Webcomics Worth Wreading

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Re: Webcomics Worth Wreading

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 pm

RotavatoR wrote:I really should check out this blog, but I haven't extensively done so yet, which makes me an awful human being. It's really cool that you have a blog though :P

Don't worry, I wouldn't want anyone to feel obligated. I just want to make it easy for people to keep up if they want to.

RotavatoR wrote:Also how do you feel about guest writers? Pretty sure some of us would like to write for you IF you don't feel like writing :P Or maybe on your birthday? I don't know >->

I'm gonna save this option for when I really don't have time to write an entry myself. And I'd probably need to approve the subject matter beforehand (wouldn't want someone to write a whole post on Webcomic A when I already had plans to write about Webcomic A myself, for instance). And I can't guarantee that I'll ever request guest posts.

Of course, if you want to write about webcomics, there's nothing to stop you from starting your own blog, or posting about them on your personal blog if you have one, or even just talking about them on the forum. :)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Krika on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Upon being introduced to A Softer World, my reaction is....mixed.

It's quite...not dark, but rather depressing all the same. There's a ton of things that just make me feel really empty/sad inside. But, at the same time.....I kinda like that sort of thing. So...mixed.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:11 am

narrativedilettante wrote:Don't worry, I wouldn't want anyone to feel obligated. I just want to make it easy for people to keep up if they want to.

Well, it's more that I want to check it out, but then I don't. It came out wrong :P Anyway it's stupid >.>

narrativedilettante wrote:Of course, if you want to write about webcomics, there's nothing to stop you from starting your own blog, or posting about them on your personal blog if you have one, or even just talking about them on the forum. :)

I'm not that big of a webcomic fan to have a whole blog about it, and I don't know, I thought maybe it'd help your blog stand out more :P
RotavatoR

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:14 am

narrativedilettante wrote:Of course, if you want to write about webcomics, there's nothing to stop you from starting your own blog, or posting about them on your personal blog if you have one, or even just talking about them on the forum. :)

I'm not that big of a webcomic fan to have a whole blog about it, and I don't know, I thought maybe it'd help your blog stand out more :P[/quote]

Then it sounds like we have different attitudes toward blog maintenance. :P
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:16 am

This is the one that actually gave me the impetus to start this blog: Broodhollow.

There's also a Kickstarter for this comic that you may have heard me going on about in the chat.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:27 am

Next up: Bad Machinery!

I have a long and complicated history with this artist's work. It didn't exactly fit in with the scope of my blog, but maybe I'll tell you all about it sometime.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Hark! A Vagrant.

This one was harder to write than I was expecting. I think I wound up using the word "silly" entirely too often.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 pm

I love Kate Beatton. Some of her stuff was printed in my national newspaper for a.while.

(Also I can't comment on whether her stuff is more accessible to the average Canadian because I'm a big fan of random Canadian history but I for one get a kick out of it.)
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:51 pm

This week: Gronk!
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Unshelved!

Fun fact: When I was reading through the Unshelved archives, which took a few days, I had a dream that I was a librarian who used to work at the Malville public library, and Dewey was sad that I didn't work with him anymore.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:34 pm

I totally forgot to post here yesterday! Dr. McNinja is up now.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:I totally forgot to post here yesterday! Dr. McNinja is up now.

I liked your analysis of Dr. McNinja. Though I actually should catch up on it, I don't think I got to see the President of the United States actually.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Victin wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:I totally forgot to post here yesterday! Dr. McNinja is up now.

I liked your analysis of Dr. McNinja. Though I actually should catch up on it, I don't think I got to see the President of the United States actually.

She did show up relatively recently.

And can I just mention: I LOVED reading through the whole comic archive to write that post. Re-reading Dr. McNinja was equivalent to re-falling in love with Dr. McNinja.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 pm

I would like to let you know that the only reason I'm NOT reading this blog right now is because I'm so sure you would convince me to start reading all of these and then all of the time would be gone.

>.>

*is so tempted to read anyway*
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:14 pm

NO idea what you will think of it, but I can drop a link to the tropes page for it here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/TowerOfGod.

Mimsy read and enjoyed it, said it was pretty good, and I ran into a mention of it on TvTropes and figured I would drop it here, in case you agreed. Give you some more material. Written by a Korean, though, but it is translated into English or Mimsy wouldn't have been able to read it.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Wait, so Tower of God is actually a web comic? I though it was an anime or something!
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Sicon. I'll take a look!

And, anyone who wants to suggest anything (or who already has): I will gladly listen to your suggestions, but I may not get around to any of them, and if I do it definitely won't be for a long time. There is a bookmark folder in my browser labeled "Read These Someday" and it is so full of webcomics I can't view it all at once on my screen. I spend a lot of my time reading webcomics and there's still more out there than I can ever hope to get to, let alone look at thoroughly and in-depth.

So, I'm always glad to learn of more comics that I might enjoy, but there's quite a bit of a backlog, just so you know.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 pm

New post: Cat and Girl!
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 am

narrativedilettante wrote:New post: Cat and Girl!

Ahh I know this one :D Haven't looked at it for a while.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am

Wondermark!

Out of all the comics I've done so far, this is the one I'm closest to. I actually remember seeing some of those examples in the post as they were being made. I didn't put in any examples that I had any direct input on, though. That would have just been too weird.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:44 am

This week: Girls With Slingshots!

Which actually would have gone up last week except I realized that then I'd have two comics with "girl" in the title in a row and I didn't want to do that.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:36 pm

And now, Diesel Sweeties.

Facts about Diesel Sweeties:

-This is the webcomic that I've been reading the longest. I think I started reading it when I was 11. I even own a card, signed by the creator, certifying that I liked Diesel Sweeties before it sold out. (This was a reward for writing to newspapers asking them to run the syndicated version of Diesel Sweeties.)

-Have you seen the Scott Pilgrim movie? Well, the skull shirt that Scott wears in that movie originated in this comic, as the shirt that Metal Steve habitually wears.

-Merchandise from this comic also shows up all over The IT Crowd, but so does merchandise from A LOT of webcomics because The IT Crowd is awesome that way, to the extent that if I do a comic on my blog and something from it has shown up on The IT Crowd there is no guarantee whatsoever that I will remember and make a note of it.

-I'm tired and not 100% certain that I'm being coherent right now and that's not even a fact about Diesel Sweeties it's just about me and maybe I should stop writing.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:09 am

This week: Bob the Angry Flower!

This is the webcomic that I have been reading the second-longest, since I was 13 or 14. It fills me with nostalgia.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:33 am

http://suppressioncomic.com/?p=24

A webcomic I find highly enjoyable, and would fit perfectly with Halloween, seeing as a large part of it could be called 'horror' based.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:http://suppressioncomic.com/?p=24

A webcomic I find highly enjoyable, and would fit perfectly with Halloween, seeing as a large part of it could be called 'horror' based.

Thanks for the rec. I haven't had a chance to read much of it yet, but it's on the list! :)

And there's a new entry on my blog, at last: I Do Not Have an Eating Disorder.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

PreviousNext

Return to Metaguard Projects