Super Heroes for All RP

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Super Heroes for All RP

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:06 am

The year is 2XXX and everything appeared to be fine in the glittering city of Exceed. Sure they had there share of troubles. Super villains, evil scientists, crooks, mad magicians, the normal things. Luckily the city was blessed with Heroes of the highest caliber, brave, noble, standing up for all that was good and just!

But then one day a bright light rained down from the sky and every hero who had defended the city disappeared in a flash, leaving the city defenseless and without hope. Villains began to have their run of the city, destroying everything and taking whatever they wanted.

That is until Utopia Corp stepped forward picking from the city the most noble and brave of its inhabitable and offering them the wonder drug "Miracle Maker" which would unlock the hidden potential inside normal people and give them access to their true power. Now sponsored by Utopia Corp to protect the city these heroes will be put to the test. Their powers will start out small, but the more they do, the stronger they will become.

Fighting to make a better today, today.

So yeah that is basically the pitch. Players would be picked from the community by Utopia Corp for being brave, smart, and unlikely to turn evil on them. That doesn't mean you can't have harsh backstory's, it just means you have to make it so your character would be chosen for this honor. Characters can be equipped with anything that seems reasonable (so no rocket launchers or anything like that). Powers range from the basics (fast speed, super strength, hard to damage) to magic, science, and all that fun stuff. Players would start out weak with their power due to it not being brought out naturally but would slowly grow with time and effort.

Missions will range anywhere from an obvious superhero vs villain smack down to delivering a PSA at a school about gang violence, or holding a rally at the park to boost the cities moral. Basically missions will be large and diverse to allow multiple people and character to enjoy the game. That is my piece, I will throw up a mock character sheet and see what reactions are. And ideas for first level powers. If you have your own idea post it up and it can be talked about.

Powers: Super speed(imagine Flash but half speed), super strength(average car), Flight (not really anything to say about it), etc.
Magic: Basic spells (nothing too crazy, maybe like a spell book or something, not really weak and pathetic, but not a 'does anything spell')
Intelligence: Knowledge of machines, technomancy, quick learning etc.

Name:
Power:
Weapon:
Costume:
Bio:

Update: The city that the RP takes place in is built in a Half circle with three "Rings". The center of the circle is where most of the factories that provide basic material are. They are built far enough away from the ocean so that those who wish to own beach homes would be uneffected by the factories stench, but close enough so workers can walk from their lower end houses to the beach without having to use the monorail systems. The next ring is where the more middle class people live. This is where people with office jobs, people who own small business, and more high paying jobs live and do business. Imagine a bustling city basically. The final ring is where the wealthy people live and their huge corporate offices and labs stand proud, acting as a view of the city for people first arriving.
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Super Heroes for All (Mission Based RP concept)

Postby Guyshane on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 am

It just had to be superheroes. *goes off to make character*
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 am

Well, anything that could let me have science as my superpower should be fun. :mrgreen:

And I'm wondering about Utopia Corp. Sure, their motives seem pure, but when has company ever done something so altruistic? Oh, you can argue "they're doing it for the publicity" all you like, but I'm certain if we dig deep enough we'll find something sinister at the heart of it.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:17 pm

...Eh, there's a few things about the setting and whatever that just don't do it for me. Random light out of nowhere that does bad things, normal people being given a power drug so now they can be SPESHUL (oh god I've been reading too many sporkings), and, well, y'know, my usual complaints. >_< Sorry, man, it looks like it could go some really cool places, but I'm not too interested.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:29 pm

I like it. :D I'd play if I could.... and as far as believability goes, realism ended when you started with superheroes :P
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:32 pm

I like the idea as well. Bit overwhelmed with stuffs to do, so I'm not sure I could play it. But I do like the idea. Supers would be a good change of pace, and interesting to write as well, with the right set of constraints... *thinks about Watchmen*
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Re: Super Heroes for All RP

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 pm

I don't think I could write a heroic character willing to use a drug, even if it's supposedly a totally benign drug which just unlocks superpowers. Should be fun to read, though. :)
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Super Heroes for All RP

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:36 pm

I think I might be able to do something for this.... I have some ideas that would be cool, anyway. I'll think about it and see if I can produce a final idea.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Return to Roleplaying