CHRISTMAS CAROL AUDITIONS 002 - MARLEY/THE CHESHIRE CAT

Be creative! We know you can be <3

CHRISTMAS CAROL AUDITIONS 002 - MARLEY/THE CHESHIRE CAT

Postby Scarab on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:06 pm

AUDITION SHEET 002 -The CHESHIRE CAT

Please Note: Before I begin, we are aware that in the not too distant future, this board is going to be locked. Pixel mage is planning a fan forum, and the audition process for this project will continue there. Until then, we are going to engender the spirit of my people, keep calm and carry on. We will continue using this forum for auditions until it is no longer possible. Pixelmage will announce the opening of a new forum when he is ready. All auditions for these roles must be sent to us at the Xmas Carol Chatroom, which is here: http://www.neatchat.com/?id=448786a1a57 ... 427635e469
(Alternatively, PM Blackwolfe or Scarab for an email address.)

This post is for those wishing to apply for the Metaguard Christmas Carol’s Jacob Marley equivalent: a Marley without chains! We have chosen the Cheshire Cat for this purpose :D. Cheshire serves as the mischievous, irritating harbinger for Mister A of the arrival of the spirits intended to change his ways.
...Yeah, I think it’s fairly obvious why we chose Cheshire for that role.
You know the drill - either link via the christmas carol chat, or email to me directly. Contact me for an email address or sent your own via the chat.

NOTES.
  • This character is a One Scene Wonder and a lot less dialogue heavy than the others. Pretty much all of his existing lines can be read right here in BlackWolfe's document.
  • In Qara’s words the Cheshire Cat is ‘one mad kitten’. Please make your recording reflect this... but not too mad, it has to be understandable, after all.
  • Please stick to the lines below. You’re welcome to add a couple of your own lines, to demonstrate your versatility, but please make sure you do the quoted speech.
  • You may audition for as many roles as you like. I would advise doing a few readings of each line. Go nuts!

The Cheshire Cat
These are the lines that must be read if you plan to audition for the role of the Cheshire Cat. This will be a ONE SCENE character, far less labour intensive than Mister Administrator, or the Narrator. The scene itself is right here.

“Conversely, things are rather the other way 'round. I'm afraid your perspective is upside down. In addition, I must add, it is quite normal for me – for any fictive – to be in quite a large number of places at one time.”

“I've come to warn you that you've lost your way. You see, fictional characters, such as yourself and I, exist for a purpose. Each to his own, of course, as is ever the way. We come and go in our stories, and in adaptations and spin-offs and fan fictions and fan art and oh so many fan works that it grows difficult to keep track of them even for one as talented as I!”

“There is no Fourth Wall,” [laughter]. “Why, it's not there at all! There was nothing to fix! There was nothing to fall! Why, if there was a wall there, where the Wall's supposed to be, the stories would never get through. Don't you see?”
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: CHRISTMAS CAROL AUDITIONS 002 - MARLEY/THE CHESHIRE CAT

Postby Scarab on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:57 am

Bump to mention that the Cheshire Cat himself is running somewhat low on auditions, though the ones we have are fantastic, recall the Cheshire cat is a one scene wonder so you don't have to worry about saying a bjillion lines for this guy :)

To everyone who's auditioned so far - you're amazing. I don't know how we're going to choose.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: CHRISTMAS CAROL AUDITIONS 002 - MARLEY/THE CHESHIRE CAT

Postby Scarab on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 am

I'll be missing from the web for mostly 24 hours, possibly longer, starting... in a few moments. Please keep sending auditions to the usual address, or via PM if you can't find my email :)
Scarab

Return to Metaguard Projects