Metaguard Halloween (Scream) Stream

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Re: Metaguard Halloween (Scream) Stream

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:44 am

Okay, um... I've figured this out. I think. :?

I know a lot of you are basically saying 'I'm up for anything', which is awesome, but if you can give me some specifics as to exactly what you would enjoy doing the most, it would make my job easier XD As it happens I am attempting to narrow down a list...

POSSIBLE SINGLE PLAYER STREAMS
(Nothing here yet because we have suggestions but haven't decided exactly who's doing what.)

TEAMS FOR MULTIPLAYER STREAMS
(NB: I know there appears to be the same people in most of these streams but that's just cause I don't know for sure who wants to play which game yet so am mostly just listing those who have said a) yes to playing something and b) whom I know have the game in question. I'm sure I've missed a lot of you because I can't get steam to open and check, so lemme know if you're not on a list and should be (or are and shouldn't be).

These are NOT set and guaranteed. We might not have time or have to drop some event or another. If you're already doing a single-person stream, you're more likely to be dropped from a multiplayer one, and vice versa, to fit as many people in as possible.

The possible game streamers are highlighted in green, those the "maybe can't make it's" are in red.)

Left4Dead 2

• Blurred
  • Eli
  • Guyshane
  • Jack Alsworth
  • Scarab

Minecraft Hypixel Multiplayer
  • Adell
  • Eli
  • Jack Alsworth
  • Krika
  • Narrative Dilettante
  • Scarab

Torchlight
  • Adell
  • Blurred
  • Endless
  • Eli
  • Guyshane
  • Jack Alsworth
  • Krika
  • Scarab

Warframe
  • Endless
  • Mimsy
  • Sicon

WRITING READERS
  • Isla Kariese
  • Narrative Dilettante
  • Qara Xuan Zenith
  • Poe

OTHER STUFFERS
  • Sophira
  • Come on, people, be more creative :P

We're currently looking at DEAD ON Halloween night for the actual stream although keeping in mind, streaming over two nights might also be a good idea.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 am

Scarab wrote:Narra, how do you feel about reading out some peoples stuff? We could arrange for writing to be sent directly TO you. How are you with actual streaming )not audio only, using livestream and stuff - you do not actually have to have yourself on screen for that, obviously, although I should point out if anybody WANTS to facecam, that's cool too.)

I'm perfectly willing to read out some stuff that others send in.

I'm also perfectly willing to be on camera and stream what I'm doing, with the caveat that I've never done a livestream (or used any similar service) before, so I'll have to experiment a little to make sure I can do it.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Blurred_9L on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Scarab wrote:Come on, people, be more creative :P

We could try hosting a mafia game over voice chat, we would just need to find a way to adapt the votings and stuffc.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Blurred_9L wrote:
Scarab wrote:Come on, people, be more creative :P

We could try hosting a mafia game over voice chat, we would just need to find a way to adapt the votings and stuffc.

Ooh, that sounds fun!
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Tohrinha on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm up for playing Minecraft. Also, I could take suggestions of Halloween songs and turn them into ominous Latin chanting. (Or slightly less ominous Latin singing. I haven't quite mastered how to sound like a chorus of hooded figures.)

And seconding the Mafia idea. :-)
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Thirding. Also, maybe I might try singing some Pink Floyd or something for the lulz, I dunno.

When is this all taking place, anyways?
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Krika on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:52 pm

I would be willing to be in some L4D2.

Also, having played it again for the first time in a long time, I have remembered why I love Guns of Icarus, so if I can set up streaming I might stream me playing that, though it wouldn't be interesting for you all unless we got some other Metaguards (I know Shane, Mimsy and Sicon have all played) on with me.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:34 am

May I...er...

I don't know what to do, really.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm working Halloween night.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Is Halloween night when we're doing this? I still haven't gotten an answer for that. :/
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Is Halloween night when we're doing this? I still haven't gotten an answer for that. :/

http://doodle.com/yd5ti43ebana9vfr

According to the doodle, the best possible days for everyone who put their times in is either this friday or next friday.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:40 am

31st would be ideal of course, but given a couple of people I've heard who don't yet know specifics (but know they can't do the 31st) we're PROBABLY going to run this across a couple of days.

Going to specify a day for us to chat about this as SOON as Dilly gets back to me on when she can do it, since she's apparently going to be our masterpiece theatre of horror for the night.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:00 pm

I have no idea why I haven't thought of that, but I think The Hidden fits the theme perfectly. And it's free.
This could work too, but it's surprisingly expensive. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Well, I hope we get concrete dates soon, because I need to let my boss know so I can get a few hours off on the evenings.
Endless Sea

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Well, I hope we get concrete dates soon, because I need to let my boss know so I can get a few hours off on the evenings.

I can't say 100 concrete because not everone has times established yet, but I think it's probably going to be the 30th and the 31st since some people can only make one or the other.

Also Dilly and I will be in the regular Metaguard chatroom between 7-8 pm GMT Tomorrow (Wednesday 22nd Oct) (your own times may vary) if anybody wants to show up and help out with planning. This will also be your chance to put another request in for when/where you want to stream and who you want to stream with while we're actually organizing it.

If there's any reason why this isn't going to be doable in the existing chatroom, please let me know and we'll find another place. otherwise, see anybody who wants to help out tomorrow.
Scarab

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:58 am

I may or may not have work around that time. :|
Endless Sea

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Okay so here is the ROUGH time table for the Halloween Scream Stream Weekend (okay it really doesn't roll off the tongue, does it?)

These are not set in stone, and there are a couple requirements.

• This table is subject to change and can be found in it's raw format here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17F7 ... 2JF44/edit
  • Let me know if you can't do your stream in advance.
  • All multiplayer stream groups please LET ME KNOW who is the Designated Streamer for your group via the PMs. Everyone else can drink as much as they like (if you're a single player gamer...well it's pretty obvious who's going to be steaming, isn't it?)
  • If you wish to read WITH DILLY in her Livestream, please contact HER via twitter or the forum PMs, (Dilly will then contact me, or add it to the google doc herself.)
  • In the same key, If there's something you would like to give Dilly for her to read on stream, send it to her via PM. (please include APPROPRIATE WARNINGS WITH YOUR CONTENT.)

For those wondering, the current plan is that the link to the NEXT streamer's channel shall be posted by the current streamer as their event ends. So when Dilly's audio stream ends at 12:30 pm, she'll link to Eli's stream channel.
Scarab

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:58 pm

If Warframe ends up being a thing, I'll probably be the streamer. That said, apparently I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for next Thursday and nobody informed me until now, so I'll be absent for the first few hours of the October 30 streamathon.
Endless Sea

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:44 am

Endless Sea wrote:If Warframe ends up being a thing, I'll probably be the streamer. That said, apparently I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for next Thursday and nobody informed me until now, so I'll be absent for the first few hours of the October 30 streamathon.

Message me these things PM or edit the document yourself, guys, lets try not to push the timetable too far up the thread.
Scarab

Postby Sophira on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Sorry for the lateness here - I think you are going to have to replace my slot with Jack, because it is rather too early for me and I also still don't entirely know what I'd do. Sorry. :(

[edit: Sorry, didn't see the exhortation not to reply. :(]
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:00 am

Sophira wrote:Sorry for the lateness here - I think you are going to have to replace my slot with Jack, because it is rather too early for me and I also still don't entirely know what I'd do. Sorry.
[edit: Sorry, didn't see the exhortation not to reply. ]

Tsk, what are we going to do with you? :P

No, seriously, sorry we couldn't fit you in Soph :( and sorry to everyone else I haven't factored in either, I have NO idea where Mimsy, Sicon and Endless's shift even WENT, I was sure I factored them in a slot for Warframe. Still I managed to squeeze them in at the end of Thursday Night. Managing this stuff with a lot of people who are primarily gamers is HARD.

Anyway I'm about to post the redone timetable with edits.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:03 am

Okay here's the redone timetable, with as many people factored in as possible. If you're okay with streaming LATER than what is listed here, then feel free to contact me and ask to have an additional slot added later in the night, as that's... pretty much the only place I can factor in. Any earlier and it's going to mess with people's school/college schedules.

Also I need people to contact me with WHO on their team is doing the streaming and where, if at all possible.

Contact DILLY if you'd like to join in with her Audio Stream.
Scarab

Postby Anura on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:28 am

Question: What's hypixel? I have minecraft and I'd like to join if you're doing a multiplayer session, but...
Anura

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Hypixel's a specialized server in vanilla Minecraft that's based around multiplayer games and co-op adventures. One of us can give you the server details if you're interested.
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Okay so as it stands THIS is the final shift with one slot remaining free.

I must note people still HAVE NOT contacted me to indicate who in their group will be doing the streaming and that's kinda important so people know where to go. The way it works is the current stream includes links to next stream in their chat, but I would also like to be able to have a list of the streams and correct locations to leave here. so people can use it as quick reference.

So get with your groups and ask them who is willing to stream and then get back to me.

Like, by this time tomorrow at the latest would be good.

Yes that is a free slot at 2:30 my time, no I will not be awake figure it out yourselves :P
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to Metaguard Projects