Virtual War Observation Deck

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Virtual War Observation Deck

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:55 pm

*winces* Yeah, not the best choice for that. Alaki's got highly destructive powers for a reason, and that reason is to cause high amounts of destruction with those powers. He doesn't duel, he just blows things up at medium to long range. If his opponent's got a weapon or something that can hurt him as bad as it did with that explosion from before, he's not gonna stick around.

And yeah, dueling would be the more fun alternative, but then again, so would blasting the crap out of Borogove right off the bat, which is, in fact, Alaki's style. The fact that he was forgoing that from the start in favor of oodles of plans and stuff should tell you something about how serious he (meaning me :P) is/am taking this fight. He's/we're not trying to go nuts blowing stuff up for once, so much as staying in the fight long enough to kill the guy with a sword that can somehow blast through armor that's more resistant to magic than magic-resistant armor by using magic. Antics are not the first thing on the guy's mind right now. :/
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Yeah, I understand. ^^ Of course, there is the fact that Borogove's currently chasing you at ridiculous speeds, so if you do want a brief little clash, you could still just block everything and then disengage while Borogove is off balance from the laser-stab at the end. Might add a little more tension than our current dynamic of just having one party spam attacks for a few turns while the other no-sells them over and over again. Of course, if you don't want to, I don't mind. It was worth a try. XD
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Well, judging by how fast Borogove is moving, Alaki's probably only gonna have time to call out a few ice blocks that would impede you for a maximum of about zero seconds, so... :P Chances are, though, if enough of those attacks connect, I might end up throwing plan A out the window and have Alaki just start going berserk, and then things would start heating up.

...no, I haven't used plan A yet. Yes, this totally makes sense. STOP QUESTIONING ME )8O
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Hehe. I know the feeling. Anyway, I'd say this is the point where the fun really gets started, since Borogove's currently ridiculously powered up and if Alaki goes berserk and starts nuking the everything on top of that, things are going to be far, far more than just destroyed by the time we're done. =D

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:45 pm

This settles it. I want to register for Mimsycon, please. Actually, maybe I'll take out a membership.
:lol:
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Welcome to Mimsycon, Duckish Knight of Toasters. Brace yourself for epic. ^^

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Hm. Alright, I admit, this is gonna be trouble to work with, and I'm almost certain the fallout would end up doing Alaki in.

...eventually.

Ah, well, it's not like plan A wasn't going to take this sort of thing into account. See, it's the big moves that tend to hurt Alaki; naturally he's gonna be prepared for them. Granted, the follow-up is gonna end up getting thrown out the window, but that just makes what happens after plan A all the more surprising...

Also, no, Bardock, psychic powers are not useless at all. In fact, they're going to save Alaki's life. What that says about you, I'm not entirely sure... :P
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Nah, there's no fallout. It's non-nuclear. And I never said they were "useless," just impractical, since void will be rather hard to manipulate, and you have exactly four seconds to do it, so... XD

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Eh, I wasn't quite thinking of fallout as in literal fallout, but whatever. At any rate, I think I dealt with that bomb a bit quicker than you expected- certainly quicker than I expected. Again, it helps that I was preparing even before the attack began. :P
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 am

So... Lemme get this straight. Alaki just transformed into reborn Karas Otoha and then did the exact same thing as Utsuho Reiuji for her desperation attack in the Touhou 3d Dogfight?

Classy.

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:09 am

Right, I'm not certain who either of those are, and the link isn't working for me for some reason, but I'm certain that could be solved with a few google searches. In the meantime, if you want, I'd be happy to give a fairly in-depth explanation on what the hell actually just happened. :P
Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Welp, that's four plasma form posts out of the five-post thingamajig I was planning. Sorry I took so long on that last one. :P Your move, Mimsy!
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:59 pm

This is possibly the greatest shoutout I've made with this character.

Headdesk as you see fit, people.

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:11 pm

...well, that was a derail. Okay, maybe this might take a bit longer than five posts. Whatevs.

*reads closer*

Wait a second. Borogove is constantly draining power from Alaki, you say? If so... *demonic laughter*
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Correction: Any power emitted within the dimensional hole is instantly drained, and very quickly absorbed. Since plasma can only be maintained at a very specific energy level, that's going to vastly limit your range/attack duration/attack power in that department. Additionally, psychic emissions will probably be very difficult to use, since you're inside somebody else's soul, so your mind has less of an influence here.

But, I still can't just drain your existence, or whatever.

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Ah. In that case, you've handed me the win. Not gonna be able to savor it for long, admittedly, but it's not like I didn't know that anyways. :P
Endless Sea

Postby Scarab on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:45 pm

...Guys, I'm starting to get the feeling my character is the only sane member of this entire tournament. Seriously, that's saying something.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 pm

If you mean wholly sane, maybe. Alaki usually acts normal enough, but plasma form comes with an inherent obsession with destruction and killing and that sort of thing. :/
Endless Sea

Postby Guyshane on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Scarab wrote:...Guys, I'm starting to get the feeling my character is the only sane member of this entire tournament. Seriously, that's saying something.

That is totally unjustified. You don't know that my character is insane
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Scarab wrote:...Guys, I'm starting to get the feeling my character is the only sane member of this entire tournament. Seriously, that's saying something.

:o Are you calling the Duck insane on the sole basis that he's apparently the embodiment of absurdity?

...harsh, but fair.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Ah. In that case, you've handed me the win. Not gonna be able to savor it for long, admittedly, but it's not like I didn't know that anyways. :P

We'll see, Endless. I have a feeling there are some things you haven't taken into account. >=D

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure if it matters at this point.

Fun fact- in canon, Alaki's plasma form was once considered by the Forged as a possibility for a limitless supply of energy for their weapons systems and war machinery. The idea was shot down, not because of the severe mental and physical trauma necessary to activate plasma form (Alaki was getting used to it, somehow), but because they had no idea how to actually contain the output.
Endless Sea

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Fun fact- in canon, Alaki's plasma form was once considered by the Forged as a possibility for a limitless supply of energy for their weapons systems and war machinery. The idea was shot down, not because of the severe mental and physical trauma necessary to activate plasma form (Alaki was getting used to it, somehow), but because they had no idea how to actually contain the output.

Ok... Let me just say this Endless... If I so much as dreamed that Alaki was at that level of power, I'd take friggin' Loki as my weakest Persona in our fight. Because come on... Pyro Jack against that?
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 pm

I don't think plasma form was an option in your fight, but I don't recall, Pix. By the way endless... Mimsy says it may have been a bad idea to release infinite power around Borogove...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:05 am

Yeah, it wasn't. :P We were actually fighting without our super sides, I guess. And considering how much damage he sustained on his own Yin-Yang Bomb, he'd fire off that mode if it was an option.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying