Metaguard Halloween (Scream) Stream

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Re: Metaguard Halloween (Scream) Stream

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:10 pm

I can play Torchlight 2 with y'all if we end up going with that. Also, if I manage to poke Mimsy and Sicon enough, we might be able to show off our mad Warframe skillz, possibly with Dryu tagging along. Maybe even some SDGO, if I can figure out how to stream that.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:11 pm

I'd be up for any of those multiplayer games you mentioned.
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Endless Sea wrote:I can play Torchlight 2 with y'all if we end up going with that. Also, if I manage to poke Mimsy and Sicon enough, we might be able to show off our mad Warframe skillz, possibly with Dryu tagging along. Maybe even some SDGO, if I can figure out how to stream that.

Okay, is Warframe considered a horror game? Because you know, we kinda have a theme going here... :P
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Weeeeell we could always fight the space zombie infestation... And we could MAKE it creepy on purpose...

SDGO isn't a horror game though. It would just result in you guys laughing at us as we all explode. As for me streaming, hell with it, I'm in. Anyone have requests for me? Take a look at my steam library and let me know if any of that interests you, I suppose, since I'm not really sure what to stream. I can't get any games I do not own ATM because my miserly nature won't let me spend more than I already have this month on games, but I will at least dive in to some of the multiplayer sessions and induce shenanigans.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Blurred_9L on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 pm

I can play torchlight 2 or left 4 dead 2, if there's enough space. I'm probably terrible at both games anyway... :p

... and my computer might overheat with L4D2, so don't rely too much on me for that :|
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:12 pm

I think it would be reasonable to keep it to an hour for most streams, with a few exceptions for people who think they'll need longer.

And perhaps we could spread things out over multiple nights?

I'd be glad to lend a helping hand with organization. :)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:56 pm

I am up for any/all multiplayer pending my work schedule, but my internet is barely strong enough to get online, much less stream, so i leave that to people with better connections.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:28 am

Scarab wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:I can play Torchlight 2 with y'all if we end up going with that. Also, if I manage to poke Mimsy and Sicon enough, we might be able to show off our mad Warframe skillz, possibly with Dryu tagging along. Maybe even some SDGO, if I can figure out how to stream that.

Okay, is Warframe considered a horror game? Because you know, we kinda have a theme going here... :P

Well, I was thinking about hosting a Lephantis run, and that's about as close to horror as the game gets. :P Like Sicon said, it involves space zombies. In this case, really nasty space zombies. :D
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Krika on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm up for Torchlight 2 whenever, just make sure I know ahead of time when it's going to happen.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Guyshane on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Will probably be getting The Evil Within (I had forgotten it was coming out today) so if I can get streaming equipment that's up
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 pm

I wish I could participate, but I have no games, no consoles, no time, and no skills. At all. :?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:58 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I wish I could participate, but I have no games, no consoles, no time, and no skills. At all. :?

The last one isn't a problem though. :3 Even if some of us aren't as good as others, it's still fun to play together or watch each other play as we talk. :D
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I wish I could participate, but I have no games, no consoles, no time, and no skills. At all. :?

Narra isn't playing games. Why not write us some scary stories or something we can read over the stream :3
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

The last one isn't a problem though. :3 Even if some of us aren't as good as others, it's still fun to play together or watch each other play as we talk. :D

True enough, but you haven't seen unskilled until you watch me getting frustrated at the Timeless River level of Kingdom Hearts 2 and failing time and again before realizing that switching my Kingdom Key over to a stronger, more useful model just might be a bit helpful. Oh, and always picking the wand in the beginning despite the fact that I hardly ever use magic, Christ does my brain ever shut off when I sit down in front of a console...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:35 pm

I have no idea about my availability for futuretimes, and also I don't do games, but if I am around and people are interested, I could read a short horror story (or two) of mine? maybe. (they might be more funny than scary because I wrote them in like middle school also.)
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:01 pm

IslaKariese wrote:True enough, but you haven't seen unskilled until you watch me getting frustrated at the Timeless River level of Kingdom Hearts 2 and failing time and again before realizing that switching my Kingdom Key over to a stronger, more useful model just might be a bit helpful. Oh, and always picking the wand in the beginning despite the fact that I hardly ever use magic, Christ does my brain ever shut off when I sit down in front of a console...

Oh my god, the first time I played Kingdom Hearts I didn't even figure out how to change the Keyblade until I'd gotten to, like Bastion.

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I have no idea about my availability for futuretimes, and also I don't do games, but if I am around and people are interested, I could read a short horror story (or two) of mine? maybe. (they might be more funny than scary because I wrote them in like middle school also.)

I am extremely in favor of this idea.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:32 pm

I would do scary stories, but again, time is an issue. This coming weekend will be the first chance I get to really relax without guilt (including now, since I'm supposed to be working on a paper due tomorrow but I've already resigned myself to sticking around this thrice-damned computer lab a good while past midnight seeing as my first class doesn't start until 1; college student does not equal smart, boys and girls). Even then, I have tests and projects waiting for me when I get back, and I may be (mostly) over the first hurdle of my Senior Thesis now, the next six weeks will fly by quick as a cat with its tail on fire, and I guarantee you I'll be caught at least a little flat-footed same as I was this time.

Not to mention writer's block. I've been suffering a rather severe case of writer's block since summer '13. Not. Fun.

Also, Hollow Bastion in which game, cause if it's in the second that's better than me since it's practically the first world you go to, but if it's the first that's pretty bad, since you only get there during the endgame of the story. Though you get extra kudos for making it that far with the Kingdom Key, since that game is probably three times longer than its sequel.
IslaKariese

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:35 am

It was the first game. I am not good at exploring gameplay options, so I pretty much just brute-forced my way through everything until very close to the end when I learned there were CHOICES about combat stuff. =P
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:40 am

narrativedilettante wrote:It was the first game. I am not good at exploring gameplay options, so I pretty much just brute-forced my way through everything until very close to the end when I learned there were CHOICES about combat stuff. =P

I'm no better. Brute force is my go-to as well - I don't use magic, I don't use drives, I don't use items, and I don't use summons. If I had, then maybe I wouldn't have crashed and burned halfway through the game trying to beat what was probably the weakest member of the Organization. I tried so hard not to rage quit, but I was stuck on that same battle for the better part of a month. Clearly, it would take a better gamer than I to withstand that bit of frustration. I had "Dance, water, dance!" stuck in my head for a long time after that.
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:53 am

IslaKariese wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:It was the first game. I am not good at exploring gameplay options, so I pretty much just brute-forced my way through everything until very close to the end when I learned there were CHOICES about combat stuff. =P

I'm no better. Brute force is my go-to as well - I don't use magic, I don't use drives, I don't use items, and I don't use summons. If I had, then maybe I wouldn't have crashed and burned halfway through the game trying to beat what was probably the weakest member of the Organization. I tried so hard not to rage quit, but I was stuck on that same battle for the better part of a month. Clearly, it would take a better gamer than I to withstand that bit of frustration. I had "Dance, water, dance!" stuck in my head for a long time after that.

Even if you don't brute force it that fight is annoying as all hell. If anyone qualifies for That One Boss in KH2 is Demruyx and his stupid Sitar
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Sophira on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:06 am

I might be interested!

I haven't actually done any game streaming before, so I'd probably be hopeless at commentating, but I could possibly try streaming something else. I'm not sure what, though.

A suggestion: Rather than use Skype, we could use Mumble instead. A lot of people use it for gaming, and I no longer use Skype.

What do you think?
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:59 am

Or we could use Dolby Axon-- that way most of us don't need to download new software, because a lot of us have that (and our private room set up) from when we used it near the end of TWWF?
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sophira on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:03 pm

I think I have an idea on what I could stream, but I don't know how many people will be interested.

It's an ongoing project of mine at the moment to convert the entire soundtrack of the original Chrono Trigger to MIDI format, with a focus on accuracy. Now, there are certainly a lot of MIDI conversions of the Chrono Trigger soundtrack out there, but I'm taking it one step further - I'm aiming to replicate every tune note-for-note from the .SPC dumps (with very minor edits in places to make it a little more listenable in MIDI format), and I'm also replicating the SNES' "echo" effect (which I personally feel is really important for some of these songs).

I started this project exactly a week ago, and so far I've done 12 tunes out of 69 total. (I'm not doing three of the variants included in the .RSN archive I'm using, which was dumped and tagged by "YK".) I've uploaded a conversion I did last night of the tune "Robo Gang Johnny" so that you can hear how my works sounds for yourself. (MIDI file; MP3 version of MIDI file rendered using the S-YXG2006LE VSTi; how the finished tune looks in my MIDI editor of choice, Cakewalk Professional 6.0). This is the tune that plays when you meet Johnny in the future, when he offers you a race to the end of a tunnel via bikes.

I'm thinking I could stream myself converting "Bike Chase", which is the tune that plays when you accept Johnny's offer, and you race Johnny on a pseudo-3D racetrack reminiscent of F-Zero. It's a technically simple tune, which means that it shouldn't take nearly as long to make it as some of the tunes so far have - meaning more time to talk about what it is I'm actually doing.

Would this be something that would interest people?

[edit: I just remembered this event was supposed to be Halloween-themed, which I realise this isn't. I'm not sure if I'm up for doing tunes like Confusing Melody and so on on a stream, though - they're quite difficult to replicate properly with the moaning in the background and so on, and the bits that are easy to replicate properly are probably too easy. If anybody has any ideas for a tune that might be suitable, let me know.]

[edit 2: I just put ID3 tags on the MP3; I'd been meaning to do that but forgot. If you downloaded it before this edit, please download it again.]
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Anura on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Eventually, I took the easy route with Demyx. Gamefaqs told me to use Donald's Comet Limit to kill them all quickly, and it worked. But I made pretty extensive use of Drives, since they make me brute force even harder, and gave me mobility abilities that made me move faster. Anyone who hasn't gone completely to town on a huge crowd of mobs in Final Form hasn't truly experienced the game, IMO. I didn't use summons because it ate up the same gauge I used for Drives, and mostly didn't bother with magic outside of Cure (and occasionally Thunder to finish off bosses quickly).

I must have been doing something right, considering I cleared the game on the highest difficulty setting. Something that I still haven't accomplished with the first game, actually.
Anura

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:07 am

Sophira wrote:Rather than use Skype, we could use Mumble instead. A lot of people use it for gaming, and I no longer use Skype

They still doin' that sucky thing? :/ Anyway Mumble is a possibility, but since we're pretty much all already on Dolby Axon it might be better to stick with that (we generally find the quality is a LOT better than with Skype, too)...

There's really got to be SOME kind of Halloween theme going here, guys :p essentially if what you're doing can be given a Halloween twist, do whatever you want to do, that includes sound mixing and so on. But creepy is pretty much kind of required. So, Endless? That level is fine provided it's actually horror. Torchlight 2, again, would only be very specific levels.

I really like the idea of us mixing in some writing or audio esp. for the people who can't be there, and since Dilly will probably be doing some read outs anyway... Narra, how do you feel about reading out some peoples stuff? We could arrange for writing to be sent directly TO you. How are you with actual streaming )not audio only, using livestream and stuff - you do not actually have to have yourself on screen for that, obviously, although I should point out if anybody WANTS to facecam, that's cool too.)

So anyway if you guys want to help out with organizing, send me a PM or something and I'll try and get a chatroom started up.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to work my way through the muddle of information I have here and figure out exactly who's doing what - I don't want to leave anybody out, and want to keep a good mix of different things throughout the night, and this is proving to be a little tricky to negotiate. Currently listing people who have put themselves down for different stuff.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to Metaguard Projects