Skypirates (future RP)

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Skypirates (future RP)

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Hundreds of years into the future the planets surface has been made unlivable due to heavy use of chemical warfare during the Final War. Humanity has moved to the sky's above the toxic clouds, now living in massive floating cities and moving between them with massive airships known as Dreadnoughts. The people of the world are kept under the oppressive fist of the World Government and their police force known as Round Table, they have thousands of ships and mecha known as Flight Frames to make sure the world stays under their command. Some cities are forced to live with substandard food supplies and power due to the greed of those in control of the Government.

From the disfranchised masses rose the Pirate Confederation. They would steal food and other supplies going to World Government fatcats and distribute it among the poor. Without the Pirate Confederation and their ships people in the lower colonies would have been destroyed by the World Governments greed long ago. In a world where Pirates are heroes and the Government can't be trusted it is up to those who are strong to protect those who are not. Skypirates, live free and soar to the heavens.

In this RP players would be the members of the newest of the Skypirate fleet. Each player would have different jobs. Prehapse one is good at raiding ships and taking down armed guards. Another is a pilot who can fly a ship like no ones else. And maybe another pilots Flight Frames like an ace. You would have to decide.

Players would pick their own missions from the Pirate Federation database ranging from intercepting World Government Dreadnoughts to going after criminals with bounties on their heads.

This RP will not be created for quite some time, not until people have a little more time on their hands. Until then this will just be up for discussion and peoples imaginations.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Skypirates (future RP)

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 pm

OK, now I need to figure out how to get timehax in this.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

ONE PIECE! IN THE SKY! :gurt:
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Just throwing this out here now. Pixel, you know exactly who my character is going to be a massive reference to, don't you?

CAPTAIN MINAMITSU MOTHERF**KING MURASA. PREPARE TO RECEIVE LASER-ANCHORS TO THE FACE.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Guyshane on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:36 pm

OH GOD ANOTHER RP *signs up*
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Blurred_9L on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:38 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:Just throwing this out here now. Pixel, you know exactly who my character is going to be a massive reference to, don't you?

CAPTAIN MINAMITSU MOTHERF**KING MURASA. PREPARE TO RECEIVE LASER-ANCHORS TO THE FACE.

Why am I not surprised by this sudden development...? :geek:
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Nah. Actually, in all seriousness, I'll probably use an original character. But only because I don't think I could fire laser anchors in this setting... T_T

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:41 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:Nah. Actually, in all seriousness, I'll probably use an original character. But only because I don't think I could fire laser anchors in this setting... T_T

I don't care WHAT the setting is. Timehax all the way. It's been too long since I used it.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Wait, something that's NOT fantasy? :D Finally! I've been waiting a while. Also, I've got a friend interested in some of the RPs here, and he was kinda annoyed with three fantasy storylines at once; this should be some good incentive to join anyways.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I read this, and think, FIREFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By which I mean, I have to do this. You can't take the sky from me. :gurt:
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

This sounds fantastic! I'm imagining a character who is something of a World Government apologist. Taking care of all humanity is hard, you know? It's only to be expected that the people running the system are occasionally led astray.

And Qara, I totally thought of Firefly, too.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 pm

I was thinking Final Fantasy XII.

...I should get that game someday.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:08 pm

My other option would be to bring in an AU counterpart to Alister Dalton Black...

But I want timehaxx, and Xana got my hopes up with Chain Wars. Oh, better/worst-idea-ever! Alister Dalton Black with timehaxx...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JRPictures on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I read this, and think, FIREFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By which I mean, I have to do this. You can't take the sky from me. :gurt:

Dammit I was gonna say that but moving on I'm totally in

I'm totally making a character like Captain Mal Reynolds by the way.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby RationalThought on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 am

Seems rather interesting - I love fantasy, but Sci-Fi is good as well. And pirates.
Trout. Trout everywhere.
RationalThought

Postby Victin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 am

Pixelmage wrote:ONE PIECE! IN THE SKY! :gurt:

I just noticed... We ALL will try to get in. And that includes me. Spac-Sky Pirates, here I COME!!!
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 am

I suppose I'll play as well, when the time comes.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Story Update

Before the war a new power source known as Infendium was created that would never run out. It allowed people to remove their need for any other source. Of course any kingdom that didn't have it (it has been about a two hundred years and most recorded history of before the war was lost) went to war with the ones that did have it. Soon enough the war came to the point where the kingdoms began to fire off their most powerful weapons, poisoning the Earth on which they lived forever. The only option left to them was to take to the skies in their massive floating cities powered by Infendium. Now the only things that walk on the ground are mining robots and mutants.

The cities people live on are massive chunks of the Earth held afloat by massive float units. People are able to grow things on it thanks to the advanced techniques their forefathers had created when making the new living places of humanity. Of course living over what amounts to a giant energy reactor has some... effects. Some children were born with Infendium energy running through their bodies, this branch of humans became known as Envokers. Depending on how much energy ran through them they could perform different feats. Some of them were stronger, some faster, some smarter, some could even control the energy inside of them and use it in battle. It was also found that Envokers could plug themselves directly into their machines using their energy, increasing their performance beyond human measures.

Okay so throwing that out there. Soldiers and Mech Pilots are recommended to be Envokers in order to increase their normal chances of being awesome. Through anyone can be an Envoker if they want to be and will be added as a stat to the final character sheet. Also yes all ships are equiped with Infendium float units, this removes the need for fuel but means the mechanic is an even more important role as he will be the only one with knowledge of the ships engine

Also because this post is being used for updates as GM I also reserve the ability to strike anyone with a non-serious illness. This is a realistic game so every once in awhile your character is going to come down with a cold or might get sleep deprived
so just wanted to make sure that was out there. Anyway that should be all for this update.

Edit: The higher your power percentage the more adverse effects you will receive
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lordxana0

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:40 pm

HELL YES! I'M A FREAKIN' NEWTYPE!

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Sweet. I have... some interesting ideas now.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JRPictures on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 am

Yeah I'm definitely being an envoker and controlling a mech
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:51 pm

So any chance there is still interest in this?
Lordxana0

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm totally interested.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Guyshane on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Still interested
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Indeed.
Endless Sea

Next

Return to Roleplaying