Let's Play Darksiders 2!

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Let's Play Darksiders 2!

Postby agoraoptera on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:24 am

Hi all, as you may or may not know, I'm doing an LP of Darksiders 2.

There's no fixed schedule to this; I'll try to post as frequently as possible. It's "livestream" because that's the most convenient program for me to use :P Laconic of Darksiders 2: You play as Death, one of the Four Horseman. War is framed for starting Armageddon and hence wiping out us humans. Death goes to clear his name.

Because I know you guys love entertainment, this playthrough is on the hardest difficulty. And I didn't mention this in the video, but I'll be trying to find all the collectibles. Ordinarily, I'd just go on the easiest mode and have fun, but yeah. The things I do for you people. But you guys are viewing, so I'll be needing decisions/feedback.

As of the first video, these are the pressing questions. Teleport Slash or Ghouls? Axe or Hammer? Do you want to watch me attempt to use the charged attack all the time? Do you want to watch me try with only the Scythe? Should I pick dandelions from the ground? Everything in this LP will be decided by you guys, so, feel free to torture me >_> (Of course, the more ridiculous requests shall be.. noted. But only noted.)
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Re: Let's Play Darksiders 2!

Postby Guyshane on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:26 am

My recommendation, Ghouls for the first skill point and get teleport slash next level. Axes and Hammers are essentially the same weapon in this game
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:02 am

Shane's points about having minions to distract attention from the surely ravenous enemies on this difficulty level are definitely valid. On the other hand... oh gosh I love teleporting so much. XD

Great LP so far. For someone on the hardest difficulty level, you are doing just fine, with only one real death in 30 minutes of playing. I'm not really sure how overall hard a game this is, as I have never played it, but it sure seems like you are doing a great job. My only other comments are that you should either try turning the game volume down, or your microphone's input volume up, as I'm having trouble making out what you are saying over the admittedly awesome music.

I'm kinda sad that our schedules are such that I probably won't ever be able to watch it live, but I guess I'll just keep taking a look at whatever new videos you make after the fact. ^_^
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Krika on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 am

I can't really hear what you're saying over the game sound, just so you know.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby agoraoptera on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:51 am

Sicon112 wrote:.. with only one real death in 30 minutes of playing.

... Yeah. I really shouldn't have died for that one, but I'm a bit paranoid about conserving health potions some times..

Sicon112 wrote:.. try turning the game volume down, or your microphone's input volume up, as I'm having trouble making out what you are saying over the admittedly awesome music.

Krika wrote:I can't really hear what you're saying over the game sound, just so you know.

Got it, guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll down the game volume to 50% and boost my mic up by a few more decibels. Usually I play on max volume and control it by my soundbar's knob :P Probably not the best idea for an LP.

Guyshane wrote:Axes and Hammers are essentially the same weapon in this game

There's a slight difference in attack animation, but yeah, both are heavy weapons. Nevertheless, the aesthetic choice is up to you guys :D

Sicon112 wrote:I'm kinda sad that our schedules are such that I probably won't ever be able to watch it live, but I guess I'll just keep taking a look at whatever new videos you make after the fact. ^_^

Heh, it's usually just Shane online when I stream. Pity about timezones.. I'd wanted to watch your Dark Souls live too.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

agoraoptera

Postby agoraoptera on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:30 am

Next part is up: where I don't actually get much done, but get a few settings done, complain a little about not being able to use my horse, get some exposition and our first sidequest! I think I need to have my mic a bit further away from my mouth :P

agoraoptera

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 am

The audio sounded a lot better this time around. I had no problems hearing anything. Also, I found a shiny you missed at about 26:34 because my video stopped to buffer there and I caught it on the right side of the screen. Maybe stop by there next time you pass through and pick it up.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby agoraoptera on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:05 am

Double update, where I loot a lot of stuff including Possessed Weapon, feed it loot until it's level 2, find Claws, get a Stalker Bone for our sidequest, reach level 3 and get cut off halfway in the second video by my dad returning home, but then he leaves again so I obtain a Key from the end of the dungeon off-screen. The dying several times bit is entirely incidental and not at all reflective of my skill as a gamer.

Thanks Shane; them ghouls are really helpful. And thanks Sicon, by doubling-back to collect the thing, I found a lot more stuff that I would have overlooked. :D

Edit: I doubled back after the stream, went to pick up a second page of the Book of the Dead I'd missed.

agoraoptera

Postby agoraoptera on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:57 am

Update where I take a miserable amount of time to kill a boss who's really easy actually to kill >_>

Loot update: got a new Talisman which gives me Resistance instead of Defence. A bit of searching tells me that Resistance is for elemental attacks, Defence (or is it Defense?) is for physical attacks. I guess I'll keep it for now, see how it goes. Or, I could feed it to my Possessed Glaive, if you guys want me to XD
We got a new set of Scythes that also give us Frost damage, so that's awesome. A lot of boots (or greaves, if you really want to be technical) which I don't understand, I mean, of all the things that Constructs can drop, they drop footwear. <_>

Random questions: Where shall I put my next few skill points? Would you like to see me play more aggressively/passively? Do you want to see more Teleport Slash or Exhume? Ooo the suspense~

agoraoptera

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:36 pm

You know what I'm going to say by this point. XD That said, both trees look really well done and both would probably be awesome to see maxed.

...Or you know, you could always just get ALL OF THE SKILLS. ALL OF THEM. :P
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Sicon112 wrote:You know what I'm going to say by this point. XD That said, both trees look really well done and both would probably be awesome to see maxed.

...Or you know, you could always just get ALL OF THE SKILLS. ALL OF THEM. :P

To do that he'd need to have all the dlc and do a new game plus
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby agoraoptera on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:20 am

Update where not much happens except turning in the quest but I level up twice! Put a point into Teleport Slash and another into Immolation, because I'm sure you guys will appreciate explosions with Teleport Slashes :D Also, we learnt that the skill trees can stack, that putting points into one unlocks the second tiers on both. (Also, I learnt that Fjord is pronounced Fee yord)

We ought to be able to whop Thane's butt after we finish the next leg of the quest, next time we get home to Tristone!

Do you guys want me to equip that lower attack damage claw that can lifesteal on criticals, or shall I feed it to the Glaive?

Loot update: Got a fancy Defense and Resistance Talisman, as well as Redemption, Strife's gun. Strife being one of the other Horsemen, of course. His other gun, Mercy, was in Darksiders. I wonder what kind of responsible Horseman he is, losing BOTH guns at the same time, since Darksiders 1 and 2 are concurrent..

agoraoptera

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:11 pm

The Thane fight just seems like a "Can you dodge everything he throws at you" fight. If you can, you can probably beat him from the moment you arrive. You pretty much had his attack pattern down this time around, you just got greedy when he paused and shouted as he hit about 1/3 HP. In fact, the 180 degree downward strike he did right after his shout was what got you both times.

The other thing I learned about the Thane fight is that he didn't have to take you all the way down for the fight to end, which implies that you may only have to get him a little bit farther than you were in this video to win as well. So you are likely REEEEAAAAALLY close already.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 pm

WE DEFEATED THANE GUYS. I mean, there was a lot of nonsense involved before beating Thane, involving the Drenchfort and bombs. Anyhoo, we beat Thane and unlocked Reaper Form and leveled up twice and found two new Possessed Weapons. Thane gave us a bunch of people to kill before he'll consider us the "True Reaper". Death, being prideful and idiotic, agreed. Also, we got a Maker's Key that will let us awaken constructs. Fun for the family.

So, yes. Two Possessed Axes were found. They deal significantly better damage than the Possessed Glaive. We also got a fancy Masher of Karkinos, which we can't use yet. Fun. Tell me which weapons to feed to which, and where to dump my two new skill points.

agoraoptera

Return to Metaguard Projects