RRR: Retribution/Resolution/Redemption

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

RRR: Retribution/Resolution/Redemption

Postby TheJester on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Art from Deviantart.

In the age of man, before the time of recorded history, there lived a race; a demonic race. The creatures lived peacefully with humans on their plane of existence, a land called Talmyron. There peace was short ended, when the humans began invading all over the world and sealed away the creatures forever more. Thousands of years later, the seal has eroded and Talmyron has been awoken. Mankind prepared as the creatures come to invade, and claim there revenge. The year is 2103 and mankind has failed. The only countries still standing are Germany, The United States of America, The United Kingdom, The United Peoples Republic of Communist Asia (Korea and China), and Japan. Humans now rely on creation of their own weapons to fight the monster's that come through Talmyron.

From the Maniacal Mind of the Jester, comes the Sci Fi RP of a lifetime.

The following RP will make heavy use of Imaginative Realism, an idea I have been perfecting. All of the creatures that come through Talmyron will be of YOUR creation. During the RP, you can create a demon to fight of your own creation that will express characteristics you have made. For example, say someone posts this...

"Suddenly, a huge dragon appeared in the sky. It was black and had a skeletal structure. It cried like a howling eagle and breathed a green fire that destroyed tanks and humans alike."

That person has just created his own monster within the narrative.

All weapons your character has will be solely created by YOU. Your weapons must be very detailed on the character sheet and not be too powerful. Wanna create a lightsaber? Go ahead! Machine Gun Laser Shooter? GO AHEAD! Interplanetary Remotely Activated Plush Doll? W-wait what? Whatever, GO AHEAD!!!

You can be a part of the five countries I listed in the above area. However, I would like to give you descriptions of these countries.

The United States of America-Currently being invaded by the Talmyrons. The Government has almost completely shut down and many fighters are relegated to resistance movement status. Militia's are all around the southern portion of the USA and are classified as highly dangerous due to the influx of Militia members and Talmyrons.

The United Kingdom-The United Kingdom has its own military fighting force. All characters who are in the United Kingdom are originally fighting and will be starting over in Russia, fighting Talmyrons.

Germany-Also has its own military fighting force. All characters starting here will start out in Russia, fighting Talmyrons.

Japan-Also has its own military fighting force. All characters starting here will be starting out in South Korea, fighting Talmyrons and the UPRCA.

United Peoples Republic of Communist Asia-Due to a belief in dominance after seeing the erosion of many countries, the UPRCA is fighting both the Talmyrons and the Japanese, for conquest over all of Asia. The UPRCA has an extremely strong, loyal, and huge fighting military and are a force to be reckoned with against Talmyrons and humans alike.

The current character sheet is as follows...

Name:
Weapon (Be as detailed as possible):
Personality:
Background:
Extra (Anything to add):

I will be releasing the Character Sheet tomorrow if fate allows it. The reason I am not doing so now is because I might not have covered everything in this Char Sheet. Any suggestions as to what to add are welcome before official release.

Oh and BTW, I'm back ;D

Any questions?
TheJester

Re: RRR: Retribution/Resolution/Redemption

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Ah, yes, the ancient horde of demons that were once taken down but are now re-invading to take their revenge. I've been seeing that a lot these days... >_>

Anyways, kinda seems not that defined at the moment in terms of setting and plot. I get that some of it is intentional, but there's still too little for me to go on to be interested yet. Sorry. :/
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby TheJester on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Ah, yes, the ancient horde of demons that were once taken down but are now re-invading to take their revenge. I've been seeing that a lot these days... >_>

Anyways, kinda seems not that defined at the moment in terms of setting and plot. I get that some of it is intentional, but there's still too little for me to go on to be interested yet. Sorry. :/

Anything that might need to be added? I will do it right away.
TheJester

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 pm

TheJester wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:Ah, yes, the ancient horde of demons that were once taken down but are now re-invading to take their revenge. I've been seeing that a lot these days... >_>

Well, the thing is, you seem to be leaving most of the worldbuilding or so on up to us, so I'm not really sure how to work around that. *shrug*
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby TheJester on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Endless Sea wrote:
TheJester wrote:

Well, the thing is, you seem to be leaving most of the worldbuilding or so on up to us, so I'm not really sure how to work around that. *shrug*

No need to. All of the countries of the current Earth apply. The only difference being, hording demons, armageddon incarnate, and only 5 of those countries remain.
TheJester

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:21 pm

TheJester wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:Well, the thing is, you seem to be leaving most of the worldbuilding or so on up to us, so I'm not really sure how to work around that. *shrug*

No need to. All of the countries of the current Earth apply. The only difference being, hording demons, armageddon incarnate, and only 5 of those countries remain.

Yeah, and beyond that, you're leaving the details to us, which is the issue. You're essentially giving us a wireframe for the RP and putting the players in charge of getting the remaining materials and putting it all together. From the looks of things, we're supposed to do that, and I can't really think of anything I can suggest that wouldn't fall into that category or interfere with it somehow.
Endless Sea

Postby TheJester on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Endless Sea wrote:
TheJester wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:Well, the thing is, you seem to be leaving most of the worldbuilding or so on up to us, so I'm not really sure how to work around that. *shrug*

Yeah, and beyond that, you're leaving the details to us, which is the issue. You're essentially giving us a wireframe for the RP and putting the players in charge of getting the remaining materials and putting it all together. From the looks of things, we're supposed to do that, and I can't really think of anything I can suggest that wouldn't fall into that category or interfere with it somehow.

I suppose re-working will be in order. Most parts of what I had envisioned will stay, such as demon creation. However, I will make steadfast changes.
TheJester

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:55 pm

So... There are incomprehensible demonic beings invading a modern world and causing the apocalypse, and Japan is a major player amidst the survivors... And the world, major organizations, equipment, technology, and enemies are all defined by the players...

Jester, do NOT tempt me to create NERV and start plotting Instrumentality. 'Nuff said.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby TheJester on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:10 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:So... There are incomprehensible demonic beings invading a modern world and causing the apocalypse, and Japan is a major player amidst the survivors... And the world, major organizations, equipment, technology, and enemies are all defined by the players...

Jester, do NOT tempt me to create NERV and start plotting Instrumentality. 'Nuff said.

What is that saying? Oh yeah... GO AHEAD!
TheJester

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Instrumentality, you say? Okay, now I'm slightly more interested. :P
Endless Sea

Postby TheJester on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Instrumentality, you say? Okay, now I'm slightly more interested. :P

Anything my friend. ANYTHING!
TheJester

Postby JRPictures on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:08 am

AMimsyBorogove wrote:So... There are incomprehensible demonic beings invading a modern world and causing the apocalypse, and Japan is a major player amidst the survivors... And the world, major organizations, equipment, technology, and enemies are all defined by the players...

Great now Mimsy's Gendo.

I wonder who Shinji is?

(Note: I still havent seen NGE or any of the Rebuild films)

As for this RP you have my interest but since I'm running a Humongous Mecha RP on tv tropes right now I might be a bit busy to sign up for this now.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby TheJester on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 pm

JRPictures wrote:

Great now Mimsy's Gendo.

I wonder who Shinji is?

(Note: I still havent seen NGE or any of the Rebuild films)

As for this RP you have my interest but since I'm running a Humongous Mecha RP on tv tropes right now I might be a bit busy to sign up for this now.

I understand, due to the business of some people I will postpone the character creator indefinitely. As for right now, any suggestions are welcome.
TheJester

Return to Roleplaying