Virtual War Drome 4: City of the Future

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Virtual War Drome 4: City of the Future

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

High above the ground is a city once inhabited by machines. But one EMP later and we cleared those suckers out to give us a knew place to fight. Of course the city was repaired for your fighting pleasure. The oil rivers flow next to the metal forest, which is just next to the city of the future with buildings so high they defy the God's domains. If you can reach it the guard robots weapon cache should still be standing, and building and city security is still up, you just have to take control somehow. So many ways to win, of course if you want to be a little less creative throw your enemy off the side of the floating city and watch as they descend to the ground of yesterday!

Current Fight: Scarab vs eli

Current Champion: Scarab

To next update: 1/3
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Virtual War Drome 4: City of the Future

Postby Guyshane on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Sidrat began observing the area as soon as he arrived

Appears to be a city on par with the capital although they obviously failed to put as much focus into magic as they did into technology. Still exploration after the mission is complete may yield information and upgrades. The enemy did not immediately put themselves on display so they are at least mildly intelligent though not overly so or they would have killed me as I stood here. Conclusion: Stay Frosty and use caution. When the enemy is spotted waste no time, ignore any banter and destroy them.

The cyborg began moving through the city. He had walked about a mile before he was attacked. He smashed the attacker back the way it came before observing it was a robot of mildly clever make. Then he tore off the machine's limbs and drained any and all energy in it's systems. I was informed that my opponent would be more of a challenge. This is likely not the opponent, at the very least I hope not. It has been too long since a worthy fight.

Sidrat moved further into the building and spotted what appeared to be an ordinary human. Perhaps this is the opponent. Let me see what powers this one has if they indeed have any. Sidrat then wasted no time quickly, methodically collapsing the roof of the room on the opponent. Show me your strength.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:29 am

The river of oil was a distraction for a while: the sounds it made practically crawled up the edges of the bridge and steel supports that surrounded it. Gallium crossed the bridge quickly (the last thing she wanted was to drown in oil this early) and looked around, seeing nothing but spires that reached into infinity. ‘Alright then. So. Battle to the death, right? But against whom?’

Los of people talked to themselves. Gallium however was probably the only person around who could use that as a weapon. Closing her eyes, she let out a breath just slightly louder than she needed to. A thin, keening whistle, like a knife, allowed her to place herself in the confusing cacophony of shapes and outlines that she had spent most of her twenty one years of life learning to read.

If Gallium had ever been asked to describe the sounds she saw, she would’ve struggled. It would have been like trying to explain colour to a blind man. But if she had to, she would’ve said it was a little like seeing chickpeas or marbles, vibrating constantly on every surface she could see. They poured in waves where wind seeped through cracks and around corners.

There was so much movement. Every breath of wind seemed to find some new and interesting curve of metal to twist itself around, some new shard of debris to lift up and clatter, the world flowed and crashed alike, splitting and bursting where sounds made contacts with other sounds, like a strangely calm fireworks display in her head. Even abandoned, the city gave of a constant faint hum. Not everything made noise, but you’d be surprised by how much did, and how much that meant.

Her nerves gave way a little as this dawned on her: there was so much sound around here. The city was alive with a song that her opponent probably couldn’t see. She knelt down to press her hands to the pavement, searching the sound waves for anything out of place: anything that pulsed as if it were alive, in a place where move everything else was a robotic kind of melody. She couldn’t hear or feel her opponent, but perhaps they were out of range...

The sound came from her own body too: every moment, every shift of clothing rippled with dispersing power. It trembled on concrete and sand, but more so on steel: steel which Gallium was now walking on top of. A metal city, an adamantium sky. Her footsteps left ripples in the air, that sent tiny shockwaves splintering back up her feet and into her diaphragm.

Gallium opened her eyes, heart still pounding, echoing with power. He considered climbing upwards, but... that might take her away from contact with the ground, and... Well that was a fool’s first lesson really, wasn’t it? That sound travelled so much more easily through solid objects. Still the weapons were meant to be up there... did she need them?

She considered her options for only a moment. Then she turned, and began to follow the oil river. Not too close, let’s see if they show themselves.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Sidrat examined the rubble of the ruined room. All he had destroyed was another machine. I grow quite tired of all these robots, they are quite distracting. I need a way to lure in my opponent. He walked outside and looked around the city. Perhaps if I collapsed a building and set up an ambush nearby, perhaps not yet I might need those buildings later. The cyborg spotted a river of oil. This will do.

Sidrat sent a small bit of fire at the river, causing a blaze which was soon spreading along the whole river. If that does not get their attention than I will have to start knocking down buildings, for now however I should prepare. Sidrat climbed to a higher vantage point and once in position readied his weapon. When the opponent came to investigate he would end this with a single attack of metal and magic.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:09 pm

She heardfelt the fire before she saw it. 'Oh...kaaaaay. Well if he wanted my attention, he has it.' The blaze rose high almost immediately, and by the time she had returned to the river the fire rose high to whiten the metal walls of the river banks. Gallium had used the sound of a forest fire before: they were... unreliable alone, cracking and breaking as they climbed higher. Their impact as a weapon was more like splintered glass than anything. It was difficult to draw their vibrations in and use them before they died out. You could do it, though, if you had the skill.

'He can't have drawn my attention like that just to let me gain an advantage. And I still don't know exactly what I'm up against... except for the fact that it can set fire to rivers, because that's really all I need, isn't it?'

She could use more time to prepare, but the odds of her getting that lucky were somewhere in the lower keys. He was drawing her in. First things first: Sheilding... The sounds of the fire were brittle and unreliable, but Gallium reached out a hand towards the blaze anyway, drawing the vibrations in and pulling them back, pressing them to her heart. In it's own way, the sound of the fire was as hot as the flame itself, but she was used to pain.

There was a pause of a few painful moments, as she allowed the vibrations of the fire to synch up with her own heartbeat, before amplifying it to coat her body in a single constant pulse: a shield of vibrations extending around her. The problem, was keeping the vibrations fed to keep them going. Not to mention using it to make an actual weapon. That meant she had to make sound.

She resisted the urge to groan. Okay so it wasn't precisely the most elegant of techniques, going around singing all the time, not to mention there was the fact it would alert the enemy immediately. But she had been hard pressed to find something that worked better in all her years.

So she opened her mouth and the singing began. It echoed against the buildings and came back to her, slowly building upwards, a wall of vibrating energy. That was the nice thing about her abilities: potentially every sound in the world was a weapon. Including her own voice. She began to follow the river.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Sidrat was certain the fire had caught her attention. Now I must simply wait and...what is that? It was a song echoing throughout the buildings of the city. Sidrat was really starting to lose his patience Why is my opponent singing? I send up a clear signal to where I am but they do not even approach. It would be acceptable if they sang and approached but if they are approaching it is at no notable rate. Surely the council could have sent someone else to play a game of cat and mouse. Sidrat sighed In any event my next course of action is clear

Sidrat immediately set off jumping from on building to another following along the path of river towards the sound. It did not take long before he spotted a being walking alongside the river. Let me see if this one is my opponent or another meddlesome robot. The cyborg gathered up his power and sent out the mystically equivalent of a radar pulse. It was a risk since the opponent might be able to sense it but not enough of one to not do it.

This one is most definitely a human and with some power of her own. I cannot predict the powers of one such as this therefore a test is in order. Without further to do the cyborg focus his power and telekinetically threw her towards the blazing river.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:53 pm

The attack hit her somewhere between the second verse and the chorus.

Why was it always between the second verse and the bloody chorus? The musician in her would have been annoyed, if it weren’t for the fact that the attack had knocked the air from her lungs and cut her song dead. The next thing she knew she was flying. Her vibrating shield helped lessen the blow. The attack which struck her, judging from the ripples she now felt, should have sent her flying right back into the blazing river. Instead it only shoved her most of the way before gravity took hold again. She hit the ground and began skidding further backwards. Her shield burst out like a thousand barely visible insects, devouring the shockwave of the explosive attack, and cushioning her against some of the blast. She felt her feet skidding against the edge of the river, felt the fire blazing at her back.

Seeing only one other option, Gallium whirled around to face the fire and screamed. Not in fear, though. The sound burst from her mouth and coagulated directly in front of her. Rather than falling face first into a burning river, she hit something that felt like rubber and was shoved back. She hit the ground with a thud.

‘Owww...'

No time for forming a beat. She sucked in what she could of the sound that her enemy’s attack had made when it collided with her, adding it to her shield. The air around her was a constant vibration now, but she could see her opponent through the haze. No wonder she hadn’t felt his presence: whatever flesh he may have had once was now buried beneath layer upon layer of steel. He’d been like just another cog in the giant whirring machine that was the city. A robot? Cyborg? One of the two. And with...

‘...Magitech?! Is that even legal?’

It hardly mattered anyway. She drew in some of the very power he had thrown at her, sucking it into her lungs and expelling another scream, focussing the vibrations of her own voice downwards, and sent the shockwave hurtling in his direction.
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Sidrat was knocked backwards and off his feet by the attack Sonic based powers. How troublesome. This fight must be ended with more speed than I anticipated. He climbed to his feet. Staff at the ready. He immediately launched himself at the adversary. She was clearly prepared for his attack to fall upon her. Only to see the jump carry him over her head.

As Sidrat landed he pivoted around and slammed his staff into the ground opening a small fissure in the ground that raced towards his enemy. This was followed by summing a wave of freezing cold and sending it forward also. He stopped and gathered what energy he could from the fires now behind him. Sidrat then stalked forward, if the opponent survived the mystic assault he would charge and finish her off with one blow.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:07 am

By the time the energy of the first magical onslaught cracking the ground beneath her died away, it had taken the force of the unpredictable shield Gallium had created with it, and thrown her off her feet. The ice that followed hurtled for her while she had barely a few slithers of sound shield left to protect her, and that was buffered away by the second attack. ‘Damn it, he’s fast!’

Energy never disappears; it can only be converted, changed from one form to another. A fraction of the creature’s attack had been given out in sound: that power she could steal, take as her own, but ice didn’t make all that much noise, and she didn’t have time to amplify what she had stolen into a full shield. It was like being thrown against a solid ice wall, and all she could do was try and lessen the impact. The scream she let out this time was almost as much in pain as it was for strategy. It hurt like a bitch. The ice cold biting and chewing at her shielding before ripping through as she struggled to channel it around the edges of her broken shield.

‘Thank goodness for that pain threshold. Magic, machines for brains, size... damn it; he has all the advantages here...’

She spat out a fast rhythm of tunes, allowing the vibrations of her words to sooth the pain in her skin, and allowing her to stand. By the time she was on her feet, he was stalking towards her, and all she had to protect her was the shield of her own voice.

...And the ground beneath her feet.

Gallium swallowed, risking ducking down to press her hands to the pavement, drawing in the faint vibration of the city, the echo of the fire, dragging it up in front of her like a shroud, adding it to her shield. Please let that be enough...’
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 pm

I will waste no more time with this. Sidrat saw the sound Mage pressing her hands to the ground. It does not matter what you do it will not be enough. The cyborg charged in, his staff already moving in a killing stroke.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 am

‘Change of plan!’ Gallium thought as the robot charged. But she couldn’t avoid this, and he could move with enough force to crush a cart. Instead, Gallium twisted, letting out a shrill nose and wrapping herself in the blanket of noise. Using her opponent’s weight, she dodged, the staff's power grazing her skin as she clamped one hand over the back of its head, feeling its power sting. She focussed inwards. ‘Just a few seconds, kill or be killed.’

The noise was incredible. Everything creates sound, was one of the first things she learned. All those little sounds add up, and those sounds make up the mantra of the world. Maybe one day I’ll be able to sing it... The world just knew where sound was meant to go, but she had had learn.

There were a thousand tiny, continuous little noises going on inside the robot’s body, metal whirring against metal and... Yes. There was the thump of a heartbeat, the most beautiful of music. ‘Cyborg, then, not android. Good to have that clarified. If I have to kill him I should do him the dignity of knowing what he is. Wish I could ask his name.’

She picked up every tiny scrape of noise from inside the metal shell, drew it to her heart and began to amplify. What began as small vibrations within ten seconds became a force so violent it was painful, charging up and down her arms. The strength of it could shatter glass, unscrew bolts, and tear circuitry. She took all the sound of the body, its magic, its heart, the earth that rattled where it stood. Then she turned that power back in a single, piercing blade directly to the cyborg’s brain, heart and anything else that looked as if it needed to be stopped quickly. His power burned her, but the shield of vibrations she had created was just enough. Besides, she had a back up, one last thing to give her the power she needed...

She added her own voice to the mix, hung on tight, and poured everything she had into the song, letting it pierce right through to the cyborg’s core.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:26 pm

By the time she could feel her hands again, the sun was setting, and a tiny, slightly hysterical part of her brain said it was about time. It had felt as if it was on the verge of doing so ever since the arrived. Behind her the fire burned hot, blackening the air, like a funeral pyre in her home town.

The area around the cyborg was burned too, a bizarre mockery of a blast shadow. She knew he was dead without having to look closer. She couldn’t hear his song anymore. Gallium let out a breath, allowing the last of her sound shield to die away with a sigh.

The body was dead, but she could remember the song. It was still there, imprinted inside of her. She had heard it as she killed him, the echo of everything he was.Something to hang onto, maybe. A song she might use one day if she, for example, ever had to deal with a bunch of angry androids. At least that gift wouldn’t go to waste.

‘Shouldn’t just leave him here... maybe I should... right.’

A city of steel, a city of heat and flames and electronics. It was sort of fitting, really. She got shakily to her feet, watching as the sun gleamed against a painted metal skyline, and perhaps in some vague, and slightly disturbing means of penance, an idea that this SHOULD be done, she pushed the androids body into the flaming river he had created.
Scarab

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Winner: Scarab

Battlefield Reset

New Champion

Next fight coming soon
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm

In a flash of light, Genndy appeared, standing atop one of the city's many elongated skyscrapers. "Wow." he said, basking in its awe. "This is what humanity can achieve?”
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Eli was warped to the outskirts of a metal city. The sky itself seemed to be made of steel as a slow drizzle encompassed the metropolis. bit gloomy, I wonder if there's anything to eat here

Eli walked the dull streets, seeing nothing but building after building, dull chrome on shiny aluminum. *clap* Bending down, Eli made a short staff, taking a strip of the expensive metals with her to play with later.

I wonder who I'm fighting this time? Eli wondered as she ducked into a building to wait out the storm.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 pm

As rain began to pour, Genndy noticed a door leading into the skyscraper. Better head in, he thought. I don't want to get wet. He pulled out his mallet, and entered the immense building.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 pm

The building was HUGE... and tall.
I want to get a look at the city from up high... maybe I could find some stairs o- Eli found herself standing in front of an elevator. Pushing the appropriate buttons, she began to slowly rise through the bowels of the gigantic building.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 am

Genndy sat against the wall, glaring at the offline vending machine across from him. I feel like I've been waiting for days, he thought. How long until this "Eli" gets here? He had better be worth the wait. He proceeded to smash open the vending machine, grab a bag of "Salt and Vinegar" chips, and wait, munching irritably on his newfound sustenence.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:22 am

Crappy Jazz music played as the elevator rose slowly. ... I think the stairs could've been quicker Eli huffed, annoyed at the crawling pace of the elevator. Suddenly the elevator came to a grinding halt as the doors opened to-Floor 83...that is not the roof. Might as well explore though Stepping out of the elevator, Eli was confronted by a floor littered with empty wrappers and broken glass, a broken food vendor, and a boy leaning against the wall staring straight at her. Oh hey, I guess it's my opponent.

"So, uh...you come to this place often?" Eli said as she moved into a fighting stance.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:10 am

"No," Genndy replied, pulling out his mallet. "I was just waiting for my opponent. Admittedly, I was expecting someone more... masculine, but this works too." He dashed up the stairs to the roof, and released a shockwave behind him with his mallet, demolishing the stairs. Alright, Eli, let's see what your powers are...
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:20 am

"Masculine? What the hell's that supposed to mean?" Eli said as she saw the stairs collapse. Well there goes the quick way up. He can't be planning to- "Ah, screw it."

*clap* Eli touched the ceiling and sent spikes shooting from the floor of the roof, ragged quills popping out of every available space. Maybe this'll show him.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Genndy hurriedly hopped atop his hammer as the roof turned into a spike-laden trap. Great, he thought. I can't fight like this. He leapt off of the building, and shouted "Tier 2! Gatling Mallet! Parachutes!"
The wooden weapon transformed into a barrel-guarded Gatling gun, and proceeded to fire out four parachute to slow Genndy's fall.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Eli watched her opponent gently float to the ground, buoyed by four parachutes that had comeFROM HIS MALLET?! What?! Shaking her head in confusion, Eli looked at the collapsed stair case... Well, I guess there's only one way down

Stepping into the elevator, Eli climbed through the escape hatch to the roof of the car, *clap* Let's see this thing fly Eli touched the gears and released them, sending the elevator into free fall.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Once Genndy reached the ground, he was surprised to find Eli already waiting there. What the-‽ How did she-‽ Never mind, it doesn't matter.He aimed the Gatling Mallet at Eli, parachutes still attached to the barrels.
"Wind!" The parachutes were promptly released as gale force winds blasted outwards, launching the cloth nets in Eli's direction.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:29 pm

*clap* A strip of metal was torn from the street, providing a barrier from the nets. What the hell kinda power's that?! WIND?!

"Hey, Mallet-guy, never caught your name. I assume you have one, or at least HAD one." Eli called from behind the barrier.

*clap* Indentations began to spread throughout the street, collecting the rainwater that was steadily falling.
eli_gone_crazy

Next

Return to Roleplaying