Virtual War Observation Deck

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Virtual War Observation Deck

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:05 pm

BIG HUGE MEGA ANNOUNCEMENT

1. New character sheet thread. This one time only I am going to do something special for all the players who wish to continue, you may bring over any 1 character dead or not.
2. All dromes are being reset for new matches.
3. Glad you stuck with us, the ride isn't over yet friends, lets go.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:1. New character sheet thread. This one time only I am going to do something special for all the players who wish to continue, you may bring over any 1 character dead or not.

Lordxana0 wrote:you may bring over any 1 character dead or not.

:shock: *thinks*
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Alright, Alaki has been transferred! woohoo~
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Guyshane on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Ill transfer a character by tomorrow
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm

First V2 fight

Mimsy vs. Endless Sea

Drome 1

Fight begins with first post.
Lordxana0

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Next fight

Qara vs. Sicon

Drome 5 Undersea Palace

Lordxana0

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Next fight
eli vs scarab

Drome 4 City of the Future

Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:19 am

I have a new char in mind I was picturing for a personal setting, but I decided to use him there. I had some trouble trying to explain his powers without sounding more powerful than they are, because it does sound like so (he is pretty powerful, but it looks like he is more powerful than he is, or has too many powers, I guess)
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Scarab on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Next fight
eli vs scarab

Drome 4 City of the Future

...Oh, fard it.

Uh... Eli? After you? :?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 pm

All right, I'll say this much- I was almost able to read through that last post. >_< Started losing track of things halfway in, and it was just words upon words upon words by the time I got to the end. Anyone able to help me figure things out?
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:54 pm

The format I've inserted at the top explains all of the details of my power levels and such. There's now a raging blizzard in progress due to the leftover Scarlet Temperament in the sky. As for my armaments, the Sword of Hisou is offline again, and in its place I now have a sword-turned-arrow and a bow with the following concepts.

Masamune: Charge 3 concepts per turn.

Air Concept: Grants wind manipulation to enhance shots and physical abilities.

I took up a position several dozen yards behind you and shot a drill-sword-arrow under the effects of the bow's air concept to increase its damage, aimed straight at your back. The arrow and concept are optimized to make it go ridiculously fast, so dodging would be difficult, making a block the most likely alternative, as I stated at the end of my post.

Seriously. It's not that hard to understand. If you hate my posts so much, then instead of whining about how long and complicated they are, here's a tip: just skip over every passage where it says "like a..." That cuts out about 45% of the purple prose, and, although you'll have very little grasp of magnitude in regards to anything I do, perhaps that'll be within your realm of comprehension?
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm

New rule.

If you don't post within 3 days of the last person you automaticly lose the fight.
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:58 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:The format I've inserted at the top explains all of the details of my power levels and such. There's now a raging blizzard in progress due to the leftover Scarlet Temperament in the sky. As for my armaments, the Sword of Hisou is offline again, and in its place I now have a sword-turned-arrow and a bow with the following concepts.

I took up a position several dozen yards behind you and shot a drill-sword-arrow under the effects of the bow's air concept to increase its damage, aimed straight at your back. The arrow and concept are optimized to make it go ridiculously fast, so dodging would be difficult, making a block the most likely alternative, as I stated at the end of my post.

Seriously. It's not that hard to understand. If you hate my posts so much, then instead of whining about how long and complicated they are, here's a tip: just skip over every passage where it says "like a..." That cuts out about 45% of the purple prose, and, although you'll have very little grasp of magnitude in regards to anything I do, perhaps that'll be within your realm of comprehension?

The format at the top doesn't explain details; it's just a list of numbers and the word concept repeated a bunch of times with a few other words thrown in that don't actually describe what the concepts do/are/whatever. I'm still kinda confused about that bit. There's also the fact that you stated how many concepts you have multiple times and came out with a different number each time- presumably each equation means something different, but the terminology is so vague and similar that I can't tell what.

As for the advice about getting through your posts (incidentally, man, you were kinda coming off as pretty condescending from my point of view, try to watch that)- yeah, tried it. It's not working. >_< Partially because it's still hard to tell when to snip and when to resume reading, what with the immense paragraphs you've been writing making it easy to lose track of what I was reading (which is an issue itself- maybe you could figure out a way to split them up better?), and partially because it's still not a perfect way to tell what's important and what isn't. Also, try not to put words in my mouth- among other issues, I don't "hate" your posts, I just have a hard time reading through the massive paragraphs and occasional quirks in terminology and think I'm justified in saying so.

Anyways, I'm gonna try and use what you've told me so far, but I can't guarantee you're gonna like it. Then again, that would be the case even if I knew exactly what was going on, so whatevs. :P
Endless Sea

Postby Victin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 am

AMimsyBorogove wrote:The format I've inserted at the top explains all of the details of my power levels and such. There's now a raging blizzard in progress due to the leftover Scarlet Temperament in the sky. As for my armaments, the Sword of Hisou is offline again, and in its place I now have a sword-turned-arrow and a bow with the following concepts.

Mimsy, I don't watch Fate/Stay or whatever it is called, but why the heck are you summoning Caladbolg? I already referenced it with my last char's spear, no need to keep doing so. At least summon the Gae Bolg, I think it is cooler than the Caladbolg.

P.S.: You are not Gilgamesh.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 am

Victin wrote:P.S.: You are not Gilgamesh.

Hey, Caladbolg is freaking awesome. It one tore through the fabric of space time so that when someone tried to literally warp reality to teleport away from it, the vortex of space distortion from the spinning sword violently yanked them back into place. Did I mention that that shot was aimed to miss and targeted roughly thirty feet to one side? (The sword Borogove shot doesn't do that. I think. :? )

P.S. That's debatable. You haven't seen one of his other characters.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Goddammit, the internet ate my post. Alright, here it is, over fifteen hours after finishing it. I decided not to spell out precisely how the arrow-thingy missed, but I have faith the implication is clear enough.
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:42 pm

No. I did not summon Caladbolg. I summoned Archer's OTHER sword arrow, Hrunting. There's a difference. =P

P.S.: I am so totally Gilgamesh, you mongrels.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Okay, mah head is clearing a bit, so I'm finally trying to write something. Reading's going a bit better this time, incidentally.
Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Right, finally got a chance to read the new post. C'mon, Mimsy, you can't just say the attack hit me and not give me a chance to react to it. That's not how the RP works. (Also, what's a Warforged?)
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Frack. That was the name of somebody else's race names, wasn't it? Sorry. I get confused.

Anyway, as for apparently "hitting you without giving you a chance to dodge," I never did such a thing. I said that it would simply be hard to dodge.

"He might not even have time to blink - or whatever equivalent the construct possessed - before the Archer was upon him, which would make turning around and defending himself, let alone dodging, rather difficult. But, of course, Borogove wasn't relying on this attack hitting its mark."

As for the explosion afterward, it never stated anything about hitting you, either. I just described its size.

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 pm

I get what you're saying, but still, the last paragraph of your post said "After dealing his cut..." The implication I'm reading there is that the attack hit its target, and the post says for sure that it at least hit something. :/

And yeah, it's just Forged, not Warforged. Although the names are pretty similar, and Victin tells me that there's a few works out there that use Warforged to describe beings similar to Myrmidons, so I can understand the confusion. :P
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm

I never said he cut you. Just that he cut with his sword, as in a synonym for "slashed," or "hacked," etcetera. I was just trying to vary my words so as not to get boring. >.>

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Ah. The bit about "dealing" threw me off. Thanks! *off to writing*
Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Oh hey, I'm double posting again. -_- Anyways, Mimsy, I notice you've got an entire combo attack planned out. Am I allowed to get Alaki out of the way before the combo finishes, or does he have to stand there and take it? :/ (As for the evacuation plan, let's just say it involves more ice travel. :P)
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Yeah, you could, I guess, but know that A: Borogove would, obviously, stop attacking, and B: it would be no fun. Not saying you have to get hit, just that it'd be more fun to duel, in my opinion, than just spam magic attacks like every other fight. ^^

AMimsyBorogove

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying