Virtual War Drome 1: Enchanted Forest

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Virtual War Drome 1: Enchanted Forest

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 pm

A beautiful forest with tree's that grow thousands of feet tall and dominate the sky. Thousands of enchanted and magical creatures call this place home, the people who fight here call it hell. With all of the magic in the air this drome is the perfect fight destination for character who rely on magic to get their work done. Danger and mystery awaits all who fight here. To the death dear friends.

Current Battle: Endless vs Mimsy
Current Champion: Endless Sea
(Don't post here unless it is for an official match please)

Next update in 1 fights
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Virtual War Drome 1: Enchanted Forest

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Three massive beams of light come down from the sky and deposit three beings into a large clearing in a forest of massive tree's. "Now then I want to see a dirty match here with every evil trick in the book, let imagination clash and let all be turned to ash, WATCH OUT" One of the figures disappears leaving only the two warrior's to do battle. A gong is rung from nowhere and the words FIGHT ring out across the forest.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Kabáh had been waiting for this. As the cry of "Fight!" rang out across the forest, he rushed into the darkened woods, hoping that the greenery would serve as camouflage. Rustic Buster in hand, he fired a few shots at his opponent, hoping that they would not give away his location.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Noticing the group of brilliant white globs of energy arcing towards his position, Alaki chuckled and waved the spear that had formed in his right hand. The plasma bolts stopped immediately, many of them less than halfway to their target.

"OH, LOOK," Alaki boomed. "PLASMA. Yeah, nothing's gonna go wrong with that." His grin faded slightly as he quickly counted the amount of blasts he'd suspended. Ooh, that's a lot of plasma, he thought. Seriously, how am I holding this many- OH RIGHT BATTLE. Let's not screw around with this stuff.

Another wave of the spear, and every plasma bolt promptly exploded, flooding a kilometer-wide area of forest with superheated matter.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:13 pm

With his area of the forest essentially obliterated, stealth-wise. Kabáh realized that he had to try harder. He took the pendant from around his neck and threw it up into the air. "Ek Chuah! Action!"

As the pendant glimmered in the sunlight, a large Olmec head dropped down from above. Kabáh scrambled inside, closing the entry with Ek Chuah's headdress. The robot promptly sprouted arms and legs, one arm already equipped with a larger version of Kabáh's own Rustic Buster. He fired several single-shot bursts toward his unnatural adversary, while putting most of Ek Chuah's output towards charging terrestrial energy.

Alright. Kabáh thought nervously, Let's see if this works...
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm

His look souring, Alaki continued to gesture with his spear, and the incoming plasma bolts flew off in random directions. Geez, man, he thought, gimme something I can work with, here. Just shooting plasma all day for me to block and crap is really freaking tedious and stuff.

His frown turned contemplative as he felt a subtle shift in the flow of natural energy in the blackened forest. Oh, hey, that mech thingy uses elemental energy. Sweet. Wonder what it d- OOH IDEA. New plan- see what he pulls next, then start screwing around. Grinning evily, Alaki switched his spear to his left hand and summoned his blaster into his right, firing a ray of energy onto the ground that left a linear section of the new clearing covered in ice. He then darted onto the newly frozen ash-soil, pseudo-skating towards the still-blazing edge of the forest.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm

From within Ek Chuah, Kabáh's eyes widened as he saw his mystery opponent easily created a stream of ice and skated towards him. He can manipulate elemental energy that easily? he thought, amazed by the man's skill. Whatever this guy is, he's not human. With the press of a button, the buster foled back into the arm, and an enormous hammer appeared in Ek Chuah's hands. "Let's put this power to use! Seismic Wave!" As the Rune Hammer crashed into the ground, a powerful shockwave eminated from the stone machine's form. Kabáh promptly shifted to channeling igneous energy, in hopes that his science teachers were right.
Last edited by Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 am

Mid-skate, Alaki glanced back in his opponent's direction at the sound of the hammer's impact. Pausing for a moment to gape at the enormous wave of terrestrial power, then a few more to exclaim, "AAAUGH FUCK FUCK FUCK HOLY CRAAAAAP," he de-summoned his blaster and plunged his spear into the ground in front of him with both hands, summoning up all the strength his muscles and telekinesis could muster to launch himself into the air as high as possible.

A few seconds later, he crashed into the ground, a good portion of his legs and back encased in earth/stone/whatever that wave was channeling. "OH COME ON."

As he attempted to break through his new bonds with a combination of telekinesis-enhanced strength and an aura of heat, he felt the flow of energy directed towards the mech change slightly. Crap, I don't wanna have to go through another of those. Plan time. Drastically lowering the elemental power he was using to attempt to free himself, he instead focused on the energy the mech was absorbing, attempting to cause it to prematurely assume the qualities of a different element: ice. Freeze, suckah.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 am

As the elemental energy dial spun to "water", the mechanzed Olmec head turned to ice for a split second, before flickering back to stone. "Wh-What the-?" Kabáh gasped, a sudden chill filling the cockpit. On the bright side, he thought, this guy just filled my energy reserves, so who am I to argue? Ek Chuah began to spin his hammer about, forming a pillar of elemental energy. "Thermal Shift: Hail, Sleet, Snow! The pillar burst out into a full-fledged snowstorm, the forest shifting to a wintery wonderland within moments.
Last edited by Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 am

Alaki's burst of triumphant laughter was cut short by a sudden deluge of ice in its various forms, only to resume again when he burst out after a few moments, completely unharmed and freed from his previous bindings. Being bombarded with copious amounts of an element one has equally copious amounts of experience with manipulating would do that to a guy. "YES!" he crowed. "THAT ACTUALLY WORKED! IT WORKED!"

His good mood faded somewhat when he glanced back to his opponent. "...except he's totally not frozen. Damn it." Once more his spear appeared in his hands, and he plunged it tip-first into the frozen ground. "Welp, time to fix that!"

At once, the ice between him and his opponent began to shift. Within moments, a row of enormous icicles had begun to race towards the mech, each spike easily as large as its opponent.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:59 am

As the immense icicles charged towards Ek Chuah , a desperate idea formed in its pilot's head. If this fails, he thought, I'm never going to be able to live with myself. Literally. The mech switched back to its Rustic Buster, then proceeded to shoot a beam of plasma through the icicles, and then launched Kabáh out of its mouth. As the young archaeologist was sent flying through the icicles towards his metallic opponent, Ek Chuah returned to the pendant around his neck. I'm glad I've got a helmet on...
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:16 am

Grimacing, Alaki swatted the air in front of him as the incoming blast of plasma vaporized his swarm of icicles (as well as most of the ice on the ground), and the superheated bolt flew off in a completely different direction. The biomechanical warrior sighed in relief, then eeped in surprise as he noticed the plasma bolt's firer hurtling in his direction at high speed. Instinctively, he summoned his blaster and leveled at his foe- just in time for Kabáh to collide with him. The two were launched backwards a couple of meters from the force of impact, and both ended up sprawled on the ground in separate tangles of limbs, Kabáh a greater distance from their starting point that Alaki due to weight differences.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:30 am

The impact had left Kabáh more than a little disoriented, but he managed to reactivate Ek Chuah, which quickly brought him back to full consciousness. I suppose it's time to heat things up a bit, he thought, setting the energy to fire on MAX. "Flaming Pirouette!" With a graceful spin, a tornado of fire melted all of the remaining ice and burnt down all of the plant life, leaving just Kabáh and Alaki in a barren wasteland.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:41 am

Pulling himself up to one knee, Alaki was still getting his bearings when the tornado of flame entered his general vicinity. He promptly emitted a pained shriek and staggered backwards, somehow getting to his feet in the process. Once the fires passed, he brought his blaster to bear on the mech in front of him, half-grinning in deranged hatred, and fired a blast of telekinetic force, its strength amplified by the blaster so that, if it struck one of the enormous trees dominating the forest head-on, said tree would be ripped free of its rooting and thrown a hundred meters back.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 am

As the mental burst of energy was about to crash into Ek Chuah, the mech inexplicably managed to dodge it. As it did so, a counter inside fell to 2. Ok, thought Kabáh, that was WAY too close for comfort. On the upside, it seems as though Iron Man over there has a weakness after all. Ek Chuah began charging more igneous energy, and the hammer in its hands began to glow, the runes covering it shimmering with an eerie violet color.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:42 pm

"Wh- Bu- Wha-" Alaki stammered. "How the hell, he was right there, he was- oh, screw it." With his free hand, he pointed at his opponent. "HEY. YOU. GUY IN THE MECH. YEAH, SCREW YOU." So saying, he fired his blaster again but this time kept his finger on the trigger, sending a continuous stream of amplified-strength elemental ice in his foe's general direction. This time, however, Alaki wasn't necessarily aiming for the mech itself; rather, he was spraying wide semicircles of ice through the ancient and legendary method of waving his arm left and right really fast repeatedly. Yeah, let's see how good you dodge when the ice is FREAKING EVERYWHERE.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:14 pm

With ice heading towards him in all directions, Kabáh smirked. "My name is Kabáh," his voice boomed over Ek Chuah's speakers. "Kabáh Tezu. By the way, thanks for the ice, It adds more to the drama." The glowing hammer crashed to the ground once more, with a cry of "Xiuhtecuhtli's Eminence!", an aura of flame enveloped Ek Chuah, melting the ice before it could reach him, then taking the form of a fiery, multi-headed being for a split second, before bursting towards Alaki.
Xiuhtecuhtli's Eminence.png
The ghostly form of the Mesoamerican technique
Xiuhtecuhtli's Eminence.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3227 times
However, the cost of the blast left Kabáh out in the open, as Ek Chuah was left powerless to do anything. So he hopped out of the cockpit, hammer in hand, as his mech turned back to a pendant to recharge.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Alaki blinked as the enormous blast of fire in front of him metamorphosed into a multiheaded form. "Ooh, the hell is th-" was all he managed to say before the flames hit their mark. There was lots of screaming. Lots.

Then the screaming stopped. Then it started again.

The flame creature let out a sound like air rushing through a wind tunnel as it vanished, torn apart from within by an explosion of ice spikes. The ice promptly vaporised, revealing a still very much alive Alaki. Sections of his armor were glowing white-hot, and certain sections had melted together. He was unsteady on his feet, and his movements were jerkish and pained. Nevertheless, he was still standing, and perfectly capable of carrying on the fight, including amplifying a small plasma orb through his blaster to give it enough power to vaporise a hectometer-wide section of forest upon detonation.

Step one: actually aim this time. He resummoned his blaster, took careful aim at his now mechless opponent, and charged up the plasma bolt. Step two: go for overkill. He fired. Step three: detonate the damn thing as soon as he gets within fifty meters of the blast. Dodging will NOT be an option this time.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Well, this had better work. Kabáh thought, staring up at the now-immense sphere of plasma. He switched to his Rustic Buster, and fired at some of the non-molten parts of Alaki's body. However, as the energy discharge came rocketing towards him, he executed yet another unfathomable dodge. A dial on his wrist dropped to 1. Great. Only one dodge left. If I don't manage to take this guy down, I'm done for!
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Once again letting out peals of mad laughter, Alaki re-summoned his spear, waving it at the plasma bolts. The blasts promptly changed direction and hurtled towards the one who fired them. "Second verse, same as the first, asshole!" Alaki called out.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Quickly ducking as his blasts passed him overhead, Kabáh stood, trembling, but undeterred. My buster's useless against him, Ek Chuah's recharging, so that just leaves... Well, it's better than nothing, I guess. He pulled out his hammer, and threw it at Alaki, hoping that his plans just might work.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Rolling his eyes, Alaki detonated the plasma bolts directly behind his opponent, then telekinetically knocked the hammer he'd thrown to the side with a wave of his spear. "Nope."
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Kabáh gave in. His Determination was overpowered by his will to live, and he was drastically overpowered by Alaki. He looked up to the sky and shouted "I forfeit!" in hopes that the masters of this tournament would let him see his family again. However, a small voice in his head told him that there was no way he could forfeit, as it was against the rules in the waiver he signed. Great. So it's all or nothing, Kabáh thought. He took his buster and set it to maximum power. "Grand Finale: Bile of the Ancients!" He then fired a dull-green blast of plasma directly towards Alaki's face. Win or lose, I'm not getting out of this place, so I might as well go out with a bang...
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Alaki gave a double take as his opponent's plasma cannon jerked up to aim at his face. Groaning in irritation, he flicked his staff, and the plasma bolt emerging from the cannon detonated in an enormous cloud of superheated material the moment it cleared the barrel.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:59 pm

As Kabáh's conscious faded away, never to return, his last thoughts were Wow... I... didn't... expect... that... to... be... taken... literally... And Kabáh Tezu breathed his last.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Next

Return to Roleplaying