First RP Sign ups two spots

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

First RP Sign ups two spots

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:33 am

Post character sheets here
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: First RP Sign ups two spots

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 am

Name: Korra
Weapon: everything (well, elemental things... but matter in general)
Powers:
Avatar State: It can be activated by two things: immediate danger to the avatar (like, holyshitimgoingtodie)
or it can be activated at will by a fully realized avatar. In a fully realized state, their eyes just flash blue, then turn normal again so the danger becomes minimal. A fully realized avatar is capable of drawing from the knowledge and experience of her past lives, enabling her to do many varied and powerful attacks. (For example: Avatar Kyoshi created an island, Avatar Roku stopped a volcano from erupting) Note: if killed while in the Avatar State (glowing blue eyes) Korra's line would die forever. Her soul would cease to exist for all time.
Elemental Control: Fully trained avatar. Korra is capable of manipulating all four elements: Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. These are manifested through martial arts as a medium to transfer the energy and actually manipulate each element. Each element has its own style, and Korra has trained in all of them. Only fire is created out of nowhere, earth air and water all have to be present in order to be used.
Spiritual Connection: Korra is bound to the universe and its denizens. She acts as a messenger between the spirit realm and reality, keeping a balance on both sides. As such, she can council with spirits and her past selves to solve problems.

Note: Just went through to better flesh out her abilities. (I guess I assumed more people would have seen it? :oops: )
Last edited by eli_gone_crazy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:40 am

Application for the first RP! (sorry, put this in the wrong place at first)
Hawkin.png
I couldn't find an image that worked, so I made my own on Windows Paint. Yes, I know it's awful. *angrily dares anyone to comment*
Hawkin.png (19.88 KiB) Viewed 1712 times

Name: Jonathan Hawkin

Age: Physically, about 24. He's at least a hundred years older than that, though, and doesn't age.

Weapons: He carries a dagger, though it's not primarily for offensive purposes. For attack, he relies more on his...

Powers:
  1. Fire: He can conjure and cast fire. However, this is a power he has to use with care and good aim, since fire is very harmful to him.
  2. Summons: He can, and usually does, call into being a ghostly-in-appearance but corporeal animal, which is totally under his control and is generally suited to attacking his enemies. In theory, he can Summon any animal, but in practice, he defaults to his Hawk (it's actually more of a falcon, but he and his friends call it a Hawk because of the pun on his name) or, to a much lesser extent, a pardalus (Latin for a panther or other great cat-- in this context, it's "larger than a lion, built like a tiger, colourless as a panther"-- but don't expect him to Summon it, or anything other than the Hawk, unless he's got a good reason).
  3. Nether realms: He can transport himself with a thought to a different plane of existence called the nether-realms, and from there with a thought back to any specific location of his choosing in the real world. In theory, this allows him to pull himself out of a tight spot or to apparently teleport; in practice, it's something of a gamble, since a) time passes differently there, so the switch can never be instantaneous; b) he has serious enemies living there; and c) after spending any amount of time in the nether-realms, he has to let blood shortly after or he'll get... uh, ill (that's why he carries the dagger).
  4. Sight: He sees with his power, not his eyes (which is good, since physically he's blind); he can sense everything that's around him, the shape and location of it, what it looks like. Since it's magic, not physical eyes, doing the seeing, he sees what's really there-- behind him just as much as in front, provided it's within his range-- and can't be fooled by illusion.

Hawkin is dedicated to fighting evil, if only to prevent himself from becoming it. He doesn't need to eat, although he likes to; the only things that can actually harm or kill him are fire, and prolonged exposure to the tainting influences in the nether-realms (which he counteracts by letting blood which he then burns from a safe distance). He dresses casually, and generally covers the two black holes in his face where eyes should be with a sleek blindfold or a pair of dark glasses.
Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:37 am

Name: [REDACTED], the Guiding Voice in the Shadows (commonly abbreviated as the Dark One)
Age: [n/a; due to spending real-world millennia imprisoned beyond normal space and time, but over ten thousand years old at least]
Weapons: Trench knives (All forms), jian (all forms except true form and Myrmidon true form), morning star (deity form), flanged mace (deity form)
Powers:
  1. Transformation: The Dark One’s ascension to patron war deity of the Eclipse Empire in his backstory altered his physical form to allow for his increased magical ability, allowing him to transform his body to meet whatever requirements the situation demands of him. Besides his more surveillance-oriented forms, he has three basic combat modes (one based on elemental magic, one on arcane magic, and one balanced between both), as well as his deity form, which requires time and an immense amount of magical power and focus to keep active, but tremendously boosts both magical affinities.
  2. Arcane Proficiency: The Dark One can manipulate the flow of arcane energies throughout the fabric of reality, allowing him a limited range of abusing and ignoring the laws of physics and such for fun and profit. Powers include but are not limited to: opening portals, reshaping matter, casting fireballs, etc. Generally, these powers are reduced to extremely specific behaviors in the form of separate and distinct spells, only one of which can be active at any given time, but deity form allows him to push the boundaries of those behaviors.
  3. Elemental Shadow: Unique for his kind, the Dark One possesses the ability to manipulate elemental shadow, being able to shape it to his whim via his weapons, fire blasts of darkness, absorb and melt into shadows, and generally do fairly versatile things with the power that normal spells wouldn’t let him do, even with deity form.
  4. Semi-Physical Spirit: The Dark One’s spirit manifests as a shroud of shadowy dust that surrounds any of his forms besides deity. Killing him requires both the physical body to be destroyed and the essence to be too scattered to reform; an exception is deity form, which requires the Dark One’s spirit fully intact and thus is missing the shroud.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby agoraoptera on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Name: Decen Del Irus

Weapon: Strings.

Powers:

Strings- He can project invisible non-physical lines and attach them to objects, people, etc. Tugging on the strings, obviously, results in attached object being pulled to him. Typically, he uses ten strings, one for each finger, but in desperate situations, knees, toes, elbows, anything can be used to anchor a line.

Inertia- He can stop anything that he, or his strings, are in contact with. While the object stays in the air as long as he is in contact with it, it preserves momentum. For example, if he stops a ball mid-flight, then lets it go, it'll continue flying as it was. If he taps at the ball, the force accumulates and then the ball will change its trajectory when released.

Darkness- Apart from manifesting as a fancy visual effect, leaking from his orifices, he can transmit the cold darkness across the strings. This takes time, but when the shadows reach the target, the target may be affected in one of various ways. For example, frostbite, depression or necrosis. Of course, direct contact works even better.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby RationalThought on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:41 pm

Name: Morden, commonly referred to by his title, Darth Imperius.

Weapon: A red lightsaber. Pretty ordinary, but can serve as a focus for the Force.

Powers:

The Dark Side of the Force: As a Sith whose specialty lies in his knowledge and ability regarding use of the Force, Imperius is a formidable opponent in combat. His specialty lies in the use of Force Lightning, which he has used to create storms and a Chain Lightning-style effect, among other effects. In addition, he has minor healing and shielding abilities using the Force.

Force-Walking: Using Dark Side rituals, Darth Imperius has the ability to bind the ghosts of others to him, either through force or mutual agreement. The ghosts bound to him increase his connection with the Force and the raw power he is able to use - in addition, sacrificing a ghost can bring him back from the brink of death, which is good for surprises - though that revitilization is only temporary, seeing as it is keyed off borrowed power.

Description: A tall, thin man, with neatly-combed and parted brown hair and striking green eyes, usually sporting stubble, with a slave brand upon his left eye. He is left-handed, and usually dresses in formal Sith robes. Imperius is unusual for a Sith - as he dislikes unnecessary, inefficient bloodshed. He prefers to operate via alliances and growing a base of loyal followers - who he does not kill for minor failures. Generally calm and collected, he has an intense dislike for those he deems 'wasteful' or 'treasonous' - especially those who try to expand their own power at the expense of the grander design.
Trout. Trout everywhere.
RationalThought

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Sign ups close on Tuesday, voting will be held privately to decide who makes it in.
Lordxana0

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Breakdown of voting
Eli-3
Qara-2
Agora-2

Second round of voting begins. All current players send me the PM's I need. only vote for Qara or Agora
Lordxana0

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:31 pm

The two players who will make it into the next arc of Infinite Realms are

ELI AND QARA
Lordxana0

Postby agoraoptera on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:55 am

Oh hey, didn't see that. I *was* gonna say that Imma pull out anyway, but guess it's a bit too late for that :lol: Grats Eli, Qara :D :D :D
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 am

...oh, I haven't replied to this yet! Um...

...alright, this is probably gonna make me sound like a sore loser, but I'm still kinda vexed by the winning characters. :/ There's a bit of ego and vanity involved in my own submission's case, yeah, along with plans for the Dark One being crushed fairly efficiently, but Agora's shadow puppetmaster was probably my favorite character of the lot, and RT's personalized Sith Lord certainly had some merit (and he's a real-life friend, so yeah), whereas the accepted characters ended up being some guy with powers all over the place and a carbon-copy avatar. Not saying there isn't cool stuff that could be done with them; I just didn't like them nearly as much. *shrug*
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Return to Roleplaying