Your TvTropes projects

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Re: Your TvTropes projects

Postby screenstorming on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 am

Yeah, it's definitely ambitious. Getting funders to appreciate the idea is key -- a lot of those other things can be found, at least with a good producer. One quick way to get an actor who gets it is act in the show yourself, like Lena Dunham, or the Echo Chamber team. But of course, finding actors that fit your particular set of characters might take a more exhaustive search.

I've been watching a bunch of interviews on Robert McKee's http://storylogue.com -- including with writers, producers, and directors. I've learned a lot... there's a whole interview set on pitching a television show. My own ideas are so flexible and up-in-the-air, though, driving everyone in my life crazy. It's like, how to turn walls of text and conversations into money? Textbook publishers do it, and so few people even read their textbooks! So I think the answer is to create an interactive knowledge game of some kind... maybe I should call it Infodump. :D

In any case, establishing a potential audience is a big part of the challenge for something that breaks new ground. In fact, establishing a viable business model is part of the deal if there isn't a pre-existing path, like pitching to a television network. That's one reason I've been looking at the rapidly changing education market, with so many paths to learning so readily available to so many people. And, with the explosion in the number of things being produced, it takes something special to break through to a large audience, especially a large enough audience to bring in the money to pay for a complex production.

Anyway, this is pretty derailed from "what tvtropes pages do you want to edit," but I guess my tvtropes project is creating some that don't yet exist. :D
screenstorming

Postby JRPictures on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 am

Yes and before we rerail this thread I am going to star in my show too as my Author Avatar named Jon (yeah I know subtle). Finding actors to play my characters will be exhaustive of course.

So far that's it for my tv tropes project though I still have far more to add to the page in coming weeks. I said it was troperiffic.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 am

I edited the Badass- Films- Page.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Badass/Film

I added Rise of the Guardians and the Universal Monsters. Was it good enough? Is there anything I could change?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby BlackWolfe on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:53 am

Seeing this thread reminded me of a page I created a while back that apparently hasn't been touched since.

Now Get Out Of That!
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:36 am

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/W ... tress2Pyro

I did the recent Canadian Fireman theory and Scout's mom theory.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:01 am

I was looking through our TVTropes profiles and decided mine needed a bit of work in terms of adding tropes. Unfortunately, I am less than well versed in tropes that would fit me. Could you guys help? xP

(also, I have the sudden urge to change everything on Sicon's trope page to first person, among other things. Because OCD. @_@)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:30 am

Endless Sea wrote:Could you guys help? xP

No. :|

Seriously though. Only the profile owner can edit their own page. Big active people were having too much trouble with vandals, so they made it that way to solve the problem. We might be of assistance in pointing out tropes, but we have no power to actually put them there.

(Which means you can't first person Sicon's page either.)
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Well, damn.

...uh, could I get some pointers, then? :P
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Well, damn.

...uh, could I get some pointers, then? :P

*is helpful* :D

Okay, then, really. Tropes that apply to Endless uh... Well considering your page is currently mostly empty, you could tune and improve your bio for a start. From there, you do have a few tropes chiseled in the ARG's character page. Those combined should give you jumping off point for now. :)
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:11 pm

...that reminds me, the ARG character page needs some work as well.
Endless Sea

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:59 am

I don't know if anyone might help, but if someone could help me with a comic book page I've been trying to revive, that would be nice.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/C ... heInvaders
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Previous

Return to Metaguard Projects