Any artists who want a writer to start a webcomic?

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Any artists who want a writer to start a webcomic?

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:44 pm

I have wanted to make a supernatural/action webcomic ever since I discovered webcomics... but I can't draw worth crap. I can write rather well and am very patient.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Any artists who want a writer to start a webcomic?

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 am

I wish I had the skill to illustrate a webcomic. It would be a tremendously fun project. But no, it takes me far too long to draw anything passable, and even then, the range of things I'm able to draw is fairly limited.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:20 am

As much as I'd love to say yes, I'm already working as a writer for another fan webcomic with a good friend of mine :/

If it helps a lot of folks actualuly aren't that good when they first start the webcomic. The number of webcomics where the skill-level clearly develops enormously over the period it runs is staggering. Maybe you should just...try it?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Finch on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:22 am

What webcomic is it?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:35 am

Scarab wrote:As much as I'd love to say yes, I'm already working as a writer for another fan webcomic with a good friend of mine :/

If it helps a lot of folks actualuly aren't that good when they first start the webcomic. The number of webcomics where the skill-level clearly develops enormously over the period it runs is staggering. Maybe you should just...try it?

Well now we get into other issues, like having enough time.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Well, I'm no artist. I certainly can't draw people. But I can share bits and pieces for others to improve on. Like this bird that I drew over the course of two class periods:

Magic Bird Creature.jpg
Magic Bird Creature.jpg (38.2 KiB) Viewed 3382 times

Someone with a wicked hand for Photoshop can certainly make it prettier than I can. :D Plus I just felt like sharing. ;)
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:39 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Well, I'm no artist. I certainly can't draw people. But I can share bits and pieces for others to improve on. Like this bird that I drew over the course of two class periods:

Magic Bird Creature.jpg

Someone with a wicked hand for Photoshop can certainly make it prettier than I can. :D Plus I just felt like sharing. ;)

:shock: Wow, you're good :gurt:
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 pm

Victin wrote: :shock: Wow, you're good :gurt:

*blinks* Er. Really? It's just a doodle to me... Plus I can never draw the same thing twice.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 pm

As for the story of the webcomic right now I have two

One is a retelling of the story of King Aruther but in a different way. Aruther starts out as an orphan who has been adopted as the servent of a rich man. One day he is late delivering some pateries to his master and accidently trips and pulls the famous sword from the stone. He than is thrust into a life of kingship and is forced to face the black witch of the wasteland Morgana.

The second is the story of an average boy named Jake Hunter. He has recently moved to a new town and is hopping that he can create a new life there. But soon he is thrust into an invisible war between angels and demons when he is forced to bond with an angel to avoid death. Now he has to balance high school life and stopping Lucifers army from freeing him and allowing him to wreck havoc on the world.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

@Kariese :shock: Doodle? Ok. I'd use that as an Avatar and be proud of it. :D You can say it's simple, yes, it is. But simplicity is a good characteristc, needless details detract a lot from a drawing. And that drawing is good! :gurt:

@Xana Sounds awesome, but I can't really help. I'm a slow as hell to draw stuff. And I can't draw digitally at all, only graphite on paper. :(
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:31 pm

How about my drawing of Sicon and Kariese? xD
I suck at drawing, wish I could help.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Sounds good, but wasn't his name Arthur?
IslaKariese

Return to Metaguard Projects