Christmas Gifts for Metaguards 2014

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Christmas Gifts for Metaguards 2014

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Okay, so here's the deal guys

I have had a manic time of it at work, what with the holiday season being so hectic. It is now far too late for me to do you all your traditional Christmas drawings and make sure they're received in time for Christmas. I apologise for this, guys :(.
However, I plan to make it up to you. And since there are a few things I'd like to practise drawing, your drawings this year are going to come with a theme.

That theme is going to be tools and weapons.

Here are the requirements.
  • You can select either a specific tool for a specific job - like a Sewing Kit for example, or a Quill (I know a lot of us are pacifists and would rather not have such dicey things) - or a weapon. You can also pick a shield.
  • You may pick a traditional weapon or a modern one, but the point is it has to be something that is used as a weapon. I'll accept Zombie apocalypse style improvised weapons such as crowbars, fireman's axes, and chainsaws (although I'd rather you not ask for a chainsaw because how the fudge does anybody draw those things?)
  • The only requirement, is it has to be something small enough to be wielded by a single person
  • No graphic violence or other nasty things. I know I'm drawing Weapons here, but... let's think Kingdom Hearts style violence rather than the Walking Dead, okay?
  • You can tell me all about the kind of stuff you'd like your weapon to feature - magical type weapons are absolutely cool (preferable, in fact, I can have more fun with them) so feel free to ask for staves, magic wands, or heck, even enchanted dreamcatchers. Sky's the limit guys.
  • Before anybody asks, yes, this does include Keyblades...
  • Please don't all ask for Keyblades XD
  • I'm going to try and make everyone's weapon/tool unique, so while swords and stuff are cool, try and be original and think of something else if you can ;)
  • if you're having trouble here are some links for various types of weapons you could select. it's best to choose something personal to you: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?q ... on+designs

Obviously, the odds of these all being done by Christmas, of even new years, is extremely remote. But at the very least I hope to have sketches to you all by February! Consider them belated Xmas gifts.

Let me know here if you'd like to be included, and I'll make a list below.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: Christmas Gifts for Metaguards 2014

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Reserved for Scarab's list.

• Endless - Blade, looks high tech? I dunno, details, man :P
  • Guyshane - The infamous keyblade request
  • Pixel - Fountain Pen
  • Krika- Runemarked cardboard tube or duel disc.
  • Tohrinha - Candlestick
  • Blurred - Screwdriver
  • Eli - Dreamcatcher
  • Adell - Boxing Gloves
  • Genndy - Hammer, axe, or zester
  • Swiss Army Knife
  • Jack - Drumsticks
  • Dilly - Chisel
  • Rotavator - Morningstar/Torch Hybrid
  • Pyro - Stave.
Last edited by Scarab on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:32 pm

:D
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Guyshane on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Well I for one am asking for a Keyblade XP
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:48 pm

A fountain pen. And, if possible, with a belt / pouch with test tube style vials of inks. ^_^

How would that work? Spellwriting. Both the ink type and what is written combine to do magicstuffs.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Krika on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:08 pm

I think I will go with a runemarked cardboard tube. (tube being this size approxmately, maybe more like staff length?)

EDIT: Or a Duel DIsk, also runemarked. I like these three designs particularly, if that helps. I guess it's kinda a complicated drawing thing, but it's another option if a cylindrical tube is a bit too simplistic (not that it's a bad thing by any means, but you know what I mean I hope I think maybe?).
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Tohrinha on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Tohrinha, on the internet, with a candlestick.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Blurred_9L on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Hmmm...

I'll go with a screwdiver :|
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:08 pm

uhm, you don't have to draw anything if the line gets too long, but I guess maybe a drawing of me using.. uh... I dunno :oops:

I guess I'll do somet thinking and get back to you.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Adell on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Boxing Gloves :shock:

If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Honestly, I think I'll go with either a hammer, a two-handed axe, or a zester. Whichever you find best. Take all the time you so need/desire.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:09 pm

I don't know what to ask for, so I'll ask for a magical swiss army knife, because it has a little of everything @_@ Maybe some unpractical, or impossible, or even silly things coming out of it.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:21 pm

I really wanted to ask for turntables, but I think that violates the "small enough to be used as a weapon by one person," so I'll ask for drumsticks.
JackAlsworth

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:29 pm

I've been thinking about this, and have decided to go with a chisel.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:10 am

THIS is the reason I keep coming back, man! Holy shit awesome weapons!

I'll have one morning star/torch hybrid weapon please. Oh, and a cookie. Just tell me if you need more specific info.

Tohrinha wrote:Tohrinha, on the internet, with a candlestick.

You sunk my battleship ;)
RotavatoR

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:12 am

Er...um...er...uh...hmmm...

I have enough guns already. So...

Can I have a flaming stave? Like Gandalf's staff. But on fire. I've always been partial to wizards, anyway.

It can also be used for lighting campfires, as a light and heat source, etc.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Scarab on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:57 am

Okay, updated the list with everyone I have so far. You are still free to add to it, guys!
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:35 pm

I haven't commented because I have no idea what I want, so I'm just gonna throw either a set of bow and arrows or a halberd. With a moon or nighttime theme. *shrugs heavily*
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:54 am

IslaKariese wrote:I haven't commented because I have no idea what I want, so I'm just gonna throw either a set of bow and arrows or a halberd. With a moon or nighttime theme. *shrugs heavily*

Violin not an option? :)
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Scarab wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:I haven't commented because I have no idea what I want, so I'm just gonna throw either a set of bow and arrows or a halberd. With a moon or nighttime theme. *shrugs heavily*

Violin not an option? :)

Well, if you can figure out how to weaponize a violin, I sure as sugar won't object. ;)
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:45 pm

I picked a stave because I know from personal experience that Scarab really isn't comfortable drawing guns. Also, the lasso can be used like Indiana Jones's whip, but sometimes you need a slightly better melee weapon.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm

My eternally predictable katana request comes to the surprise of no one, but how about adding some really cool magic special effects/design elements to mix things up a little? ^_^ I don't really mind what you do, just that magic colours either be blue themed or red/red and black. Well, I would mind if you made it silly and impractical as a weapon. I have a pet peeve about cheap display swords you can get that have all sorts of wacky designs with holes in the middle of the blade for no reason and things like that.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Return to Metaguard Projects