Cultural Exchange: Australia

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Cultural Exchange: Australia

Postby JRPictures on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 am

Might as well come in on the craze.

So go ahead and ask questions about the Land Down Under where "everything can kill you"
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Re: Cultural Exchange: Australia

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 am

Can you please give me a list of the Australian animals that are not deadly? :lol:
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 pm

What are Australian Christmas movies and traditions and things like? I've often wondered how it changes things to celebrate Christmas in the summer. (Come to think of it this is a valid question for anyone who lives south of the Equator, but let's focus on Australia for now.)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:09 pm

I've heard that Australia has the highest minimum wage in the world and that it is a really good place to live, because you can get lots of money really easy (my English teacher that is going to Australia told us the story of a guy who was looking for food at a restaurant because he didn't have nayhting, and they just gave him a job by cleaning the dishes). I'm curious because Australia is my back-up plan.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby JRPictures on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Can you please give me a list of the Australian animals that are not deadly? :lol:

Haha honestly any animals that can kill you would really be in the bush or outback like wolves, dingoes or snakes. All the other animals are fairly harmless unless you provoke them.

narrativedilettante wrote:What are Australian Christmas movies and traditions and things like? I've often wondered how it changes things to celebrate Christmas in the summer. (Come to think of it this is a valid question for anyone who lives south of the Equator, but let's focus on Australia for now.)

Austrlian Christmas movies aren't all that significant (National Lampoons Christmas Vacation always gets repeated on tv every year notably) there are some animated ones with such premises like on outback man crossing places with Santa etc.

Overall Christmas in the southern hemisphere isn't all that different from the Northern Hemisphere apart from snow obviously. (Though there are places where snow is made artificially but I can't get into the details.

Victin wrote:I've heard that Australia has the highest minimum wage in the world and that it is a really good place to live, because you can get lots of money really easy (my English teacher that is going to Australia told us the story of a guy who was looking for food at a restaurant because he didn't have nayhting, and they just gave him a job by cleaning the dishes). I'm curious because Australia is my back-up plan.

I wouldnt know much on that topic, I don't even have a job at the moment. It is great place to live in though.

That's an interesting story about the restaurant, there is plenty of people who could be that nice.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Return to Metaguard Projects