Floating Castle - NPC Reference

It's a castle....and it's floating! :O

Moderator: Floating Castle Mods

Floating Castle - NPC Reference

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Please, don't post comments on this thread. Questions and comments should be taken to the discussion thread.

Many thanks to our bonsus beetle for taking care of this one. All the limes Scarab! :gurt:
Want to include an NPC in your post? One of them is mentioned in your quest prompt? Use this thread to get your information on who they are and who should you go to in order to get the information for writing them.

General rule of thumb: Make sure the NPC creator knows and ok's your use of them.

Alphabetical Index:
Last edited by Pixelmage on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Re: Floating Castle - NPC Reference

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Name: The Late King/Arthur
Created by: Pixelmage and Eli_Gone_Crazy
Allies: N/A
Enemies: N/A
Introduction: Quest 7: Déja Vu Day
Bio: Now here’s a mystery character for you. A letter found in a hidden temple implies the presence of a previous adventurer in the highest floors of the Castle many years ago. The Goblins too speak of their anscestors encounters with such a man. It’s theorized that he led the previous explorers, and may have been considered a King in years past but the scholars have yet to find proof of that theory.
Other Stories Appeared In:
Quest 8: Tiny Emissary
Other notes: Really, no idea who this guy is except for the obvious allusions.
Last edited by Scarab on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Name: Gwrtheyrn
Created by: Adell
Allies: None
Enemies: Hector Erastus, Ben
Introduction: Quest 3: Greed
Bio: Appearing in one of the earliest missions, Gwrtheyrn is a greedy, overzealous former Lord who attempted to take control of the Floating Castle, proclaiming himself King and enforcing his rule via the less-then judicious application of burly henchmen. He was thwarted by Ben and Hector.
Other Stories Appeared In: None
Other notes: Can be easily dealt with via setting a girl with a sword on him.
Last edited by Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Name: Adam (formerly "The Princeling”)
Created by: Pixelmage and Eli_Gone_Crazy
Allies: About half the citizenship of the castle for a while, there. Nobody now.
Enemies: Fade, Anjali
Introduction: Quest 4: Riot Squad
Bio: The Floating Castle attracts it’s fair share of schemers searching for riches and glory, and the Princeling is no exception. However upon arriving at the fabled Floating Castle to discover not riches, but one hundred floors worth of trials, monsters, and a slum, he turned his frustration on the town, using his slick tongue and manipulative skill to incite riots. He and his enraged allies caused a great deal of damage before being stopped by a mysterious stranger named Julius.
Other notes:
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Name: Gindred Vaulk
Created by: Endless Sea and Blurred
Enemies: Nature
Introduction: Quest 1: Wizard seeks food. Badly.
Bio: A master in his own mind (and pretty much nobody else’s), Gindred Vaulk is a quasi talented Mage though probably not as skilled as he thinks. he went missing in the forests a while ago and was tracked down and returned to civilisation by Darren and Curtiss.
Other notes: Can make lightning. It’s shiny.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Name: Yester the Goblin
Created by: Tohrinha and Blurred
Allies:N/A
Introduction: Quest 8: Tiny Emissary
Bio: The spokesman... er, spokesgoblin of the Goblin tribe that came to barter with the people of the town on the Second Floor of the Castle. He’s a shifty little guy and pretty clever so far as Goblins go.
Other notes: Has explosives. It’s all Darren’s fault.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Name: Black Zess
Created by: AMimsyBorogrove
Allies: Seire Kaitou Valefar
Introduction: Quest 9: Think of the bookworms!
Bio: The magically-inclined leader of a gang of thieves that took up residence on the wreckage of the Town Library. Seire and Morionem were sent to clear them out, only for Seire to form an allegiance with Black Zess who then left the library with his gang of his own accord.
Other notes: Former pirate. I guess the Floating Castle doesn’t have an ocean, though, so there's that career out of the window.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Name: Lori
Created by: Eli Gone Crazy
Allies: The LoreKeepers
Enemies: Unknown
Introduction: Has not yet appeared in text
Bio: The elader of the Lorekeepers who have taken up residence in the Town library. She has yet to make an actual appearance.
Other notes: ...
Last edited by Scarab on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Name: Legias
Created by: Pixelmage
Allies: The City Guard
Enemies: Lawbreakers and general miscreants, Julius
Introduction: The Post Quest 007 Setting Update
Bio: A strong willed, regimented woman who is the current leader of the formal City Guard.
Other notes:
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Name: Aydin
Allies: The City Church, Luca (?)
Introduction: Sidestory, by Adell.
Bio: A monk of the city order, who appears to be covertly assisting Luca and Asha with gaining information on the local Guilds as a part of a plan to claim more power for the church. The ends to which Luca is using him, however, remains to be seen...
Other notes:
Scarab

Name: Asha
Allies: Luca
Enemies: Hector Erastus
Introduction: Sidestory, by Adell.
Bio: A strange woman possessing great magical capability, including Runics, Asha appears to be aiding Luca in his schemes. Her appearance is unknown, as she hides her entire body with a mask and cloak.
Asha is later revealed to have something of a death wish which is enacted through her nudging her former friend Hector and his allies towards killing her. It appears this wish has been granted.
Sidestory, by Adell.
Other notes: Possesses the ability to create shadow ‘copies’ of any person she sees, and manipulate them as she sees fit. This is extremely high level magic.

Dead: Defeated by Tamar Delaney in Boss Fight 3: Famous Last Stand.
Last edited by Scarab on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Name: Tam Ayers
Created by: Scarab
Allies: Those who are paying him.
Enemies: Those who refuse to pay.
Introduction: Sidestory, by Scarab.
Bio: The Head of the newly formed Castle Blacksmith’s Guild, Tam is a rough, strong willed man, who nonetheless possesses a deep respect for the weapons he forges and is highly proud of his skills.
Sidestory, by Qara Xuan Zenith.
Sidestory, by JackAlsworth.
Other notes: ...
Last edited by Scarab on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Name: Luca
Allies: Asha, Aydin
Enemies: Hector Erastus
Introduction: Underground Floors Quest 2: Tempting Fate.
Bio: An enemy of Hector Erastus from his earlier life, Luca is a powerful swordsman with his own plans for the Floating Castle. What those plans entail remains to be seen. He also seems pretty keen on getting his hands on Hector’s sword, Ivory. followed him to the castle from the world outside.
Later revealed to have been plotting to unleash a powerful, violent magic that would cause the entire world to fall into chaos. Was defeated by his former friend and ally, Hector, when the power he sought to wield turned against him.
Sidestory, by Adell.
Sidestory, by Adell.
Sidestory, by Adell.
Other notes:

Dead: Defeated by Hector Erastus in Boss Fight 3: Famous Last Stand.
Last edited by Scarab on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Name: Hara
Created by: Guyshane
Allies: The Assassin's Guild
Enemies: Marcus
Introduction: Sidestory, by Guyshane.
Bio: A member of the Assassin's Guild which recently appears to have taken up a position in the Floating Castle. Hara is remorseless and openly threatening with no tolerance for small talk. She makes a point of threatening pretty much everyone Marcus knows should he tell anyone of their existence.
Other notes: She's probably not just mouthing off when she tells you not to f*** with her. I'd be wary of this one, she clearly has access to a great deal of power.
Last edited by Scarab on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Name: Elric
Created by: Guyshane
Allies: Marcus
Enemies: ???
Introduction: Sidestory, by Guyshane.
Bio: Owner of the local town Apothecary. Elric has a gruff attitude and is a self confessed miser, but he's generally good natured and is highly skilled at his job. He offers Marcus a job in his apothecary after Marcus demonstrates his skills at medicine.
Sidestory, by Guyshane.
Quest 16: Trouble Seeking.
Other notes: Potential source of medicine and medical advice. Players should consider him an option in the event of some forms of character injury should the Church be unviable.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sun May 05, 2013 8:46 am

Name: The Prophet (true name unknown) Created by: Pixelmage and Qara Xuan Zenith
Enemies: All the Guilds. All of them.
Introduction: Quest 17: You’re All Gonna Die
Bio: An apparent Psychic who has been preaching in town about the Guilds bringing an end to the Town, or some such rubbish. It later turns out he's receiving his information from an entirely different source.
Other stories appeared in:
None
Other notes: Maybe he's not a true prophet, but he appears to truly believe the danger posed by the Guilds. Better keep an eye on him...
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:52 am

Name: Aza
Created by: Agoraoptera
Allies: Eliziya
Introduction: Special Event 2: Civil War
Bio: A medical colleague of Eliziya's, and one of the few Zi trusted with the truth, and brought in to help when Hector was severely injured in the magically induced riots during the civil war. She has a brisk, but considerate personality, which seems fairly typical of most medical professionals around here who are not Eliziya.
None
Other notes: Hey, guys, we're sure gathering up the healers recently, haven't we? Just as well, I get the feeling we're going to need them!
Last edited by Scarab on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:01 am

Name: Tenzami
Created by: Lordxana
Allies: Jack, Kreiger
Enemies: Salvantas/Blank
Introduction: Special Side story: Many Years Ago
Bio: A cruel and vicious ringleader of thugs, and the one responsible for the murder of Salvantas's parents in his childhood. he has found himself in the Floating Castle for his own malicious reasons, and appears to have plans to move futher now that civil war has driven the city into panic.
Side story, by LordXana
Side story, by LordXana
Special Event 2: Civil War
Other notes: This guy and his allies are seriously bad news. Tenzami is hanging around with various nonhumans who have less than positive intentions, including a guy who takes pyromania to a new extreme level! Keep an eye on him, folks.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:05 am

Name: Rose
Allies: Salvantas
Introduction: Side Story, By Lordxana
Bio: A kind, whimsical girl, old friend of Salvantas from his childhood and current love interest. How much she knows about his split personality is unclear.
Side Story, By Lordxana
Other notes: Appears harmless.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 am

Name: Soren Kavros
Created by: Eli Gone Crazy
Allies: The anti-factionists.
Enemies: Pretty much anyone in a guild and the guard.
Introduction: Quest 21: Stepping on pictures.
Bio: Former officer of the city guard, Soren turned against the Guard and the Guild during the rage spell. he is cold and cruel, and quite willing to force people to abide by his ideals.
Quest 24:The Forest Is Dying, by Guyshane and Isla Kariese
Other notes: Currently held captive by Storm and Drive. Does not appear to understand the irony of what is essentially a very large guild to fight against the existence of guilds. Jerkass. Seriously.

Dead: destroyed by his own Shadow while held prisoner by Storm and Drive.
Last edited by Scarab on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 am

Name: Lorinicole
Created by: Qara Xuan Zenith
Allies: Ben
Introduction: Side Story, Old Friend - By Qara Quan Zenith:
Bio: An acquaintance of Ben from outside of the Floating Castle. Exactly how and why she got here is a mystery, but she seems a self assured, cultured and determined woman.
Other notes: Was created by Qara so I would suggest not underestimating her. Has good taste in tea.
Last edited by Scarab on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Name: Elisa
Allies: Salvantas
Enemies: That jerkass who stole her alter (The Vermin Lord, to be precise)
Introduction: Underground Story - By LordXana:
Bio: Eliza is a Succubus, which kind of brings to mind a lot of immediate assumptions that may not be entirely accurate. While not generally a big fan of the whole 'draining the lives of human males' thing, it was required in order for her to be accepted by her own kind. She jumped at the chance to escape with Salvatas after he broke through one of her illusions.
Other notes:
  • The traditional succubi feeds primarily on lust, but the Underground Floating Castle Brand have apparently expanded their diets to include a variety of other emotional impulses. I wouldn't assume being female gives you a free pass against her, either.
  • Yes Salvantas took the Succubus with him out of the underground. A succubus. Out of the Underground. I will not be held responsible for what the f*** happens after this, guys.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Name: Kevin
Created by: Qara Xuan Zenith
Allies: Lori of the Lorekeepers... I think. Severed Claw, Storm and Drive.
Enemies: The Underground. Anything in the underground.
Introduction: Side Story, For Science! - By Eli Gone Crazy: a
Bio: A newcomer to the city. May have been a former knight, although claims the contrary. Friendly and cheerful, if a bit doubtful of his own skill. Recently interacted with Lori in the underground wherein he got pushed into a magic waterfall, attacked by the now so called Liberation Army (these guys still don't seem to understand the irony of their own existence), and chewed on by a devillite. But it’s okay, it was all in the name of science.
Recently revealed to be Ben's betrothed future husband for political reasons. While fond of one another, this does not appear to be the outcome either of them would prefer. Currently a member of Storm and Drive under Ben's insistence.
Other notes: Exactly what he was doing in the underground is a mystery, seriously, guys, what is it with us and wandering willingly into death traps?
Last edited by Scarab on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Name: Comedy & Tragedy
Allies: Master "Cloth", identity unknown.
Enemies: Salvantas Londgium /Mr. Blank, Tamar Delaney
Introduction: Quest 030, For Topsy Turvy! - By Lordxana and Scarab (prompt by NarrativeDilettante).
Bio: A strange pair of children of roughly middle school age, characterised by their violently different personalities. Tragedy being consistently sad and seemingly on the verge of tears, and Comedy seeming to find everything hilarious. They serve the currently unknown enemy "Master Cloth", who mthey both appear quite enthralled with.
Other Stories Appeared In: Sidestory, By Lordxana.
Other notes: Both wear a theatre mask covering half their face, indicative of their respective personalities. They may seem childish but both of them are perfectly willing to kill, and they have extremely capable weapons for the purpose of doing just that. NB: During the most recent side story by Xana, Comedy and Tragedy have been fused into the same body by Master Cloth. Yes, that is just as disturbing as it sounds.
Last edited by Scarab on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 am

Name: Shard
Created by: Pixelmage
Allies: Unknown
Introduction: Quest 33, "What's this? What's that? What are you?" by Guyshane and Pixelmage.
Bio: Showed up on level twenty when Marcus went on a somewhat undirected quest to help Anji. Shade appears to deal in secrets and contests, and agrees to heal Anji when Marcus completes his challenges, but frankly, I trust this guy about as far as I can throw him.
Other Stories Appeared In: None so far.
Other notes: Well who knows? Maybe he can be trusted to help out here. Magical contracts tend to be somewhat... binding for the participants, right? But keep an eye on him, is all I'm saying guys.
Last edited by Scarab on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Next

Return to Floating Castle