Eye of the troper

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Eye of the troper

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAry6WgUuE

(credit goes to Scarab for starting this, I kind of just went off on a tangent afterwards lol)


Rising up, back on the site
Got my muse, got my sodaaa
Caught up on the forum
Now I'm back up to speed
Just a troper, and his will to contrive...

So many posts, it happens too fast
You lose your patience, and worry
Don't lose your grip on the tropes of the past
You must write just to allow them to thriiiiive.


It's the eye of the troper
It's the thrill of the dork
Rising up to the challenge of Medusa
And the last standing troper
Writes their words on the Wall
And will keep us from seeing the eyyyyes
of Medusa.



Face to face, missing the [beat]
typin' rough, gettin' hungry
They stack the odds
Still we take to the forums
For the kill with the skill to contriiiiiive.


It's the eye of the troper
It's the thrill of the dork
Rising up to the challenge of Medusa
And the last standing troper
Writes their words on the Wall
And will keep us from seeing the eyyyyes
of Medusa.


writin' up, straight to the top
by the nuts, it's kind of gory.
Went the distance
Now I'm not gonna stop
Just a troper and his will to contriveeeeee!

It's the eye of the troper
It's the thrill of the dork
Rising up to the challenge of Medusa
And the last standing troper
Writes their words on the Wall
And will keep us from seeing the eyyyyes
of Medusa.


the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa....
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Is there an instrumental version on youtube? We could actually make this.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:40 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Is there an instrumental version on youtube? We could actually make this.


I believe I linked to a karaoke version.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Is there an instrumental version on youtube? We could actually make this.


I believe I linked to a karaoke version.


Well record some vocals on your phone or something.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Adell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAry6WgUuE

It's the eye of the troper
It's the thrill of the dork
Rising up to the challenge of Medusa
And the last standing troper
Writes their words on the Wall
And will keep us from seeing the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa....


*Hands Adell a very small package containing a wooden box, containing a paper bag, containing a small glass bottle, containing a small patch of light*

Here. This is a very tiny portion of my soul. I am giving it to you. Please take good care of it. I don't have much of it left. My bit is in there yay!

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Is there an instrumental version on youtube? We could actually make this.

I believe I linked to a karaoke version.

Okay at some point we have to kareoke this. Yes all of us. En Masse. It MUST happen.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:43 pm

*sheds single tear*

That... was beautiful.
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Scarab wrote:
Adell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAry6WgUuE

It's the eye of the troper
It's the thrill of the dork
Rising up to the challenge of Medusa
And the last standing troper
Writes their words on the Wall
And will keep us from seeing the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa.

the eyyyyes
of Medusa....


*Hands Adell a very small package containing a wooden box, containing a paper bag, containing a small glass bottle, containing a small patch of light*

Here. This is a very tiny portion of my soul. I am giving it to you. Please take good care of it. I don't have much of it left. My bit is in there yay!

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Is there an instrumental version on youtube? We could actually make this.

I believe I linked to a karaoke version.

Okay at some point we have to kareoke this. Yes all of us. En Masse. It MUST happen.

Quick! Sell his soul to Ctulthu in exchange for a karaoke version. Or a sing-along version with all the meta-guards together.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:44 pm

If anyone has some way to record this, I have the software to put it with the instrumental track.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Victin wrote:Quick! Sell his soul to Ctulthu in exchange for a karaoke version. Or a sing-along version with all the meta-guards together.


Sure that's not neccesary I mean it's Eye of the Tiger, it's been Kareoke-d since the days when Kareoke was actually a thing. it's probably EVERYWHERE in Kareoke form.

Thus: THIS WILL HAPPEN :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:45 pm

NeverSlender wrote:If anyone has some way to record this, I have the software to put it with the instrumental track.


I don't have much of a singing voice, but if you guys want to somehow do some sort of group version of the song I'll sing lol.

*Hands Adell a very small package containing a wooden box, containing a paper bag, containing a small glass bottle, containing a small patch of light*

Here. This is a very tiny portion of my soul. I am giving it to you. Please take good care of it. I don't have much of it left. My bit is in there yay!


It was your idea to start with, you get credit as well :3
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:If anyone has some way to record this, I have the software to put it with the instrumental track.


I don't have much of a singing voice, but if you guys want to somehow do some sort of group version of the song I'll sing lol.


I'll join in! (I am one of those people who would never be a singer but I don't think I sound like a wailing cheshire cat either, so...)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Scarab wrote:
Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:If anyone has some way to record this, I have the software to put it with the instrumental track.


I don't have much of a singing voice, but if you guys want to somehow do some sort of group version of the song I'll sing lol.


I'll join in! (I am one of those people who would never be a singer but I don't think I sound like a wailing cheshire cat either, so...)


Yeah, he won't like that. He'll riddle you to death for it.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:48 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Yeah, he won't like that. He'll riddle you to death for it.


He'll have to catch me first.

Join us in song, Slender :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
Yeah, he won't like that. He'll riddle you to death for it.


He'll have to catch me first.

Join us in song, Slender :D


Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
Yeah, he won't like that. He'll riddle you to death for it.


He'll have to catch me first.

Join us in song, Slender :D


Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.


Look, if you can hold a no for that long than you'd be a great singer!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Inukai44 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:If anyone has some way to record this, I have the software to put it with the instrumental track.


I don't have much of a singing voice, but if you guys want to somehow do some sort of group version of the song I'll sing lol.

*Hands Adell a very small package containing a wooden box, containing a paper bag, containing a small glass bottle, containing a small patch of light*

Here. This is a very tiny portion of my soul. I am giving it to you. Please take good care of it. I don't have much of it left. My bit is in there yay!


It was your idea to start with, you get credit as well :3


I don't have a good singing voice eather
Inukai44
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Inukai44 wrote:I don't have a good singing voice eather


Well if we're all singing in one mass group, it won't matter ('sides you might be better than you think) :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Tyltalis on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I might be willing to join in, but my voice isn't all that good at singing. Also, just listened to Google Translate sing this :lol:
Tyltalis
 
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Scarab wrote:
Inukai44 wrote:I don't have a good singing voice eather


Well if we're all singing in one mass group, it won't matter ('sides you might be better than you think) :D


if anyone has any suggestions for lyrical changes I'm open to them 8D, also if anyone has any suggestion for how we could sing as group.

Also, oh my GOD is google translate hilarious singing this. Her saying Thriiiiive is my favorite.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Am I the only one here who loves to sing? And is rather decent at it? Everyone else claims not to have a good voice...

Anyway, I'd record, but I'm not tech savvy - I don't know if my laptop even has the stuff needed.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:12 pm

I suck at singing. But I would join in until you ask me to stop.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:12 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Am I the only one here who loves to sing? And is rather decent at it? Everyone else claims not to have a good voice...

Anyway, I'd record, but I'm not tech savvy - I don't know if my laptop even has the stuff needed.


Well some of us might just be modest. To be honest I just assume I have a terrible singing voice.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Tyltalis on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:16 pm

I also like how she interprets eyyyyes.

IslaKariese wrote:Am I the only one here who loves to sing? And is rather decent at it? Everyone else claims not to have a good voice....

I like to sing, I just do it when I'm alone because my voice is quite bad at it. Well, singing in english anyways.
Tyltalis
 
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Guyshane on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:17 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Am I the only one here who loves to sing? And is rather decent at it? Everyone else claims not to have a good voice...

Anyway, I'd record, but I'm not tech savvy - I don't know if my laptop even has the stuff needed.

I can kind of sing...after a fashion but if we ever record this all of us need to sing it together. Does everyone have a webcam? if not go out and buy one
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
User avatar
Guyshane
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Eye of the troper

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:08 pm

We should do something like those /v/ sings Still Alive where we all sing it and then mod them all together to have us all singing the song at once. It would be hilarious!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Next

Return to Metaguard Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron