe, Xana, and I really get going on our new projects. Give it a couple days and if they do turn out mostly redundant we can always just fuse the two without too much trouble, right?

The general idea for this section was off topic focused projects that are mostly unrelated to the Adminverse, I think, but with a little bit of reformatting we might be able to slip the two sections together if they are both stunted.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Blurred_9L on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Hmmm, well I'm not exactly sure what the others planned to do with that specific part of the forum, but if it can fit in the Metaguards Section of the forum , you might as well move it. I believe Xana might be planning something else, though I'm not sure if there's a post for that already or not; or whether he plans to make the post there or not. Well, anyway, in case the board is eliminated, you might want to notify Jester, just in case he gets upset or something.

EDIT: Didn't see Sicon's post there. Must have posted at the same time. I believe he explains it better than I do :P.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:31 pm

My original intention when I drafted this model was that this forum would be a hub for personal and one-shot projects.
Coordinating the Christmas Carol was the main idea in my mind at the time. Along with the Character Drawings by Scarab.

The "Planning" under Fan-Continuity is to discuss ideas like Xana's spin off that would create an on-going series of events. My first thought for that would be hosting an arbitrary "Wall Emergency Event" where we would write fics as a possible intruder, or someone decides to run a character twitter/blog and that's the place for the Fan-GM to discuss plans for those things.

It would be possible to plan for the Fan-Continuity events here, of course. And if it does happen, then that section existing becomes redundant. I just assumed it would work better to have the two things separated, as in general, the things we discuss there might touch EC-sensitive areas on which events we can or can't do ourselves, for one thing. And this place is mostly a hub for things we're working on in a personal level. Even possibly completely separated from EC, like the drawings (Coffee Room/Personal Choice).
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Pixelmage wrote:My original intention when I drafted this model was that this forum would be a hub for personal and one-shot projects.
Coordinating the Christmas Carol was the main idea in my mind at the time. Along with the Character Drawings by Scarab.

The "Planning" under Fan-Continuity is to discuss ideas like Xana's spin off that would create an on-going series of events. My first thought for that would be hosting an arbitrary "Wall Emergency Event" where we would write fics as a possible intruder, or someone decides to run a character twitter/blog and that's the place for the Fan-GM to discuss plans for those things.

It would be possible to plan for the Fan-Continuity events here, of course. And if it does happen, then that section existing becomes redundant. I just assumed it would work better to have the two things separated, as in general, the things we discuss there might touch EC-sensitive areas on which events we can or can't do ourselves, for one thing. And this place is mostly a hub for things we're working on in a personal level. Even possibly completely separated from EC, like the drawings (Coffee Room/Personal Choice).

First off, the character profile sheets need to come to here, something I've been meaning to mention for a while. As to the rest, I think it is a good idea to keep the apart, because even if we start off slow, it's eventually going to create quite a list of threads. I'm planning on starting off the first thing in the fan continuity thing.... shortly. :P
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Tom on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:38 am

While I believe activity there will increase, I don't think it'll be on the scale warranting an entire subforum. Would any harm come from merging it?
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby TheJester on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:43 am

I suppose. If our projects were meant to be popular, they will bear fruit on the merged section just as much as they would on the other forum. I suppose I support Sicon's idea. Let it go for a bit and if it doesn't achieve any notable things than merge it.
TheJester

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:55 am

Tom wrote:While I believe activity there will increase, I don't think it'll be on the scale warranting an entire subforum. Would any harm come from merging it?

No real harm that I can see. After all, some of our ideas might require us to coordinate off-site instead of using the forum and that wouldn't change. I would keep the Metaguard Projects while removing the whole Fan-Continuity section in that case.

Or make Fan-Continuity into a subforum of Metaguard Projects, that would still keep the two scales of projects on separate layers, while removing the 1-forum section from the main screen. That would be the preferable way to tweak it, at least for me. Others might have different opinions though.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:25 am

I was actually under the impression that this subsection was for minor projects and just...ideas.

like if someone wanted to write a fanfic, they'd post it here. If someone had a good idea for a storyline, they'd put it here, that sort of thing.

I guess I also thought that the planning section would act as a nerve center for bigger things, like fan-ARGS or other stories that require a lot of attention.

:? but, I'm probably wrong.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:34 am

eli_gone_crazy wrote: :? but, I'm probably wrong.

Uh, no. You're spot on. ;)

That was the intended use and the reason why I even came up with them as separate sections in the first place. I'm just trying to wrap around Tom's idea to merge it, so that if that gets done we still know how it works. Also, the plan is that the Fan-Continuity would actually gain 1 or 2 more forums dedicated to running the events outlined in Planning. As I noted in the Post-Mortem thread, getting any bigger than that would become unpractical and require us to run the events elsewhere.

Events that are undefined because apparently a number of people have plans for it but didn't get around to posting them to start the section yet. So it looks like a barren field at the moment. :roll:
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby TheJester on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote: :? but, I'm probably wrong.

Uh, no. You're spot on. ;)

That was the intended use and the reason why I even came up with them as separate sections in the first place. I'm just trying to wrap around Tom's idea to merge it, so that if that gets done we still know how it works. Also, the plan is that the Fan-Continuity would actually gain 1 or 2 more forums dedicated to running the events outlined in Planning. As I noted in the Post-Mortem thread, getting any bigger than that would become unpractical and require us to run the events elsewhere.

Events that are undefined because apparently a number of people have plans for it but didn't get around to posting them to start the section yet. So it looks like a barren field at the moment. :roll:

I started my idea already and started a topic about it. I mean, I get what your saying I just wanted to clarify that mine already started.
TheJester

Return to Metaguard Projects