Metaguard Halloween (Scream) Stream

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Metaguard Halloween (Scream) Stream

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Metaguard Halloween (Scream) Streams

I apologise for the pun, but really, you all had it coming.

I thought it'd be nice to get a bunch of us together and do some Halloween themed livestreams in October. I don't know exactly what the plan is, only that:

1) We'll have a few streams of different games throughout the night chosen.
    2) At LEAST one of these should probably be a multiplayer game and...
    3) I figured we could maybe have some little mini-fic writing challenges throughout that particular stage (only if you want to).

But I can't really do this on my own, so I'd appreciate help, guys. Anybody fancy volunteering to stream/play on any of the nights featured in the poll below?

Here is the link to the poll to see who can actually attend. Go to Table View to see the poll and make sure it's set to your time zone! Obviously the IDEAL date (and also the most convenient for most of us schooling/work wise) is Friday afternoon, Oct 31st but I HAVE included an entire week or so's schedule around that just in case other nights are easier.

http://doodle.com/yd5ti43ebana9vfr

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS CONTAINED IN THE POLL DESCRIPTION.

This is for the Metaguard Game Streaming Evening. Anybody who wants to take part, or just show up, please feel free to add your available times to the pole below. This is going to be open for a while to give everyone time to figure out what their schedules are, so no rush!
IF YOU WANT TO STREAM, OR PLAY PLEASE INCLUDE THAT AFTER YOUR NAME, so for example:

Scarab (Streaming)
or
Scarab (Playing, Not Streaming)
or
Scarab (Watch Only)

Have fun :3

NB: Please note: Keep in mind that the date we all call 'Halloween' is actually a traditional event across multiple cultures and religious groups. As such, let's all be respectful about this, especially the streamers. I really don't need to remind you guys to do this, I know, because that's like reminding a goldfish to suck pebbles, but I feel I should mention this all the same because I am a fusspot :P
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: Metaguard Halloween (Scream) Stream

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:24 pm

The Pixel is always watching. Everywhere. All the time. (o)_(o)

That said, I'd probably fill the whole table with "yes, I'll be around" so it's kind of moot in terms of helping pick the best day. That said, unless something unexpected comes up, or I'm hibernating at the time, I'll be in touch. I can't stream anything because of crappy computer and the multiplayer games everyone plays my laptop can't handle, so yeah, I'll just be watching and chatting, most likely. :)
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Anura on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Hmm... The only kinda-relevant thing I have is The Binding of Isaac. Oh and Amnesia, which would mostly be a blind run actually...
Anura

Postby Krika on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:46 pm

I will be around, but I don't know what my schedule will be like then at the moment, so I won't be able to fill out the survey properly. But I'll be around, and I'd like to take part (whether in a multiplayer game, or with my own stream).
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:50 pm

Right, I don't think I have any commitments, but I don't wanna make promises, so I'm just gonna fill out "probably" for everything.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Would if I could, but alas, the might of the theatre has clogged up most of my schedule.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:01 pm

I'll think about it. Video game streams aren't really my thing, but I do like the idea of doing something Halloweeny with/for you all.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Can I do a mini-fic?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Tohrinha on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 pm

I have no multiplayer games but Minecraft, if we were to do an adventure map, but I'll be around to chat/watch/fic/elephants. :-)
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:44 am

We should totally make a gigantic gestalt Skype chatroom and blabber at each other through the internet all day. Gaming with Sicon and Mimsy has been my sole source of social interaction for most of the year, and I'm starting to think it's taking a toll on my sanity; it'd be nice to hear some other voices. :P
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Guyshane on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:38 am

Well I might be able to get my hands on one of the Dead Space games and give you guys a bit of a run through of what horror games where you can fight back are like for those who are highly genre savvy.

Of course that would still depend on my work schedule and if I could figure out a way to stream footage from my PS3.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:19 am

I have both Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Machine of Pigs, I also have L4D2 ans Binding of Isaac, and if I'm not working (which i won't know until about a week before Halloween), I am totally game :)
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:02 am

I am excited everyone wants to get involved, if you have time to fill out the doodle-docthat'd be great guys (hopefully we can get Friday 31st that'd be awesome) ^_^

When I get in from work today, I'll make a list of everyone who wants to stream and the games they would like to play, since I think some people want to do the same games, we'll figure it out once we know what everyone wants.

narrativedilettante wrote:I'll think about it. Video game streams aren't really my thing, but I do like the idea of doing something Halloweeny with/for you all.

Dilly, I would love it if we could have some non-videogame features for you. Anything you'd suggest?

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Can I do a mini-fic?

Yes :P
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:27 am

Scarab wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:I'll think about it. Video game streams aren't really my thing, but I do like the idea of doing something Halloweeny with/for you all.

Dilly, I would love it if we could have some non-videogame features for you. Anything you'd suggest?

I could do a reading of selected works of Edgar Allen Poe. :twisted:
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:56 am

narrativedilettante wrote:I could do a reading of selected works of Edgar Allen Poe. :twisted:

The Pixel approves of this idea. :twisted:
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Blurred_9L on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:54 pm

I'll be watching or something :P Friday is the only non-weekend day that I get to be home early :P
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:28 pm

This is definitely a good way to get together. :D

I will try to attend whenever you do, but you should know that the earliest time interval on Doodle for me is half past midnight. So yeah. Of course, I'll be able to stay up later on Friday and Saturday (with all the sweet, sweet sleep after), but that also means that I might be muted, depending on whether or not people around will be sleeping. Talking at 3:00 AM is definitely out of the question. :( And I probably won't be attending several nights in a row, especially not on the workdays - that would be overkill.

I don't really want to stream, either, for several reasons:
  1. I have never done it before, and getting the technical details right will take me a while, and I'm so, so lazy lately. :roll:
  2. Since I'm in a faraway country with internet delivered by carrier pigeons, latency will probably be a problem.
  3. I don't really have anything too play that's emotional enough to elicit a response from me, and I've never tried playing for public, so it will be awkward and boring even if I don't do my usual pokerface. :|
That said, I might change my mind if the third problem is addressed well enough. Just don't bet on that. :oops:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:37 pm

So, so far we have the following people down specifically TO STREAM (you're welcome to use Twitch, Livetsream or whatever works for you. I'll be using Livestream myself because it has anti-lag and it's the only thing I can get to work.)
All streamers, if you could fill in the timetable as soon as you know (no rush), that'd rock.
(NB: if I multiplay myself I MAY choose to record whatever we play, rather than Stream as my capabilities are naff, anyone with objections to being in a recording, let me know, I'd rather people enjoy streams and not have to worry about me effing around with software.)

• Anura (Binding of Isaac, Amnesia)
  • Eli Gone Crazy (Amnesia: A Dark Descent, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Endless Sea
  • Guyshane Maybe (Dead Space)
  • Narrative Dilettante (prepare for some Edgar Allen Poe!)
  • Scarab (Torchlight 2, DarkFall 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead 2)

This leaves us with the following possible single player games
  • Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Binding of Isaac
  • Dark Fall 1 & 2
  • Dead Space Maybe

And the following multiplayer games.
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Minecraft (Hypixel or Hive server specifically)
  • Torchlight 2 (specific level)

I'm still adding to the list so feel free to continue and remember it doesn't HAVE to be a videogame if you really don't want to.
Scarab

Postby Anura on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:53 pm

I would have to get my hands on a mic and anything else I would need in order to stream stuff.

As for the multiplayer stuff, Minecraft is the only one on that list that I actually have.
Anura

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:27 pm

I'll tag along on Torchlight whenever anyone else wants to play. If I do my own stuff, it'll probably be Warframe or SDGO with Mimsy and/or Sicon and little to no warning. :P
Endless Sea

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:12 pm

there's two new DLC's for Dark Souls 2 I need to play through. I highly doubt I can get through one of them in a single stream, but I think that's a pretty good choice for me to stream. Not exactly a horror game, but the mechanics make it far more tense for me to play then regular ole jump scare games.

I could also get like the free version of slender or whatever, if people would rather me play an actual horror game, but eeeeeeh *snore*

I'd also be willing to play left4Dead or Torchlight but will gladly bow-out if other people would rather do that
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:01 pm

I have a copy of Left 4 Dead 2, so I could probably join in for that, but I don't actually know how to go multiplayer because I've never done that before.

Also my total play time on that game, according to Steam, is 8 minutes, so I probably wouldn't be much use to anyone regardless.

I could probably join in for Minecraft, too. The only server I've ever played on was Dryunya's, so I might require some instructions for how to join, but unlike Left 4 Dead 2 I actually have spent some time playing Minecraft and have even done multiplayer, so I wouldn't be as hopelessly lost.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:13 pm

If we can get 6-8 people to play left4dead2 we can play versus and try to murder each other :D
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:56 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:If we can get 6-8 people to play left4dead2 we can play versus and try to murder each other :D

APPROVED.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Okay list updated to take into account the fact Anura is a 'maybe' (Maybe's are now indicated in Red) and to add Adell to the list

• Adell: Dark Souls 2 (Expansions)
  • Anura (Binding of Isaac, Amnesia)
  • Eli Gone Crazy (Amnesia: A Dark Descent, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Endless Sea
  • Guyshane Maybe (Dead Space)
  • Narrative Dilettante (prepare for some Edgar Allen Poe!)
  • Scarab (Torchlight 2, DarkFall 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead 2)

This leaves us with the following possible single player games

• Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Binding of Isaac
  • Dark Fall 1 & 2
  • Dark Souls 2 (Expansions)
  • Dead Space Maybe

And the following multiplayer games.

• Left 4 Dead 2
  • Minecraft (Hypixel or Hive server specifically)
  • Torchlight 2 (specific level)

Obviously, we can't play EVERYONE'S games in one night. I'm thinking the logical thing might be to give everyone an hour or so, but that might not necessarily be enough time for certain single player games (I can't see even Adell getting far in Dark Souls 2 in an hour for example), but that would allow more people to be fit in. So new questions for you all:

• How long do you think the average person's stream session should be (or should you be able to choose)
  • Anybody want to drop out now?
  • Anybody specifically for... MINECRAFT HYPIXEL, LEFT4DEAD 2, or TORCHLIGHT, MULTIPLAYER? (PLASE MENTION BELOW, I'm MAKING A LIST.)
  • Of the above list, who would be willing to be the STREAMER for whichever particular game? (NB: we can have more than one Streamer but keep in mind our audience will be, like... six at best 8-P)
  • Anybody wanna help me um... organize this thing? Becaise I am easily confused and prone to getting stressed
Scarab

Next

Return to Metaguard Projects