The facing of grammar.

Be creative! We know you can be <3

The facing of grammar.

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Or, Pixel's misadventures in the realm of studying English. Yeap.

So, this is not exactly a traditional project, but I thought it might be interesting to post about it. Partly to share something that's going on in my life that I'm happy about, partly to ask for a little bit of help in case I need it.

You see, I haven't mentioned it very openly so far, but turns out I have landed a job. More or less. I am now an English Teacher in training. Took an exam to show what I know of the language and the people from the school liked my results - with the caveat that I have no experience and, frankly, not a clue how teach in a classroom environment. So, they offered to train me in the ways of teacher-fu; and I accepted the offer.

Along the process I also have a class, which is more of a prep group than an actual class, for this thing called Cambridge English: First, to be taken in December. Which serves double duty to both get me in touch with formal grammar and, assuming I'm approved, grants me an actual formal certification in English; something I'll need to have in order to qualify for proper hiring, considering I never took classes nor live overseas.

Like I said, those are developments that I like. And as for help, well... Grammar? Rules? Regulations? For ME?! Are those edible? :lol:
So, basically I might post here about stuff I stumble upon that I find interesting or puzzling. But what's probably the biggest help I could get would be to simply chat around as usual, only in voice chat instead of text so I get practice talking. So, uhm, yeah. @_@
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Re: The facing of grammar.

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:24 pm

*SCREECHES HAPPILY*
eli_gone_crazy

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Congratulations!

Is that old voice chat that we used during the arg still set accessible? I could join in but I'd have to install the program again...
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:29 pm

It is indeed! Me and the broteam use it all the time when we need to coordinate tactical strikes on extraterrestrial posthuman military compounds.

...it's a gaming thing.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Return to Metaguard Projects