Pub Quiz II

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Pub Quiz II

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:04 pm

This thread is about SIGNING UP and CHOOSING A DATE/TIME for the Pub Quiz. Once a date is chosen, a new thread will be opened to discuss more Pub Quiz-related logistics.

Hey, guys!

So, the second Pub Quiz is happening.

Your friendly quizmasters this time are Scarab, myself (Qara), Adell, and Sicon. We are in the process of devising you a fiendishly difficult and devilishly fun quiz; soon, all that will remain is picking a date.

We're keeping the question topics under wraps for the time being, though of course there will be a section on The Wall Will Fall, and allow me to stress that this quiz is open, like the last one to BOTH METAGUARDS AND GMS. The more, the merrier!

Speaking of, if you are interested in competing in this pub quiz, please sign up below, and we will arrange to pick the most mutually-convenient date/time via doodle, like last time.

HERE is the link to doodle-- please sign up for the times which work best for you!
You might have to click on an accordion-shaped thing to see the full range of options-- there's about a week and a half's worth of days in February, and a wide range of times for each day. The first "Yes" is if you'd want it to be that time, the middle "(Yes)" is if it's not ideal, but you'd still be able to make it, and the bottom "No" is if you absolutely can't do it then.

The way the site works, the times are ALREADY ADJUSTED to your timezone, so you don't need to worry about converting to "what time is it for me then?"

**Don't forget to save your answers after you input them. There is a 'save' button under the last box, on the bottom right; if you don't click that, then your times will be lost!

Also, if you need to change your times after you've already submitted them, just PM me or one of the other quizmasters-- we have the ability to edit all the input answers on the poll, though hopefully that won't be something we'll be doing all the time. It's just that the more answers we get soon, the better, because the easier it will be to pick a mutually convenient date.

Please keep in mind that we cannot please everyone, so it might still end up being at a time that you can't make. We will, however, try our best.

Edit: the poll is now closed.
Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Pub Quiz II

Postby S_o_S on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Bring it, I will end you all with my mastery of useless trivia.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Count me in :D
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Let's all have fun! :twisted:
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Blurred_9L on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm in too! :D
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Updated with the doodle link. ^_^
Please sign up to help us pick a time that works for everyone.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 am

I'd love to join in! Answered the poll.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:50 am

I am, of course, totally doing this :mrgreen:
One question before I fill in the table though: Do the times on the table change according to my timezone?
RotavatoR

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 am

The times are already adjusted to your timezone. Thanks for reminding me; I should put that up in the OP.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:39 am

Whoa, I can't plan that far ahead. :o
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Dryunya wrote:Whoa, I can't plan that far ahead. :o

Then wait until it's nearer to the date andf pick a time when you're more sure of your schedule ;)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Apologies about the blank submission earlier under my name. There is a weird bug in the script that did that. I'll get on and make another one soon.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

If you click the administrator link in the planning chat, you'll be able to edit a preexisting entry.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Just a reminder we'll probably be picking a date at the end of this week, once it becomes February.
Keep in mind that everyone is still MORE THAN WELCOME to join in once a date's been picked; it's just that this is your chance to help make it a date that you're likely to be able to be on for. (The doodle link is still up in the OP.)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm sure Qara can incoroprate this into the Original Post when she returns. We have figured out the prizes for the pub quiz, and now that Adell and I are done teasing you guys on the chatroom with them, here they are... :P

• In the event that your character design on the ARG profiles list has NOT been completed already, you will be moved to the top of the list and your design will be completed up to at least the flat colours level.

The winner will also be able to choose from ONE (This is both to make you feel guilty about making the individual quizmaster do more work, and because if you win a pubquiz in the future, you can pick from the other prizes) of the following prizes.

• A gif of your character, courtesy of Adell. Probably something quite simple, such as jumping or moving about in a loop.
  • A song written by Qaua Xuan Zenith. You can also ask to have any of the Quiz Masters to sing it for you (or if someone else is willing you may ask them as well).
  • A sketch, probably no more than up to the inking stage, by Scarab
  • Short story, courtesy of Sicon112 (I think he'll want to put a word count limit on it, like say 5000 or so, but you'll have to check with him.)

2nd place gets...! A pat on the back

3rd gets a thumbs up.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:57 pm

If I win I will have a very difficult time choosing a prize.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:17 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:If I win I will have a very difficult time choosing a prize.

Me too. BTW, how much time should the pub quiz take?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm

It shouldn't be longer than two hours.

By which I mean, if it is longer than two hours, most or all of the quizmasters will be tearing our hair out, screaming.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 am

Based on my experience with everything related to ARGs, Qara, you've all but guaranteed that the quiz will last 3+ hours, with all the people in charge pulling their hair out by the end trying to make it work. :lol:

This will have to be one of those game-time decisions for me. My wife has officially hit the 7-month mark of the pregnancy. What this means is that, if something was to arise, the doctor could point and say "that baby's coming out, and we're going to make sure it's good to go." Yeah, that's *probably* not going to happen, but between the "first time parents" courses, doing miscellaneous stuff (baby shower, last pre-baby karaoke outing, last 24-hour sci-fi movie marathon... you know, the usual), and whatnot, nobody should plan around whether or not I can show up and/or participate.

Still, it does sound interesting. Though I can only imagine what it'd be like if I was running things. The video game questions alone might make some cry.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:27 am

Rick Healey wrote:Based on my experience with everything related to ARGs, Qara, you've all but guaranteed that the quiz will last 3+ hours, with all the people in charge pulling their hair out by the end trying to make it work. :lol:

This will have to be one of those game-time decisions for me. My wife has officially hit the 7-month mark of the pregnancy. What this means is that, if something was to arise, the doctor could point and say "that baby's coming out, and we're going to make sure it's good to go." Yeah, that's *probably* not going to happen, but between the "first time parents" courses, doing miscellaneous stuff (baby shower, last pre-baby karaoke outing, last 24-hour sci-fi movie marathon... you know, the usual), and whatnot, nobody should plan around whether or not I can show up and/or participate.

Still, it does sound interesting. Though I can only imagine what it'd be like if I was running things. The video game questions alone might make some cry.

Oh believe me, I remember very much the hair pulling of last time. :lol: It didn't help that it was nearly midnight inmine and Zup's time zone when the quiz was going on. Not that we weren't familiar with being awake until like, three am.

I think Qara can give you a run for your money in the tricky questions department: they're VERY good questions, though I'm trying to come up with the less difficult ones too ;) Pub Quizzes should be hard, by their nature, of course.

It would be awesome if you or any of the other GMs get the chance to come :D Tom and Dana were there last time which was awesome... Tom's vast knowledge of the Tropes section of the quiz was unreal. 8-)
Scarab

Postby Sophira on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:38 pm

I assume that the quiz section on The Wall Will Fall won't be open to GMs? :P
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:06 pm

Sophira wrote:I assume that the quiz section on The Wall Will Fall won't be open to GMs? :P

Ooh... actually, you know, I don't think we ever thought of that... Personally I don't see why not though, eveyrone has some advantage or another :)
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Sophira wrote:I assume that the quiz section on The Wall Will Fall won't be open to GMs? :P

It is ABSOLUTELY open to GMs. Speaking as someone who saw all those questions (and wrote a number of them) I don't think you'll have an unfair advantage. :twisted:

*double-check* ...Actually, unless things change when we get our last batch of questions in, I wrote all the TWWF questions. They are definitely open to GMs.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sophira on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Except that we have the added benefit of at least half a year's study on most of the material! :P

Still, okay! It's on. :D
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Adell on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Sophira wrote:Except that we have the added benefit of at least half a year's study on most of the material! :P

Still, okay! It's on. :D

Hey if you win you get a Drawing and sprite from scarab and myself, along with one of those other prizes! You should take any advantage you can get :3
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Next

Return to Metaguard Projects