Virtual War Possible Fight only RP

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Virtual War Possible Fight only RP

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:45 am

Welcome to Nevermore Online the online MMORPG to end all MMORPG. Create your own character with moves out of your own imagination using the unique Imagine Weave Headgear. Battle other players in the Virtual War room and do your best to win. Watch over the Battles in the Virtual Theater and comment on how the fight is going and who will win. The only catch is once a character is defeated you will need to create a completely new one as the character data of the losing player is deleted afterward. Winners will gain bragging rights and one new weapon or armor piece after battle. Watch as imaginations clash in Nevermore Online, where all your dreams come true, and battle others.

Okay so that is the sales pitch for what I imagine a fun fight thread to be. Basic Character sheet is
Username: (your username for the website)
Build: Small (like tinkerbell small), small 2 (like dwarf small), medium (average human), medium 2 (tall human), large(small house), large 2 (big house)
Weapon: (limit one handheld and one ranged)
Abilities: (not powers but rather perks, like excellent fighter, really fast, hard to hurt) pick two
Powers: (anything you can imagine so long as it doesn't break the system, so no powers that would result in instant win as soon as the fight began) pick three

Battles will run on the honor system, as soon as one player admits that they have lost they are to PM the other player to let them know that the next blow can be a kill shot, any battle going over forty posts or are just being dragged out will be put to an end by Moderator judgement (in other words me and whoever I feel like asking)

If there is interest I will start making arenas and the fight fight will be randomly selected. All fights are 1 on 1 until we have a feel for it, then I might hold a grand arena match or something in the future.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Virtual War Possible Fight only RP

Postby Victin on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm

I'm interested and I want to cooperate as much as I can. And I have plenty of ideas already. I can't make a PM neither now nor soon, because my finals start tomorrow. So, I'll just list here some stuff so I can remember it: Boos Battles, Shops, Scholars, Something in Scenario (like a secret item or something).

Also, I remember I asked for your help with a RP, but again, I won't be able to do anything this week. When I'm back, I'll try to remember that I have to PM you.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:01 pm

So, we can just post our character sheets right here, then?
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 pm

I was going to wait to see how many people where interested and then make a separate thing for it. If not enough people wanted to join no point in setting anything up you know?
Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:I was going to wait to see how many people where interested and then make a separate thing for it. If not enough people wanted to join no point in setting anything up you know?

I thought so, but I decided to put my idea here as means of bumping the thread. I think...
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm in. I've been waiting for a while for something along these lines.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Okay so here's the deal. Once I get at least seven people who say they are in and want to do this I will start up the other rooms to do this. Current count on this thread 3/7
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:16 pm

...What happens if someone forfeits? Since, well, that just happened.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Guess that's up to you. It's how the old Arena worked.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:05 pm

We are currently having a discussion in the chatbox about messing with the character death penalties. I have noticed some logistics issues and pointed them out. The relatively small pool of players mean that if we lose a player character every fight, fights are going to have to be delayed as we run out of new characters very quickly. People who do not have as many characters or as much interest in participation are dissuaded from joining, forcibly keeping the player base small and shrinking it further over time. Various other issues have been brought up as well, and in light of this I have suggested a time-death penalty for loss/surrender instead of the current permanent system, a remodeling based on a very popular fight thread Mimsy and I have had experience with. Feel free to throw in your two cents to the discussion.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Sicon112 wrote:We are currently having a discussion in the chatbox about messing with the character death penalties. I have noticed some logistics issues and pointed them out. The relatively small pool of players mean that if we lose a player character every fight, fights are going to have to be delayed as we run out of new characters very quickly. People who do not have as many characters or as much interest in participation are dissuaded from joining, forcibly keeping the player base small and shrinking it further over time. Various other issues have been brought up as well, and in light of this I have suggested a time-death penalty for loss/surrender instead of the current permanent system, a remodeling based on a very popular fight thread Mimsy and I have had experience with. Feel free to throw in your two cents to the discussion.

Was anything decided? I think I could have a cent in my pockets.
Victin

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:27 pm

See the observation deck thread.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Victin on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:31 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:See the observation deck thread.

I just saw it, and I don't know what changed.
Victin

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm

So there has been a lot of discussion about loss mechanics so far. And here is what I have decided on that. I have heard a lot of ideas and have taken them to heart. So here are two methods to bringing back the dead.

1. If you defeat the Champion of Drome you can choose to collect the perks (Denying and Picking a fight) or kill your current avatar and come back as your old one
2. After five wins in a row you announce that you will fight a Drome King, NPC's that are overpowered considering they have five power slots and control over the environment. Do this and you can bring back an old character in exchange for your current one.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Victin on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:
So there has been a lot of discussion about loss mechanics so far. And here is what I have decided on that. I have heard a lot of ideas and have taken them to heart. So here are two methods to bringing back the dead.

1. If you defeat the Champion of Drome you can choose to collect the perks (Denying and Picking a fight) or kill your current avatar and come back as your old one
2. After five wins in a row you announce that you will fight a Drome King, NPC's that are overpowered considering they have five power slots and control over the environment. Do this and you can bring back an old character in exchange for your current one.

I said, and I repeat: I don't know what... Wait... Oohh... I still don't know what was up before this, but now it makes sense. I knew I misread something. Anyways, what'd be the Champion of the Drome?
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Well, the drome that you're fighting in has Alaki (Endless Sea) as its champion. If you defeat him in that drome, you can swap avatars.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Return to Roleplaying