REDUX: Make a Metaguard out of You - SIGNING UPS

Be creative! We know you can be <3

REDUX: Make a Metaguard out of You - SIGNING UPS

Postby Scarab on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:32 am

Make a Metaguard Out of You: Redux.

New Information as of Oct 12th 2013.

Below is a list of everyone who wants to sign up and sing. The list is divided into two: the people who participated in the original song, and the people who didn’t have a chance. The people who did NOT get to participate originally get to go first this time around.
There is the possibility of including some kind of original harmony under the main song, but I dunno if we can make that work. It’s worth looking into though, as it would mean more and more people could have lines without it sounding too crowded, and we’d be able to use the harmonies to make sure the song sounds more consistent.

I also think it‘d be fun to take suggestions for one of those little frameworks around the song, as we did in the previous one (you know, where Mimsy started trying to make references), but as Qara said below: this MIGHT be more fun if we just ad libbed it.

New Participants
  • EndlessSea
  • GenndyCOG
  • IslaKariese
  • JackAlsworth
  • Sophira
  • SOS
  • SpiritfChaos
  • Victin

Previous Participants from original song
  • Adell
  • AMimsyBorogove
  • Eli Gone Crazy
  • Guyshane
  • Krika
  • NarrativeDilettante
  • Qara Xuan Zeniith
  • Rotavator
  • Scarab
  • Sicon112
  • Tohrinha

Original Post Content wrote:...Is that what you call redo’s of things? Redux? I don’t even know.

So as many of us have expressed interest in this, and the lovely Sophira has offered to help us out (she's our audio genius and my skills at using audacity still don’t go much beyond ‘put this sound on top of this sound and shift stuff around’), then I guess we’re gonna try it. Make a Metaguard out Of You: The Remake!

• The song will probably take the same Format as the previous version, but we’ll hopefully be able to include more people doing the lines, perhaps people harmonizing and stuff. The only people we had harmonizing in the original were Sicon and Mimsy and, uh... Sicon and Mr A :P
  • Want to take part? Add your names here. Newcomers who did not take part in the previous song will be placed at the front of the queue and given priority over previous participants
  • Any idea for introductory discussions? I thought the little chat that happened before the last song started was a nice touch.
  • Would anyone prefer the song to be in a DIFFERENT genre? Maybe we could use a rock version, or something?
Once we’ve gone through the newcomers and returned to the people who sang last time, I will be asking those people to record again. I’m sure I have the original recordings somewhere but if this is a redux, then that means doing new stuff, right? Sooo yeah, ready your vocal chords people.

Notes:

When recording, please do not lower or increase the pitch of the song via software. This will make it tougher for Sophira and I to edit. If it is possible then please sing along TO the music of the song. Use headphones, so we can’t hear the BG music.

Any questions?
Last edited by Scarab on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: REDUX: Make a Metaguard out of You.

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 am

What might be helpful is if you or someone else who is good at this posted a sound file of you singing with the background music. What Mimsy and I did was open the file in audacity, then tell it to record on a different track so that every time we hit record, your version played in the background. Once we had our track as good as it was going to get, we deleted the first track, leaving us with a clean recording of us singing. Don't know if other people want to try that, but if you do, you know how now. :)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:26 am

I'm always up for rerecording if there's room.

(Also I think the intro conversation we had last time was adlibbed, making it more crazy/fun than if it had been scripted. Maybe we should just see where the craziness takes us this time around? :lol: )
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:28 pm

I may not be able to record for a little while, but since I was in the original I guess I wouldn't be recording for a little while anyway. But I'm up for it when I get the chance/there is call for me to do so.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:55 pm

I'd definitely be up for recording again! I really think I can do much better than I did last time, so I'd like to give it a try!

Also, definitely agreeing with the ad-libbed intro. That worked really well last time, so I'm thinking that we should go for it again.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Guyshane on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:37 pm

I'll record again.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Victin on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:51 pm

As I said, I'm in to record something. Wish me luck, I guess?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:54 pm

I will gladly join in again.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Well, if everyone else is so eager to humiliate themselves a second time, I might as well join in for once. :|
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Tohrinha on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I'd be up for recording again.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Me. Me. Definitely me. I'm totally on board with this.
JackAlsworth

Postby Krika on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:26 pm

I'd be up for it, and I have a better microphone available (probably), so that's well and good!
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm on board - just lemme know when, cause I've got a s***load of schoolwork to muck and I'll need to find time to record my voice and do it well, which is harder than it seems when your mornings start at 8 and your evenings end at 3. AM.

...Don't mind me, I just hate History and Psychology at the moment. Feel free to ignore all of the above.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby SpiritfChaos on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm up for it.
I'm just a guy who wants to help save the world.
SpiritfChaos

Postby Sophira on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 pm

As you know, I'm up for editing! I may even be up for singing, but I'd prefer everyone else to get first shot at it, since I wasn't a Metaguard. :D So if there are still slots available after everyone else has had a chance, I'll try it. :)

(Please be warned that my singing is not very good. Of course, I will be tuning myself as well if I do this!)
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:46 am

As I said, I'm in too :P
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Scarab on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:40 am

Sophira wrote:As you know, I'm up for editing! I may even be up for singing, but I'd prefer everyone else to get first shot at it, since I wasn't a Metaguard. :D So if there are still slots available after everyone else has had a chance, I'll try it. :)

(Please be warned that my singing is not very good. Of course, I will be tuning myself as well if I do this!)

(It's cool, you pretty much HAVE to do it now you've said it, I'm gonna put a no-backing-out clause in the first post :P)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Insies.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Sophira on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm not sure if people are wanting me (as the audio editor) to organise this or if Scarab is doing it, but I'm really not very good at organising things. If somebody else could do the organising and pass any recordings to me, that'd be much better for me!
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Sophira wrote:I'm not sure if people are wanting me (as the audio editor) to organise this or if Scarab is doing it, but I'm really not very good at organising things. If somebody else could do the organising and pass any recordings to me, that'd be much better for me!

I love how everyone just assumes I'm good at organizing things XD Oh well... ONWARDS, TO PLANNING! (In other words I am happy to do that again, Soph, don't worry about it. :) Anyone who wants to help me out though this would be gratefully accepted.)

Okay anyway this is me, officially opening up the call list. All the people who agree to take part will now officially be listed in the FIRST post of this entry, as soon as I get everyone written up into a nice list or two. I'm going to make a separate list of all the people who took part in the previous one to make sure the newcomers get in first.

I would also take this opportunity to ask if you guys would like to mix this up a little bit. Remix, maybe? Throw some different background lyrics in? We might be able to get MORE signers involved at once more fluidly if we can have some harmonizers going on. This is me, pretending I know what I'm talking about now.
Scarab

Re: REDUX: Make a Metaguard out of You - SIGNING UPS

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:00 pm

The first post has been edited to include the new sign up information. Sign ups will continue until... well until we think we can’t get anymore sign ups, basically.

I’m going to rerecord a new version of the song myself so everyone can have something to work from that sounds the same, since the original video has gone from youtube now, but I still have the karaoke song I used to do it in the first place.
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm not on the list :cry:
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:21 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:I'm not on the list :cry:

Oops, sorry. You are now, Jack, thanks for pushing up the relevant information :P
Scarab

Postby Victin on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Scarab wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:I'm not on the list :cry:

Oops, sorry. You are now, Jack, thanks for pushing up the relevant information :P

Neither am I :cry:
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm prepared to sing, but I also have a bit of an idea floating around in my head on my own. I want it to be a surprise, so that no one will be disappointed if it goes down in flames and everyone would be excited if it doesn't. In the meantime, though, put me down for singing. :D
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Next

Return to Metaguard Projects