CHRISTMAS CAROL AUDITIONS – WHAT YOU DO AND F.A.Q

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Postby Scarab on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Sorry for the wall of text guys, I know we all hate those, but this is important information, please read.

HOW TO AUDITION.

In order to Audition for a role in the Metaguard Christmas Carol, please PM Scarab, or contact her via the CHRISTMAS CAROL CHATROOM and give her your email address (or ask her to give you hers, and she’ll send you a confirmation email). You must then send your auditions directly to Scarab’s email.

If you would rather not give out your email, use sendspace or some other file hosting site to upload your audition and message it to Scarab either directly, or via the thread for the character you are auditioning for.

RELEVANT DOCUMENTS.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS.
  • We need good, clear quality microphone recordings but this does NOT mean expensive equipotent. It has been demonstrated that some laptop and computer mikes are fine. If you are unsure, send a test recording. (It has been shown that MP3 players, such as the iTouch or Olympus MP3’s, are valid substitutes.) If the recording is really low and you have a big role, you may need to think about buying a cheap microphone.
  • You may APPLY with any quality mike. If you only have one line, it may not be worth getting a new one, and we’ll work with your existing one :) Don’t worry guys, we’re not going to make you all go out and buy this.
  • You may audition for as many roles as you wish. People who already have specific roles are ALSO permitted to apply for characters. Don’t be put off.

AVAILABLE AUDITIONS.

Confirmed roles available for auditioning and their status (please only send an audition for those labelled as being open. The specific audition sheet for all open characters will be linked in their names):

Mister Administrator: OPEN
The Narrator: OPEN
The Cheshire Cat: OPEN
The Charity Worker/Fast Eddie: NOT OPEN
The Ghost of Past: NOT OPEN
The Ghost of Present (Gurt): NOT OPEN
The Ghost of Future (Morgan le Fay): OPEN
Scrooge’s Small “what say is it?” Child: NOT OPEN

ANY OTHER FUTURE ROLES WILL BE UNCLEAR UNTL WE HAVE A COMPLETED SCRIPT TO WORK WITH, BUT DON’T ASSUME THESE ARE THE ONLY ROLES AVAILABLE. More will probably present themselves later and many of those will require you to basically play YOURSELVES.

FAQ.

NB:If you have any other questions that you want answering in this FAQ, add them in this thread, prefaced with “FAQ:”.

Q. What are the deadlines for auditions?

A. We have no strict deadlines for auditioning at this point. When BlackWolfe has submitted the final script, we will begin setting deadlines. Do NOT WORRY it is not imminent. If we have to extend, we will. We would rather have a Christmas Carol story in mid-February that works and has as many people involved as possible, than one on, say for example, the 6th of January that nobody had had time to get involved in. This is for YOU guys, we want you all in on this.

Q. There were other character roles mentioned earlier (Average Joe, Ed, etc), why aren’t they on the list now?

A. If you are wondering as to the absence of certain characters that were present on the previous list, it is either because their role has changed and they are no longer included, or because we have not had confirmation from their ‘actors’ as to whether they would like to be mentioned. the characters who’s actors are visible and present in the ARG (Joe, and Ed for example) will only be mentioned provided they’re okay with it. (Yes, Fast Eddie got back to us on this and said yes! He is badass and the name ain’t honorary!)

Q. Can I use my Coffee Room weapons/powers in the story?

A. No, that will not be how the story works. The one exception to reality here is that we will be interacting in the real world, as if we knew one another IRL. Some scenes will take place “in” the coffee room but we will not be demonstrating extreme abilities so as to not disrupt the flow of story.
The characters in this story are the Metaguards fictional personas, yes, but due to the malleability of reality in this forum we are having to be extremely careful with our morals and ethical guidelines.

Q. Why are Their Age Limits on Some Roles?

A. See the answer to the above questions: it would be reckless and silly of us to write a story that killed say, a fifteen year old player’s character persona when that persona is identified by us in game as THEM. Please note that none of the characters featured in this story won't strictly be real, just fictional personas based on us as people, but as I said, these roles tend to blur. That said, it’s really not going to be very violent, at least not until the final dramatic scenes. This is based on a Christmas Carol, guys, not the Terminator.
Last edited by Scarab on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: CHRISTMAS CAROL AUDITIONS – WHAT YOU DO AND F.A.Q

Postby Scarab on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 am

This is part bump, part a message that yes this thing is still going and yes the auditions are continuing. You can continue to submit to any of the open auditions and new ones will be open quite soon.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Edited the list of open auditions to include Morgan.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:43 am

Character Examples.

I will be away for 24 hours at least over this weekend, all auditions are still accepted at my email address, or via PM.

In the meantime... figured I'd help out those who are still unsure about auditioning. Attached here are several examples of performances for the characters we’ve got you all auditioning for, as they have been played by various actors throughout the last several decades. I thought it’d be useful to you guys to provide a handy list of source videos from youtube featuring clips of our characters. The list will be added to as new character roles become available.

Keep in mind you DO NOT HAVE to sound like any of these characters: take the voices you are auditioning for, and make them your own :) . These are just handy examples of how the characters have been played in the past. If you have examples of your own that I missed to add, feel free to do so!

THE CHESHIRE CAT

SCROOGE

MORGAN LE FAY
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Hey mods, is there any chance we could maybe get this topic stickied at the top there please? It's getting shoved away by all those wonderfully interesting, but large Cultural Exchange threads.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:12 pm

I feel the need to make a note now, before anybody gets anymore confused: yes this thang is still on, folks. We have an extremely busy writer, but it's going to get done eventually. Once BW is able to actually act on this, we'll be able to start opening more auditions and doing more work.
Scarab

Return to Metaguard Projects