Let's Keep This One Simple

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Let's Keep This One Simple

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Don't think "RP," think "Improv Game." I call this one...

You Have 30 Seconds to Convince Me You're Right for the Job

I'm Christina Conrad, CEO of Conrad Comestibles. You're all candidates to be my new assistant. This is your chance to impress me. Remember, time is money, so I'd advise you not to waste any.

All right, so the game works like this:

Anyone who wants to can sign up here. All posts in this game will be a maximum of 200 characters, and that INCLUDES character bios. (I realize there may be some confusion because the word "character" means two different things, but I trust you can work it out on your own.) The description up there? That's 190 characters. Spaces, puntcutation, etc. count.

The goal for each character is to convince Christina to hire them. She's very busy, so she hasn't bothered to learn anything more about you than what's spelled out in your character sheets. Everything about the game can be as wild or as mundane as you want. The only rule is "Yes, and...", that old improv maxim. Whatever other players say, you take it and run with it.

Oh, and this is going to be fast-paced. These posts are short the intention is to keep them quick, too. So you'll have 24 hours to post when it's your turn. There's no penalty for missing a turn, we'll just skip you and you'll get another chance to do something later. If, say, it keeps being your turn on a Saturday and you're not around on Saturdays, we'll try to work something out. The idea is not to punish people for not posting, but to keep the game running along at a quick pace.

I'd suggest you spend less time PLANNING than you spend REACTING. This isn't chess; this is Fluxx.

I figure if there's actual interest, I'll start this up in a week. Depending on how things go, I can imagine wrapping up "You Have 30 Seconds..." and starting up a different game with the same basic structure, possibly tweaking some of the rules based on what we learn.

And if there's no real interest, that's no big deal.

Clarifying edit: (Because Qara asked, so I figure other people might be wondering too) When I say "start this up in a week" I mean start PLAYING, so if you want to play, you can start posting your bios now.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Re: Let's Keep This One Simple

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Name's Madeleine Mitchell. Former Minister of Defense; experience with organising people, taking notes, and tanks. PhD in food. Fluent in English, French, and Hamster.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby agoraoptera on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:27 am

Name: Ragnar Golbasto Momaren Evlame Gurdillo Shefin Mully Ully Gue. Speaks in third-person. Cannot speak Norse. Can boogie. Experienced in drone. Was innocent in past life.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:56 pm

A note to say that so far there has not been sufficient interest to start this game. Feel free to post character descriptions if you want, but know things may not get started soon or, indeed, ever.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Return to Roleplaying