School Bio

Be creative! We know you can be <3

School Bio

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Okay, so I had to write a bio for school. and I had this sort-of crazy idea to write a second bio... one that included the events of the ARG. this is what I came up with ^^

My name is eli_gone_crazy, and I’ve saved the world. Well, to be fair I didn’t save the world, but with the help of my friends and some badass fictionals, the world stayed in place. Now that the world is safe again, we were told to return to our normal lives. For me and several others, this means back to school. I liked writing, and over the course of my attempts to save the world, writing became something of a prerequisite. During this course, I’d like to learn how to write better, just in case my service is required again.

I am 19 years old, and I was born in [REDACTED]. I guess I’m pretty normal, though the last few months have redefined the word “normal”, at least for me. The adventures I’ve had over the last few months have been…interesting to say the least. Having nearly daily interactions with an eldritch abomination can definitely change your perspective on persuasive speaking.

As for friends and family… well I’d have to say that the past few months have helped me get out of my shell and make some really great friends. There’s nothing like the threat of universal devastation to bring people together. We did have some amazing arguments, but for some reason, the arguments brought us closer together. It isn’t perfect, but we are one big, demented family.

That’s about it I think. I am majoring in [REDACTED] but I hope to change it soon, maybe to a major that allows me to make better use of the talents I’ve discovered through my accidental recruitment into saving the world.
eli_gone_crazy

Re: School Bio

Postby Scarab on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 pm

*Thinks this is awesome*

You know I'll say this for saving the world, it would sure make our resumes more interesting.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Indeed.

You should have used this one as the official school bio! :gurt: #MadMadMad
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Sweet. :gurt:

I'm tempted to suggest we should all write bios like this for ourselves. Normally I'd start by writing one myself and posting it but my brain's kind of fuzzy right now so it might take me a while to get to it. Maybe other people can jump in for me?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 pm

I want to rewrite this. maybe go into more detail about the actual events, or something.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:54 pm

THIS:
http://nicholasjournaldotcom.wordpress.com/

Was my School English Homework
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 am

narrativedilettante wrote:I'm tempted to suggest we should all write bios like this for ourselves. Normally I'd start by writing one myself and posting it but my brain's kind of fuzzy right now so it might take me a while to get to it. Maybe other people can jump in for me?

Maybe I'll do it tomorrow or on Wednesday, but I'll definitely do it :P
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Victin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:50 am

Cool! :gurt:

But why you redacted your major? I believe you told us (or at least me) once. I don't remember it, but I hear the name I'll.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:44 am

Dilly wrote:I'm tempted to suggest we should all write bios like this for ourselves.

Well... :?

Pixelmage. Basement Dweller... Or rather, former Basement Dweller. I think. Things got sort of confusing lately. Most of the time I'm just normal nerd. You know the type, I won't bore you with that. Well, save for the fact that I'm not doing something nerdy right now, like hide in a corner hoping to be skipped over in the introduction. That's because things have changed a bit. I met some new people, a lot of them like me, some very different. But, we became friends and started to bond. I got a little more used to talking to others and about myself. I guess fencing off an apocalypse does that.

I've lived here in [REDACTED] my whole life. Got one year living out of town for college, but... That didn't work out so well, so I'm back, restarting my life to make it better. I'm 21, so a bit late to be starting again, but I don't really care about that, I think I have enough time and that's all I really need.

Oh, the remark about the apocalypse? No biggie. I just helped prevent the end of the world. The group I mentioned earlier? We were recruited by some creepy guy in a suit to write away the end of the world. You laugh, but I know what I did, so there. ;)

Challenges bring people together. It changes everyone. I know it changed me and to this day I'm not sure how much those few months affected me. I gained many new friends and learned a lot. Time to put that knew knowledge to use!
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Very nice, Pix.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:51 pm

We had to write a fake bio/profile for an imaginary "online community of some sort", introducing ourselves to our "prospective... friends". I realized I never wrote a proper introduction when I joined here, and wrote this (approximately. We had to write it by hand and hand it in right away, so I tried to reconstruct as quick as possible from memory) :

Well, it's been a while since I introduced myself online-- last time I made a forum account, I just jumped right in and only remembered to introduce myself officially a month later, by which point everyone knew me.

So... here goes nothing, though rest assured, intro or no, you'll know me well enough soon, because I talk a lot.

Mostly I talk about myself, and thinks I love-- such as reading, particularly certain works of fantastic genius (*cough* - Pratchett - *cough*); writing, particularly fiction; being Canadian; acting and singing. Oh, and saving the world. That's what I did with my friends on the last forum I joined. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll tell you the story sometime. I like telling stories.

So-- nice to meet you. If that was too much for you to bother making sense of, here's the Laconic version: Crazy, energetic nerd, headed your way.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi. I'm narrativedilettante, but you can call me Narra, or Dilly, or whatever you like.

Some people call me the Meta-Robin. That's the title I earned while helping to save the world. I played a pretty important role in that whole operation, something which surprised me probably more than it did anyone else. I cooperated with real and fictional people around the world to stave off an apocalypse, and even though I accomplished a lot, I was constantly humbled by the achievements of others.

Saving the world helped me grow as a person. I developed as a writer, and became part of a community. I would never have made so many new friends without the dire circumstances that brought us together. I guess in a way I'm grateful that the world was in danger, because it led to me experiencing so many wonderful things.

So here I am. I like to read, and I like to write, and I like things that are very, very silly. Serious can be good sometimes too, but silliness needs to be there to balance it.

Nice to meet you.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Hello. My name is Genndy Oda. I'm 15 years old, and I have lived in [REDACTED], MI, for my entire life. I'm... not exactly the most normal person you'll meet. I'm overly dramatic, blunt, and I play music in the halls with my laptop. Also, I can proudly say that I am part of an organization that saved the world. Laugh if you want, but if not for many of us doing what we did, 2013 would never have come. I made good friends there. If there's anything else you need to know, ask me in person. It'll probably sound better.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Return to Metaguard Projects