There Can Be Only One - Main Characters

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

There Can Be Only One - Main Characters

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:05 pm

This thread will serve to catalog all player and non-player characters participating in the Tournament at the start of the roleplay. Should the need arise, a separate thread will be created to catalog any important non-contestant NPCs, so don't put those here. The planning thread has also now become the discussion and information thread, so keep OOC conversations to that thread, not here. This is strictly for bios.

--- Bio Format ---

Code: Select all

[img]Character Image Here. Remove if there is no image.[/img]

[size=150][b][i][color=#BF0000]CONTESTANT PROFILE[/color][/i][/b][/size]

[color=#BF0000][b]----------[/b][/color]

[b][u]Name:[/u][/b] [i]Name Here[/i]

[b][u]Sobriquet:[/u][/b] [i]Any title your character might have goes here. If not, erase this section.[/i]

[b][u]Contestant Number and Block:[/u][/b] [i]Number and Block Here[/i]

[b][u]Race:[/u][/b] [i]Race Here.[/i]

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b] [i]Gender Here.[/i]

[b][u]Age:[/u][/b] [i]Age Here. If older or younger than he/she looks, list apparent and actual ages.[/i]

[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b] [i]Appearance description goes here. You must have this if you don't have an image. No saying you can't have both, though.[/i]

[b][u]Personality and Motivations:[/u][/b] [i]Personality description goes here. Be sure to explain what they hope to gain/do/become after winning the tournament.[/i]

[b][u]Backstory:[/u][/b] [i]Explain your character's past here. Be sure to include how they came to enter the tournament, obviously.[/i]

[b][u]Other:[/u][/b] [i]Explain anything else you feel like mentioning. Remove this section if there's nothing more you wish to say.[/i]

[img]Second Image here. Remove if there is no second image. Second image is ENTIRELY optional.[/img]

[size=150][b][i][color=#BF0000]COMBAT DATA[/color][/i][/b][/size]

[b][u]Power Class:[/u][/b] [i]Your character's power class.[/i]

[b][u]Active Power:[/u][/b] [i]Your character's main ability.[/i]

[b][u]Passive Power:[/u][/b] [i]An ability derived from your character's race and main ability. See my bios and the discussion thread for examples.[/i]

[b][u]Weapon of Choice:[/u][/b] [i]List whatever weapon your character may use here. If they don't have a defined weapon, detail their favorite magic spell, or whatever. Note that if your magic allows you to summon a weapon, it doesn't cost additional Total Capacity to maintain after creation, but it does require Limit Capacity to maintain.[/i]

[img]Third image goes here, remove if there is none. Again, totally optional, just for looking fancy and stuff.[/img]

[size=150][b][i][color=#BF0000]STATISTICS[/color][/i][/b][/size]

[b][u]Physical Ability:[/u][/b] [i]List your letter ranking here.[/i]

[b][u]Speed:[/u][/b] [i]List your letter ranking here.[/i]

[b][u]Magical Aptitude:[/u][/b] [i]List your letter ranking here.[/i]

[b][u]Total Capacity:[/u][/b] [i]List your number ranking here.[/i]

[b][u]Limit Capacity:[/u][/b] [i] List your number ranking here.[/i]

[img]Fourth Image goes here, again, completely optional, just for teh fancies.[/img]

[size=150][b][i][color=#BF0000]TECHNIQUES[/color][/i][/b][/size]

[size=135][b][i][color=#BF0000]TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Name of Technique here.[/color][/i][/b][/size]

[b][u]Technique Class:[/u][/b] [i]List class here - Secret Skill or Transformation.[/i]

[b][u]Technique Type:[/u][/b] [i]List type here, essentially the purpose of the skill - offense, defense, what have you.[/i]

[b][u]Technique Boosts:[/u][/b] [i]List the stat(s) increased by the Technique, and by how much.[/i]

[b][u]Technique Effects:[/u][/b] [i]Summarize what actually happens when you use your technique, aside from stat increases. Do you fire a giant laser? Summon a snake that fires a giant laser? Summon a gun that shoots snakes that all fire giant lasers?

Disclaimer: Techniques do not actually all have to result in the firing of a giant laser. Please use responsibly. This message funded by that A Mimsy Borogove for World Domination Foundation. Disclaimer-Disclaimer: The A Mimsy Borogove for World Domination Foundation does not actually exist. And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

On a more serious note, please be sure to describe what must be done to prepare your technique, and any downsides it may have in this section, like damage done to your body after using it, or whatever.[/i]

Future Techniques will be added in similar slots down here, but for now, don't bother with adding them until you've actually gotten them.

[img]Fifth Image goes here. Before you go "OHGODHOWCANIHAVESOMANYIMAGES?!" again, IT'S OPTIONAL. Remove if there is none.[/img]

[size=150][b][i][color=#BF0000]TOURNAMENT LOG[/color][/i][/b][/size]

Here's where you'll list the battles you've had/commentated over once the game is underway. I'll put up a format for that once we actually get to that point.

[img]Final Image goes here, still optional, blah blah blah.[/img]

--- Final Notes ---

The character roster is already on the other thread. Once everybody has their characters up, there will be links to each character listed there. On this thread, however, characters will be divided up by their creators. Since the bios will probably end up somewhat lengthy due to character count, I'm instating a rule that every user who intends to join must come in beforehand and reserve THREE posts, then edit their bios one into each. Don't worry, if you're not planning on using three slots, we can always have Adell, our friendly neighborhood moderator, remove the unused space once roles become more defined and everyone's character numbers are set in stone, or, if the bios get too long, we can keep the saved space to expand into if somehow we - read: I - manage to break the forum text limit with a mere character biography. I doubt that will be an issue, however, even for me, so please just ignore this rant as my paranoia. In any case, this setup will allow us to easily divide up characters by user, and will make it much easier for me to create a ToC on this thread with convenient links to each user's characters, giving us two easily accessible methods of sorting. Also for the sake of convenience, edit the Subject of each of your posts while you're editing in your bios, changing it from Re: There Can Be Only One - Main Characters to be your username, followed by the post number within your three reserved posts, and, if you're feeling particularly OCD, your character's name as well. For example, my posts would be labeled...

AMimsyBorogove - Slot 1 - Konjiki Kuzunoha

AMimsyBorogove - Slot 2 - Izo la Morke

AMimsyBorogove - Slot 3 - Rin Murasame

That'll make it even easier to organize. In any case, allow me to reserve my three slots, then reserve your own. Please don't go all at once, however, and if you see somebody else having posted before you, make sure to let them finish getting three before you do.

--- Table of Contents ---

To be added once everyone's bios are up.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

AMimsyBorogove - Slot 1 - Konjiki Kuzunoha

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Konjiki Kuzunoha

Sobriquet: Golden Vixen.

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 1 of Block A.

Race: Kitsune-Human Half-Breed.

Age: 417, meaning she has four tails, having gained one in addition to her initial tail for each time she reached 100 years of age and reincarnated herself. However, being only 17 years into her fourth incarnation, this makes her appear 17.

Appearance: It is difficult to describe the overall appearance of one who can and will change minor details of her form as she sees fit. However, throughout all of her varying transformations, many features remain constant about Kuzunoha's appearance. Her height is always generally five feet, seven inches, while her build is tall, lean, and slender, with most of her aforementioned height being provided by her long legs, giving her a runner's build. She seems rather doll-like and fragile at first glance, an impression which is rapidly contradicted by the surprisingly well built physique she hides beneath her deceptively thin frame. Her skin tone is somewhere between its original pale and being darkened by the sun's radiance, instead maintaining a healthy pink hue that is neither pale nor overly tanned.

Perhaps her most notable (Human) feature is her eyes. With a petite nose, ears, and chin, and soft, gently pursed pink lips, her rather attention grabbing gaze is, without contest, the centerpiece of her face. A bright green in hue, her twin emerald orbs, framed as they are amidst the flowing golden curtains of her long, straight hair, draw in the attention of those who look upon her almost immediately - that is, if her ears don't first. Poking up from the top of her head, her large, white and gold-furred triangular fox-like ears are very difficult not to notice, even amidst her waist-length cascades of gleaming blonde tresses. Similarly, the matching tail - or tails, depending on how many she feels like having at the moment, a number which can range anywhere from one to four at any given time - she possesses is also difficult to notice, as she has an almost comical tendency to express herself through various different quirks of these two inhuman features. If her ears are perked up, for example, it usually means she's happy, while if they and her tail droop lifelessly, it's a sign she's feeling sad. If her tail pricks up, she's on edge, and if it begins to dart eagerly back and forth, she's excited about something. Overall, one can tell more, perhaps, about her emotions by watching her ears and tail than they can by looking at her youthful face.

There are, however, a few other tell-tale signs of various emotions and actions that one can observe in her, and, based on what form she is in, one can tell a few things about what she is doing. First and foremost is the change that she undergoes when she begins actively using her powers. No matter how many tails she has chosen to manifest at any given moment, the instant she begins using her abilities, all of her tails will become visible. In addition to this, her eyes will turn a vibrant shade of yellow-green, and several crimson markings, the very edges of which are pictured in the first image above, appear upon her body, starting just beneath her eyes and running down the sides and back of her neck to form a series of concentric crescents and circles upon either shoulder.

Her wardrobe varies quite considerably, as shown in the images. However, general constants in her manner of dress are close-fitting, usually sleeveless jackets, as well as either pants or skirts combined with tall stockings, boots, or leggings, topped off with a pair of oftentimes mismatched, detached sleeves.

Personality and Motivations: At the very least, Kuzunoha could be called nominally polite, even to her enemies. Yet, despite her usually cordial, calm, and respectful demeanor, she is undoubtedly distant and aloof at almost all times, preferring to do things on her own than to involve others. In conversation with others, she usually remains quiet, never really saying much if she doesn't have to. Although it's pretty easy to tell that she's not a cruel or cold person, given her actions - she operates on a highly venerated code of honor that prompts her, among other things, to be highly reluctant to hurt others, and to honor her opponents' skills instead of mocking them or trying to overcome them through unfair or illegal means (although if an action is both within her power to execute and within the bounds of the rules, she won't hesitate to use more pragmatic means of doing battle) - and polite attitude, she is nevertheless rarely seen as a friendly individual due to her solitary personality. Quite simply, she has a goal, and doesn't want to let anything get in the way of achieving that objective. More than anything else, she is determined to win in the tournament, and so doesn't want to grow overly attached to anyone who might be fighting against her, so as not to hinder her when that battle comes. However, on the other hand, she also doesn't wish to make her opponents reluctant to do battle with her, as exploiting such a kindness in her adversaries would make the battles she must fight meaningless and cowardly, in her opinion. In short, she wants to fight her enemies at their strongest, and defeat them, with neither party being held back by sentimentality or reluctance.

But, to the surprise of most who actually manage to get to know her, Kuzunoha is actually a rather outgoing individual at heart. Cheerful, polite, energetic, and friendly, one might even call the Kitsune childish despite her tremendous lifespan. She enjoys simple things like games, music, and good food, something you wouldn't expect from such a confident combatant, nor from a person who enjoys battle so. Tremendously loyal to those she calls her friends, she's willing to do almost anything to help them out when they're in a pinch. Thus, given her devotion to those close to her, it makes sense that she'd be reluctant to befriend her enemies until after she's defeated them, as she would very likely be unable to bring herself to fight anyone she cared about.

Nevertheless, there is another reason why Kuzunoha does not like to socialize with others. Being originally from another world and only having come to Mythos under duress - see her backstory for details - Kuzunoha's greatest wish is to return to her home dimension, and to the family that she left there. Therefore, she doesn't want to make any ties that would prevent her from leaving Mythos, if given the chance. Therefore, in a way, her isolation is a defensive mechanism to save her from further regrets.

Backstory: Born in an offshoot of Mythos - a world based solely on Japanese mythology and history, which remained largely separate from Mythos due to the isolation of Japan during the Edo Period, preventing it from merging into the amalgamated world of other legends - Kuzunoha lived a life that might be expected of a figure in traditional folklore. Her father was a Human nobleman, a feudal lord of considerable standing. Respected by his allies and feared by his enemies, he had made a name for himself both through his harsh yet just lawmaking, his tremendous honor, and his overwhelming prowess in battle, distinguishing himself in all regards both in times of war and of peace. Yet, despite his renown, he remained unmarried until one eventful day. While traveling to one of his holdings, he came across a poacher who had dared to attack one of many sacred foxes that dwelt within the shrine of a local guardian deity: a Nine-Tailed Fox whose name had been lost to time. These foxes, renowned for their magical golden furs, were not to be harmed under penalty of the law, yet this hunter dared try to slay one of them and claim its pelt for his own. The young nobleman, who was a pious man of his own personal faith, was outraged by this poacher's actions, and came to blows with him, eventually striking him down for his crimes. However, he sustained several wounds in the process, and collapsed. When he awoke, he was lying inside the Kitsune land goddess' shrine, not beside the fox he had saved, but rather by the side of a beautiful woman with hair like burnished gold, who tended to his wounds and nursed him back to health. Traveling with him back to his castle, this mysterious woman became his wife, and ruled by his side for many years.

Eventually, however, the nobleman's retainers began to question the identity of the mysterious woman, who spoke nothing of her background to anyone. Their curiosity became outright fear when Kuzunoha was born with the shape of a Human, but the ears and tail of a fox. The mother had tried her hardest to conceal herself and her child, yet, weakened by labor, her powerful illusory magic slipped up, revealing both her own true identity and that of her daughter, forcing her to use her remaining power, disappear from that place and go into hiding, as she could not remain in the presence of Humans who knew her for what she was. Kuzunoha, on the other hand, with her Human heritage, was not bound by this same secrecy. Although the retainers were terrified of her, neither they nor her father could dishonor themselves by killing or allowing the death of an innocent child, a fact her mother had gambled on. Kuzunoha was thus raised in an environment of fear, but also one of kindness. Her father, regretting the loss of his wife, vowed to raise his daughter lovingly even if she was not fully Human. Because of this, Kuzunoha's identity was not concealed from her, and, in fact, due to her father's devotion, her mother would even return in secret each night to visit both her daughter and her husband. Thus, although her life was rather strange, to say the least, Kuzunoha was happy with her family, and was content to live in that way forever.

Unfortunately, to make a long story short, this did not happen. Kuzunoha, reaching adolescence, began to at last come into understanding of her powers, displaying the unnatural abilities she had inherited from her mother. But, unable to control these powers, she inadvertently began to harm those she touched, causing the retainers who yet lived in fear of her to at last rise up against her father's wishes, and chase her out. No longer being a helpless child and now being seen as a danger, Kuzunoha could be killed without staining their honor - so they reasoned. And, although her mother returned to come to her defense, the half-Kitsune and her parent were vastly outnumbered, forcing the both of them to flee. Sadly, her mother could not remain, even with her, as, being part Human and knowing her mother's inhuman identity, the Kitsune was unable to stay with her. Still, wishing to protect her daughter from harm, the Kitsune did the only thing she could: open the boundary between their own world and Mythos, and send her daughter into that world where the humans who hunted her could not go.

For several hundred years, Kuzunoha lived in mourning in the wilderness of Mythos, training herself to fight and survive in the dangerous environment she now found herself in. For some time, she despaired of ever seeing her family again. Yet, to her surprise, she eventually found that there was one way left open to her: a way by which she could become strong enough to travel both across dimensions and through time, and see her family once again. The Tournament of Trials. Thus, using the skills she had learned over her years in Mythos, she entered into the tournament, and prepared to fight for the right to, at last, return home...

Other: Nothing at the moment.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Concept Derived.

Active Power: The powers of a Kitsune, based on the usage of her spirit as a Youkai. Kuzunoha specializes in the shaping of latent energy known as Youki. Even as only a half-Kitsune, she possesses truly tremendous amounts of this energy amassed over her four lifetimes, and can utilize it in a variety of different ways. First and foremost, by channeling this spiritual energy through a physical object, such as a weapon or her own body, she can reinforce it, allowing her to make her body far, far faster, stronger, and more resilient than that of an ordinary Human.

On top of this, however, Kuzunoha's Youki has several other uses. By making it manifest outside of her body, she can generate an odd sort of bright golden flame that, strangely enough, rather than generating warmth, seems to consume it, adding nearby heat to its own energy with the side effect of freezing most things it comes into contact with. She can also alter the appearance of these cold flames, making them assume illusory shapes to trick her opponents. One of her favorite tactics is to use her tremendous speed to replace herself with a phantasm of this sort without being noticed, then allowing the enemy to strike it, only for the copy to shatter into chilling flames and wash over them. She can also, however, conjure incorporeal obstacles and the like to confuse her opponent, or simply manifest her Youki directly to attack her opponent. Being incorporeal, however, her Youki's only directly defensive properties are its reinforcement abilities.

There is one other application of her Youki Shaping, however. By disassembling her body into Youki and reshaping it, she can alter aspects of her appearance, drawing her appearance either closer to or farther from her true Kitsune form, such as concealing her tail and ears from view, or, at the opposite extent of her abilities, transforming all the way into a fox. Through this same means, however, she can also dissipate wounds into Youki and rebuild the injured area, allowing her to heal injuries if given the time. Alternatively, she could break down her entire body into Youki, then reform it at a location where more of her Youki already exists, a tactic she often uses as a sort of portal-like teleportation to swap out her real body for a fake at the last second. This, combined with her overwhelming speed, makes her notoriously difficult to hit.

Passive Power: Kitsune Nature. This power allows her to treat her body as though it is made of Youki instead of physical matter, as detailed above. In addition, it also makes her able to recognize illusions for what they are, even if she can't always see through them, as she herself is connected to the concept of illusions via the derivation of her powers.

Weapon of Choice: Pictured above, Kuzunoha has two "weapons" she often uses, although only one of them could really be called such. This is her sword, a broad, curved, single-edged weapon designed somewhere between a Katana and a Dao. This crimson and silver blade, thanks to the influence of her Youki, is unnaturally sharp and durable, capable of cutting cleanly through even granite with ease. Its edge is cold to the touch, and often leaves a faint, frosty mist in its wake.

The second "weapon" is her parasol, an oriental style red umbrella of neatly woven straw shown in the background of the first picture. Although it seems innocuous enough, it has actually been reinforced many times over by her Youki, serving as a tremendously durable shield despite its light weight. To the surprise of many, this frigid ward, aside from serving as a means of cooling oneself in the hot sun, is capable of deflecting sword strikes and magical assaults alike without even showing a scratch on its surface.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

Physical Ability: C

Speed: B

Magical Aptitude: C

Total Capacity: 10

Limit Capacity: 1

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Ghostly Field

Technique Class: Transformation

Technique Type: Misdirection/Field Manipulation Type.

Technique Boosts: Speed +1

Technique Effects: Upon activating Ghostly Field, Kuzunoha herself vanishes from sight as a cloud of chilling flames scatters in all directions, surrounding the battlefield. Inside this area, Kuzunoha hides from view, creating a literal maze made from her Youki, the walls of which cannot be breached or leaped over without exposing oneself to her frigid flames, making it difficult to navigate without continuously expending power to block the cold fire. At the same time, however, Kuzunoha super-reinforces her own body, accelerating herself even further than normal, and then begins constantly warping between the Youki in the walls of the maze, striking at an enemy from all sides while she herself is invisible and the enemy's area of movement is highly limited by the narrow corridors of the maze. Rendering her targets almost unable to dodge or even predict the course of her attacks, she releases a furious, fast-paced, high-speed assault, while remaining nigh-untouchable due to her constant spamming of teleportation.

The downside to this ability is that, although she can now teleport for free and is even faster than normal, while her enemy is placed at a severe territorial disadvantage and can't even see her, Kuzunoha cannot directly attack with her magic, as she is extremely focused on maintaining her boundary fields that make up the maze. Furthermore, even once the technique ends and she can use magic freely again, using it subtracts five uses of magic from Kuzunoha's Total Capacity. This, in turn, severely limits her spellcasting abilities for the rest of the fight, in addition to making it impossible for her to use the Technique if already tired.

----------

More techniques to come later.

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

Yet to be determined.

----------

Last edited by AMimsyBorogove on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
AMimsyBorogove

AMimsyBorogove - Slot 2 - Izo la Morke

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Izo la Morke

Sobriquet: Azure Saint of Blades

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 10 of Block B

Race: Perfectly Ordinary Human (TM)

Appearance: Standing at just over six feet in height, Izo is built somewhat powerfully, with broad shoulders, an upright, confident demeanor, and a somewhat muscled physique that most don't expect, given his seemingly lean build. With skin darkened slightly by a life spent largely in the out of doors, and scarred in a few places by previous battles, his body stands as testament to his lifestyle as a warrior. His rather unkempt dirty blonde hair and calm, almost tired expression might hide his true skill, but his piercing emerald gaze and upright posture do not. Then again, neither do the multitude of swords he usually carries on his person.

Clad at almost all times in the personal uniform both he and his sister wear, and carrying a multitude of swords at almost all times, he generally does strike a rather imposing image, even despite his quiet demeanor.

Personality and Motivations: TBA

Backstory: TBA

Other: TBA

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Concept Manipulation

Active Power: Manipulation of Swordsmanship. This power does not come through any sort of magic, however. Izo has simply become such a proficient swordsman that he and the idealized concept of a swordsman are now literally one and the same. He uses this power to supplement his own natural abilities with legendary feats of finesse and strength, and to animate his blades to fight for him, among other things. This latter ability works similarly to Rin's Aqua Sword, taking one point of Total Capacity to begin with, and requiring a point of Limit Capacity to maintain.

Passive Power: Through his fusion with an idealized concept, Izo has gained several perks. First and foremost is the ultimate level of Battle Continuation ability. Equally unhindered by fatigue, injuries, and debuffs of most, if not all sorts, he is capable of doing battle through sheer determination even in the most dire and hopeless of circumstances. In addition, Izo's conceptual nature also grants him an instinctive clarity of thought during battle, a perfect mental discipline that makes his focus on the battle nigh unbreakable, and allows him to see one step ahead of his enemies, if not further.

Weapon of Choice: Swords. Izo's main weapon, shown in the images, is a masterfully crafted nodachi nearly as tall as he is, usually carried over his back. However, he also carries a two pairs of matching blades at his side, and hung behind him from his waist - two sets, each consisting of a mid-length katana and a short wakizashi.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

Physical Ability: B

Speed: C

Total Capacity: 10.

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Soukyuu Kensei no Enbu ~ Saisho no Mai (Waltz of the Azure Sword Saint ~ First Dance)

Technique Class: Secret Skill

Technique Type: Sure-Hit Kill Attack

Technique Boosts: Speed +2

Technique Effects: The first of Izo's secret techniques, this assault consists of a rapid attack from each and every one of his five blades. Hurling a katana and a wakizashi into the air, he then instantly flash-steps to the target, embodying his nodachi with the concept of a blade capable of cleaving through horse, rider, and armor all in a single slash. Then, sweeping his blade upward with furious force, he carves straight through any barriers or shields that may stand in his way with a high-class armor piercing attack that is nigh impossible to block. Hurling his nodachi as he performs this attack, he thus strikes with such speed and force that his opponent is launched into the air even if the blade itself does not cut them, merely by the shockwave of the attack. But even as the enemy in knocked off the ground, the next attack strikes, as the thrown katana and wakizashi, animated by Izo's power, come spiraling in from behind, slashing in an X-shape across the target's back even as Izo flash-steps directly to his target, dealing the final two attacks as he draws his remaining wakizashi backhanded, hurling it into his target's heart, then immediately assuming an Iaido draw stance with his final katana, the blade at his left side. Drawing this weapon, he flash steps past his target, bisecting them precisely at the waist in a single slash, moving so quickly that it's almost impossible for him to even be seen. In fact, by the time his wakizashi pierces the target's heart, their legs have likely already been split from their body.

The advantages of this technique are that the concepts involved in the first strike make it nearly impossible to block successfully, as it will cleave through most shields, barriers, or weapons, and, even if the first blow itself does not hit, the sheer force will be enough to easily hurl the target into the air, preventing them from blocking the attacks from behind, which will in turn likely throw them off balance and doom them to be hit by the final two strokes. In fact, even if the first blow is dodged, its shockwave will only throw the target directly into the incoming blades from behind. However, there are nevertheless a few downsides to this technique. If an enemy is faster than Izo, boosted by the technique's power - which is to say, if an enemy has A Rank speed or higher - then they will easily be able to move away before he can strike, leaving him open in the wake of the first slash. Or, if an enemy is stronger than Izo - A Rank or higher - they will actually be able to resist the technique's shockwave, keeping their balance well enough to be able to block the subsequent attacks. And, if an enemy of equal strength to Izo has seen the technique before, they might be able to stop the attacks from behind, in turn buying them enough time to regain their footing and protect themself from Izo's final two blows. Therefore, the technique is only truly effective against opponents inferior to Izo both in speed and strength, or enemies who might be his equals, but have not seen this secret skill used before. But, even then, if the enemy has a Technique prepared, then they might well be able to use it to escape from Izo's otherwise sure-kill combo.

Other disadvantages are the costs of the attack: 3 points from Izo's Total Capacity, and, more importantly, causing his own nodachi - his main weapon - to weaken from the force of the initial attack, causing it to likely break in prolonged combat.

----------

More Techniques to come later.

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

Yet to be determined.

----------

Last edited by AMimsyBorogove on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AMimsyBorogove

AMimsyBorogove - Slot 3 - Rin Murasame

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:06 pm

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Rin Murasame

Sobriquet: Ascendant Cascade

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 17 of Block C.

Race: Undine, an elemental Water Spirit.

Age: Has the body of a roughly 19 year old Human, but is actually only about 11 years old - at least, in this form. Being an embodiment of an aspect of nature, she's theoretically ageless.

Appearance: The most asymmetrical person in the universe.

No, seriously. Look at the pictures. See what I mean? Death the Kid would have a freaking conniption fit.

Ehem. Standing at a modest height of five feet, nine inches, Rin possesses a rather lean, albeit reasonably well-built physique, with a build clearly slanted towards her limbs. Her skin is rather pale and smooth, giving her a somewhat deceptively young and fragile appearance that is quite plainly belied by the cold expression she wears most of the time, with her cold blue eyes narrowed and her lips pursed in a frown of distaste and distrust towards... well, just about everybody, really.

Her most notable feature is, without a doubt, her hair. For whatever reason, exactly one half of it is white, and the other black. It's quite likely that this is because of the duality in her latent abilities, explained in the backstory section. Given that, as a spirit, her physical form is more of a manifestation of her metaphysical nature, her dual sources of power have likely caused her duality of appearance, something which is also reflected in her outfit, which consists of a blouse that is half black and half white, over which she wears a black vest and skirt/tabard/whatever the hell that outfit even IS - trimmed cyan, with white lining. Topping this off with a simple set of black tights and matching black and cyan sandals, she is, indeed, the most asymmetrical person evar. Of all time.

Her only accessories are a simple utility belt, and a small, prismatic crystal in her hair. This latter item, although appearing to be a harmless ornament, is actually a large quantity of water ultra-compressed by her powers into a solid state, which she can unseal at will and use in battle. Her utility belt, meanwhile, contains several similar, smaller crystals of condensed water, just in case one isn't enough.

Personality and Motivations: Intensely aloof and cynical, and fiercely independent, Rin doesn't trust anyone, and hates to rely on others almost as much as she absolutely despises being told what to do. She wants nothing more than to be left alone and to rely completely on herself, with nobody bothering her or, worse, trying to command her. Tremendously proud, if it appeals to her own dignity and honor, she might help others, but only then, and almost certainly not out of any sort of feeling of compassion save under a few specific circumstances. Nevertheless, although she intensely dislikes the company of others, she has a tendency to support those viewed as the underdogs, having a surprisingly rebellious mentality for her otherwise stoic and seemingly indifferent character. She especially hates those who lord themselves over others, and might even be willing to - GASP! - team up to take them down a few notches. This is made somewhat hypocritical, however, by the fact that she herself acts rather arrogant almost perpetually, with a bitter and sarcastic demeanor that makes no pretense of politeness or respect for others, instead simply snarking at just about anything and everything, and treating most people like dirt.

In truth, this lingering hatred of others is caused by nothing less than Rin's driving motivation: to become strong enough that she never has to be beneath anyone ever again. See her backstory as to her reasons why. But, in any case, Rin wants to become peerlessly powerful, mostly for the sake of that power itself. She has a somewhat flawed view of strength, leading her to view it more as an end in and of itself, as though being strong will miraculously solve all of her problems. Then again, considering if she wins the tournament, she'll become a god... perhaps she's not too far off?

Backstory: Rin was originally a low, nameless spirit of the water, one lacking even physical form or identity. Conjured by a powerful sorcerer, however, she was promised a body, a soul, and, above all else, power, in exchange for submitting to follow whatever orders her master gave, under the additional condition that she never harm him. At the time, naturally, this seemed like a great offer. So, Rin accepted, and submitted to the service of the sorcerer in exchange for granting her power. This strength was enough to let her form a spiritual identity - a soul, essentially - for herself, in turn allowing her to create a Human body to utilize.

About six years later, however, this seemed, in retrospect, to have been a pretty bad way to go about gaining a true life. Her master was somewhat senile, and tremendously overbearing, having absolutely no compunctions about treating her like a slave, or, in fact, punishing her rather cruelly using the power he himself had imbued into her to tear away at her body. This didn't do any permanent harm, since she could just reform the water that composed her physical existence once he was done, but the pain was unbearable. At last, Rin became tired of being a slave. She wished to be stronger, to be someone who didn't have to rely on others to exist within the world, and didn't have to surrender her own will to that of another being simply because she was too weak to stand up for herself. And so, she rebelled, devising a plan to eliminate her master from the picture.

Although she couldn't harm him and had to obey his every order, Rin nonetheless actually found it rather easy to overcome him. Plugging her ears as best she could, she took her master by surprise and overpowered him, swiftly gagging him just in case and thereby doubly preventing herself from actually hearing whatever orders he might have tried to give. If she couldn't hear that he was giving her an order, then she wouldn't have to obey it. Then, before he could bring his magic to bear, Rin turned his own contract against him. He had, after all, promised to "give her power." Using this clause against him, as well as the connection between their souls, Rin absorbed all of the old wizard's strength before he could resist, adding his power over liquids to her own power over water, and creating her resultant ability set. Leaving him thus powerless to punish her or give her any commands, Rin fled, thereby escaping her servitude on a technicality.

From that moment onward, she focused solely on becoming stronger, adding other, bodiless Undines to her own existence and training her powers to expand her abilities and prowess. Naturally, however, when she heard about the legendary Tournament of Trials, she couldn't help but be tremendously interested, and, although perhaps not the strongest contestant within it, Rin is confident that her skills can yet bring her the victory.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Physical Manipulation.

Active Power: Manipulation of Liquid. However, Rin's power is greatest over water due to her Undine heritage, being capable even of manipulating it in gaseous and solid forms, but she can also work with other liquids, albeit much less efficiently, and only in their liquid states, as her power was only expanded to include this domain by absorbing her old master's power to manipulate liquids. This power also includes the manipulation of various properties of liquids - again, especially water - allowing Rin to increase or decrease pH, physical properties, etcetera, to achieve a very wide variety of effects.

Passive Power: Undine Physiology. Rin can treat her own body as though it is made of pure water, manipulating it just as she would any other liquid. Basically, her body is actually just made of water, but perfectly simulates the functions and inner workings of a Human body unless she wills otherwise.

Weapon of Choice: Rin's main weapon of choice is a sword made of condensed water, pictured below. By compressing either the water she carries on her person or the water into the air down to the point at which it actually becomes solid, she can create a truly fearsome variable-property weapon. Through tightening of intra-molecular and hydrogen bonds, Rin can render her solid water as hard as the toughest metals, and by reducing the flat of the blade to a single molecule in width at all points and then causing its edge to oscillate rapidly, she can make the blade capable of cutting through most things with ease, as well as causing the blade to be completely invisible to the naked eye from the side, as its edge is literally too thin to be seen. Then, by altering its shape, Rin can actually extend and contract it by absorbing water from or releasing water into the air, and puppeteer its movements at will, turning it into a variable length and size whipsword. For a final touch, she renders the edge of the blade either tremendously acidic or basic, causing it to, respectively, corrode most metals or rip apart biological matter like a hot knife through butter. So, in short, it can change length and direction at will, can block physical attacks quite effectively, and cuts through just about anything it has to, and you can't even see its blade coming towards you. In short, it's a truly terrifying, not to mention dangerous, weapon.

The Aqua Sword's power does have one major downside, however. To summon it, Rin must use a point of her Total Capacity, and while controlling it, she must constantly expend one slot of her Limit Capacity, making it difficult for her to use other magic at the same time.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

Magical Aptitude: B

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Ignis in Aqua

Technique Type: All-out Offense.

Technique Boosts: Magical Aptitude +1, Speed +1

Technique Effects: Rin's main finishing attack. Briefly supercharging her magical power, Rin showers the target and the entire area around them with a rain of ultra-condensed water in the form of crystalline needles, each of which is intensely acidic. At the same time, she slashes the air with her intensely basic Aqua Sword so quickly that it appears more like a single stroke from countless points along the blade rather than a series of attacks, wrapping the weapon around the target and carving precisely through each needle just as they strike either the target or the area around it. At the same time, Rin uses her abilities to sever all of the Hydrogen and Hydrogen-Oxygen bonds in the water vapor in the air, thereby causing a breakdown of matter that results in massive quantities of pure Oxygen being introduced into the environment just as a powerful base - the blade of the Aqua Sword - meets a powerful acid - the needles - which in turn produces a large quantity of heat. The end result is that the enemy is simultaneously struck by a rain of melty, razor-sharp projectiles, countless strikes from a whip-like sword that tears easily through flesh, and finally, a powerful explosion of flames.

The downside to this ability is that it breaks Rin's Aqua Sword to use it, leaving her disarmed for one turn in the aftermath of the attack before she can create a new sword. Also, an Aqua Sword is required to use this ability, and it can't be used in the same turn as the sword is summoned until Rin gains a Limit Capacity of 2 or higher.

----------

More Techniques to come later.

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

To be determined...

----------

Last edited by AMimsyBorogove on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AMimsyBorogove

RussetDivinity Slot One -- Canzade Ferramondo

Postby RussetDivinity on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:49 pm

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Canzade Ferramondo

Sobriquet: Lady of Ropes and Fire.

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 5, Block A

Race: Human

Appearance: Canzade has long red hair that she likes to let fly around. She knows how to work around it, so it uaually doesn’t tangle around her hands or get in her way. She has brown eyes and, though she doesn’t know it, the inner part of her iris becomes a few shades lighter when she uses her magic. She has fair skin and a few tiny scars here and there from magic tricks gone slightly awry. She is slender and tends to wear clothes that have lots of hidden pockets.

Personality and Motivations: Canzade is something of a wild card. She isn’t bad, exactly, but she has a wicked grin and a sense of humor to match. She sometimes treats her whole life like a stage show, and there isn’t much that she takes seriously. She isn’t even entirely serious about the tournament; if she won, she would toy with the idea of making everyone bow to her whims, but would finally decide on having a Renaissance of performers throughout the land, with herself known as the starting point.

Backstory: When Canzade was about thirteen, she ran away from home (it was a nice enough home, really) to join a traveling circus. The circus master thought he would keep her on at least until the next town, where she would finally be tired of playing at performing and run along home. What he didn’t expect was for the little redheaded girl to take to the stage as though she had been born for it. She started as a general worker: putting up sets, taking down sets, and doing any menial task someone decided to assign her. The current magician, called Finn, noticed her hands and decided to test her and see if she could be his apprentice. If nothing else, once she grew up a bit she could be a beautiful assistant.
Canzade was better than Finn could have hoped. She excelled at sleight of hand and added her own twist onto some of his old tricks. The only thing he needed to teach her was the banter, but even that became her own over time. Finn’s banter was friendly and cheerful. He treated the audience like they were his best friends and made them believe his smiles were for each one of them specifically. Canzade laughed at the audience. She made them expect one thing and gave another completely. After a while, Finn gave up trying to convince her otherwise and let her be sharp-tongued and as witty as she pleased.
When Canzade was eighteen, she left her current circus and wandered about as an independent magician. Audiences enjoyed her, and she became known in certain circles as “The Lady of Ropes and Fire” for a certain trick she did to impress unruly audiences. Stage magicians and other performers were becoming seen as mere charlatans and vagabonds, and she did her best to prove that they – and she – were artists. It was around this time that she heard about the tournament and decided she might as well sign up. After all, a lark was a lark, and she was getting tired of being mocked by people who had never seen the back of a stage.

For five years, she trained in various fighting techniques before deciding she liked the sword best. She kept other little weapons around her as well, hidden in her clothes: small knives, razor blades, specially sharpened playing cards, ropes, and equipment to start fires. During this time, she also discovered that some of her magic was more than just trickery. She could make small objects move as she wished them to. Coins didn’t have to be palmed; they could appear and disappear at will, although it tired her far more than sleight of hand. She practiced this skill for the year she traveled to the tournament.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Active Power: Canzade can manipulate various small items: coins, cards, blades, etc. She can cause them to appear in her hand, although it’s easier if she has them somewhere on her body beforehand. She can also cause them to appear on someone else’s person. Given her practice, it’s easiest for her to stick coins and cards in pockets. Putting blades in someone’s body requires moderate effort, and putting something physically within a body (a coin in the neck; a blade in the heart) is very taxing, and she has to be completely focused on what and where.

Passive Power: While it isn’t always helpful, she can determine exactly what she manipulates, from the year the coin was minted to the detail on the back of the card. This is largely in the back of her mind unless she wants to be really flashy.

Weapon of Choice: Canzade carries a sword, which she uses in melee fighting, but for distance work she prefers finger-length knives and razor blades.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 – Tamara’s Hands of Fire

Technique Type: Offensive

Technique Boosts: Magical Aptitude +!

Technique Effects: The name comes from a popular trick that involves the illusion of one’s hands being on fire. Canzade discovered a way to do it without needing any fuel except her own energy. Even though her hands won’t really be harmed and she knows this, she can still feel the fire, which sometimes causes her to lose control.

----------

Future Techniques

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

None yet

----------
Last edited by RussetDivinity on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

RussetDivinity Slot Two - Raza Windbourne

Postby RussetDivinity on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:49 pm

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Raza Windbourne

Sobriquet: The Nomad

Contestant Number and Block: Block 2, Number 14

Race: Elf

Age: Though she looks in her mid-twenties, Raza is actually a little over two hundred years old.

Appearance: Raza has dark hair and orange eyes. She is very pale and has the traditional elven features of being tall, slender, and pointy-eared. She wears simple, utilitarian clothing with pockets and belts to hold her supplies and pistols.

Personality and Motivations: Raza is very determined, sometimes to the point of being hard-headed. She tends to speak simply, without any flowery speeches that some would expect from her. She acts how she believes a warrior ought to, and if she wins the tournament, she will ask for her people to be given the advantage in their fight against the humans.

Backstory: Raza grew up with a rather militant sect of elves, who believed that the humans were destroying their land. From a young age, she was trained to fight and to be willing to die for her people and for the land. It took her decades to realize that gunpowder gave humans the advantage, and she was one of the first elves to willingly use a gun. The odds evened out, but not enough to satisfy her. Shortly after that, she decided she was unwilling to die in what seemed a hopeless cause, but she refused to give up the fight.
When she heard about the tournament, it seemed like the perfect way to win the war. Her first thought was to ask for the humans’ weapons to be taken away, but then she realized that she liked fighting with pistols. Her plan changed just before she entered the tournament.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Physical Manipulation

Active Power: Raza is able to manipulate her body so she can control her speed, metabolism, and other functions. She uses a combination of magic and training to make her body work exactly the way she wants it to. She hasn’t developed rapid healing yet, but she is able to consciously cut off the flow of blood to her extremities (she doesn’t trust anywhere else without blood) so she has a clean area to bandage.

Passive Power: Because of what she forces it through, Raza’s body must be very resilient and able to stand up to a great deal of stress. This applies to non-magical situations as well.

Weapon of Choice: Raza carries a brace of pistols and a great deal of ammunition. Because of her elven sight and years of training, she is able to accurately fire from both hands at the same time. Her accuracy naturally increases if she only uses one and has her other hand to steady it, but she prefers to dual-wield.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 – Face of the Enemy

Technique Class: Transformation.

Technique Type: Disguise

Technique Boosts: Physical Ability +1

Technique Effects: Raza uses this technique to transform herself into a human, or something between a human and an elf. It isn’t a “best of both worlds” scenario; while she becomes stronger after doing so, she loses some of her speed, agility, and eyesight until she turns back to her natural state. To make it happen, she must cut something off from her – she found, to her relief, that a few strands of hair was enough for a short period of time. The aftereffects include dizziness and nausea, sometimes enough to make her physically ill.

----------

Future Techniques

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

None yet.

----------
Last edited by RussetDivinity on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

Victin - Slot 1 - Suzaku

Postby Victin on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Reserved for Victin.
Last edited by Victin on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Victin - Slot 2 - The Jester (or not)

Postby Victin on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Reserved for Victin.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Victin - Slot 3 - ?

Postby Victin on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Reserved for Victin (in case I do happen to use three characters; otherwise, I'll ask a mod to delete this).
Victin

Genndy Oda C.O.G. - Slot 1 - Kylne

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Yes, I realize it's just a recolored picture of Yarne from Fire Emblem: Awakening. There aren't may male taguels to choose from.
CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Kylne (pronounced "kiln")

Sobriquet: The Lost Taguel

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 2, Block A

Race: Taguel

Appearance: Generally, Kylne appears to be an average taguel, having an athletic build, light armor (albeit armor with enough grass stains to form a solid green coloring), and copious amounts of hair.

Personality and Motivations: Kylne is a rather easy-going sort for the most part, trying to enjoy both life and the beings he spends it with. In battle, though, Kylne's instincts kick in, sharpening his mind for battle. Kylne hopes that through the tournament, he will be able to meet another taguel, or perhaps gain a new animal form. Winning and losing matter very little to him.

Backstory: While most taguels receive their animal forms via heredity or favoritism, Kylne was abandoned by his warren, and enjoyed every aspect of nature. As such he raised himself in the forests of Mythos, training all of a taguel's abilities to their finest. Now, he sets off towards the Tournament of Trials, in hopes of either meeting another of his kind, or perhaps gaining some new animal forms.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Concept-Derived; Fauna Theme

Active Power: Limitless Zoological Reformation: Kylne can assume a taguel battle-form based off of any animal he has met.

Passive Power: Animal Commune: The taguel can communicate with most seemingly unintelligible animals, from flies to whales, if they so wish.

Weapon of Choice: Kylne's primary weapon is Lighioană, A silver blade with a Beaststone set into the hilt. The blade is said to have been blessed by Mother Nature herself. However, Kylne can only wield this blade in his normal form. When assuming a battle-form, the blade instead becomes one with him, sharpening his claws/talons/etc.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Burbling Beast.

Technique Type: Offensive

Technique Boosts: Power+2, Magic+2

Technique Effects: Kylne assumes the taguel form of a fearsome beast he met in a more... wondrous part of Mythos's forests. However, due to the very nature of the beast he is trying to imitate, Kylne is temporarily driven insane by the incredible power and general madness of... The Jabberwocky

----------

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

----------
Last edited by Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Genndy Oda C.O.G. - Slot 2 - N/A

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Please delete this.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Genndy Oda C.O.G. - Slot 3 - N/A

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Delete this one too, please.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Guyshane slot-1 Lorenzo

Postby Guyshane on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:57 pm

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Lorenzo Kezier

Sobriquet: Gravity genius

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 18, Block C

Race: Human(Mage).

Personality and Motivations: A friendly if overly focused person who is extremely intelligent. He joined the tournament to test himself against the powerful and the unique.

Backstory: Lorenzo is something of a prodigy. from a young age he showed an aptitude for magic and was able to join the magic academy at 13, one of the youngest accepted in history. The test to get in was when he displayed his initial affinity for magic that warped gravity. He was trained for a number of years before going out and walking the earth. He cultivates the image of a dark mage but only because it makes bandits and idiots less likely to bother him. Over time he began to wonder if he was really as good as people said. He has joined the tournament to find out.

Other: He has a cat that follows him everywhere (which calls himself Hazeglow). It talks and claims to be his familiar but he doesn't remember asking for one. He also eats apples quite regularly. WHAT COULD IT MEAN?!? :P

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Physical manipulation.

Active Power: manipulation of gravity through magic

Passive Power: Since he is an academy trained mage he has all the training on magic theory and practice that an academy mage would have.

Weapon of Choice: A staff, good for channeling magical energy or hitting people over the head with.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Gravity well

Technique Class: Secret Skill.

Technique Type: Offensive.

Technique Boosts: +2 magic apititude.

Technique Effects: Throws a sphere of magical energy at the opponent or into the air. Said sphere will start drawing in nearby objects and people (I hope the audience is protected). said people and objects will swirl about the core for a minute before the core collapses blasting everything outward with its destruction. However such a powerful technique requires time to prepare during which the caster cannot move lest they lose the mystic energy gathered.After the technique has ended the feedback from the collapse leaves the caster temporarily disoriented

----------

Future Techniques.

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

Battles

----------
Last edited by Guyshane on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Guyshane slot- 2 Razahn

Postby Guyshane on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:58 pm

(psst...this is the image link for anyone who only sees part of the image: http://www.freakygaming.com/gallery/gam ... rdsman.jpg)

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Razahn

Sobriquet: A new challenger.

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 13, Block B

Race: Unknown, probably human

Age: difficult to tell since he never removes his armor, most likely in his 30s

Personality and Motivations: A honorable but violent warrior, he has mentioned revenge as a motive

Backstory: One day this unknown man emerged from a darkened forest, any who challenged him were slain. Those who sought to learn were rejected. One day he heard of the tournament which apparently caught his attention. Who knows why this masked man seeks victory. (Mimsy I'll send you a PM but I want to keep some of his backstory secret for now)

Other: He reminds people of someone but they can never quite place it.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Concept-derived; Dark knight

Active Power: Darkness/shadow manipulation (largely just for blasts or barriers)

Passive Power: Resistant to darkness or poison based attacks.

Weapon of Choice: His twin swords

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Dark Power

Technique Type: IOffensive (although it could potentially have defensive uses but that's me nitpicking)

Technique Boosts: Power +1

Technique Effects: Gains a dark aura. This aura can extend the range of his attacks, be used to turn invisible and allows for flight. The trade off is that his mystic powers are screwed up for quite a while afterwards as well as his strength taking a brief hit.

----------

Future Techniques

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

Battles

----------
Last edited by Guyshane on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Guyshane

Guyshane slot-3 Círmirwen

Postby Guyshane on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:59 pm

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Círmirwen (Cim, for short)

Sobriquet: The Pirate Queen

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 6, Block A

Race: Half-elf

Age: 75 which is about the equivalent of 22 in human years

Personality and Motivations: A skilled and snarky pirate. She loves the open ocean and has a soft-spot for street-rats and would do anything for her crew. She has come to the tournament because the navy has been closing in on her crew and she needs a way to get rid of them...at least for a time.

Backstory: Cim grew up on the streets never knowing her parents. She lived in a port city for much of her childhood until events forced her to flee. Luckily she received a message from some elven relatives who had found her. The first time she was on a ship was the voyage to the elven city. Her elven relatives always treated her with kindness but Cim increasingly felt as though she didn't belong. Eventually she left on a ship. Eventually that ship was captured by pirates. but the Captain took pity on her and she was made his apprentice of sorts. In time she became captain of the ship gathering a loyal crew and even visited her relatives on an infrequent basis. However Cim and her crew grew to infamous and were hunted by both the military and bounty hunters. She came to the tournament to gain enough power to fend off these new threats

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Concept-derived: Pirate

Active Power: Can use magic to summon attacks and defences based on things traditionally associated with pirates: Cannons, anchors, hulls, waves, etc.

Passive Power: Due to her elven heritage she has longer life, greater strength and more agility than a normal person would have.

Weapon of Choice: Her rapier, a matched dueling dagger and a brace of pistols

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Queen's wrath

Technique Type: Offense

Technique Boosts: Speed+1 Power+1

Technique Effects: Summons a ship mast out of that ground which lashes out with rigging tying the target up. Cim then stabs and slices with increasingly rapid speed, finishing with a final explosive stab.After the move is finished Cim is temporarily physically drained.

----------

Future Techniques

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

Battles

----------
Last edited by Guyshane on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Guyshane

Qara-Xuan Zenith - Slot 1 - Mouse

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 pm

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Mouse

Sobriquet: Pixie Witch

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 12, Block B

Race: Fairy ~ Pixie

Age: Age in human years: 190. Relative age in fairy years: about 28. Apparent age by human standards: about 14.

Appearance: Mouse is generally the size of, well, her namesake. (Though she can grow in size under certain circumstances. She is very pale, has bright green eyes to match her bright green hair which she currently wears in a spiky pixie cut, and of course has those lovely gossamer fairy wings.

Personality and Motivations: What motivates Mouse? Well, what motivates ANY fairy to do what she does-- a whim. The promise of entertainment, and a chance at causing mischief. Like most of her kind, Mouse will do just about anything for a laugh. She doesn't have those silly restrictions that other people call "moral behaviour". There's just things she can do, and things she can't do; things that are fun, and things that are boring.

She knows that tournament fighting is fun. She's out to prove that it falls under things she can do, and anyone who disagrees will have to be informed of how very mistaken they are.

Backstory: Mouse is fairly young by her people's standards, and proportionately easily bored. She got fed up with messing with humans because there's only so much mischief you can cause in the average suburb, and besides, all she ever got to drink was milk. Stupid brownies, ruining things for everyone else!

So she became a drifter. Wandered off, looking for fun things to do. She tended to shy away from other pixies like herself, because while no means shy by human standards, she is quieter than most like her, and the others tended to hog the spotlight. She couldn't have that.

Eventually she heard about the tournaments, and figured it would give her something to do. Something to stand out at. And, of course, a bit of a laugh, right?

Other: Nothing springs to mind at the moment... I'll keep this here in case I need to edit anything in, though.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Active Power: Manipulation of Sizes:

She can make things (including herself) larger or smaller at will. When she does so, she preserves EITHER total mass (and the object becomes more/less dense as it grows/shrinks) OR relative mass (meaning the density remains constant), but she can't combine the two in one go. That would be ridiculous.

Still, she has wings and she can make herself smaller whenever she wants. So she's... pretty good at dodging stuff.

Passive Power: Fairyhood. This means that she can theoretically cast a glamour on herself-- an illusion to make herself look different-- but why would she want to, when she already looks FANTASTIC? She can also recognize others of her kind, and recognize what fairy subdivision they belong to.

Weapon of Choice: She carries a tiny longbow, with needles for arrows. VERY SHARP needles.

Also she has a lovely collection of poisonous plants, but those are rarely useful in combat. Right? :)

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Seesaw

Technique Type: Field Effect Type

Technique Boosts: +2 Physical Ability

Technique Effects: Either Mouse becomes absolutely massive and her opponent simultaneously becomes equally tiny, or vice versa, as she deems appropriate. There are, of course, downsides to being either huge OR tiny... and, in exchange for choosing which end of the seesaw she falls on, Mouse cedes choice of maintaining mass or density (which will remain constant between the two of them) to the fates/ a sufficiently magic-aware opponent.

----------

Future Techniques to be added in the future I guess? that's why they're called future techniques.

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

.-.

----------

Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Qara-Xuan Zenith - Slot 2 - Raivisa Kuravit

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Raivisa Kuravit

Contestant Number and Block: Contestant 4, Block A? I think?

Race: Human

Appearance: Raven-black hair and almost colourless blue-grey eyes, very slim and lithe, about 5'5 tall.

Personality and Motivations: Raivisa is, well... she's a bit of a scary lady. She's very driven, and doesn't have the time for a sense of humour along the way.

As for why she's here? In part, she's got nowhere else to go. In part, it's only by proving herself in the tournament that she can win a chance at a life worth living.

Backstory: Raivisa has had a proper warlike upbringing; from an early age, she learned to snap to attention at her father's voice. She began training with the naginata when she was almost four, and by the time she was seven, she was able to defeat her older brother in the practice courts. A shy young woman, Rai had a habit of hiding her face behind her deadly fan whenever she found herself attracting admiring looks, which was often enough.

Shortly after her nineteenth birthday, though, she learned of her father's intent to sell her to the highest bidder-- or, rather, to marry her off for diplomatic advantage, which, in her time and place, equates to the same thing. Infuriated by this betrayal of their values, this abandonment of honour-- and, even more, enraged by his betrayal of [i]her[i]-- this time, instead of snapping to attention, Rai just... snapped. She swore to herself that never again would she allow herself to become someone else's pawn; if her world was to become a chess game, then she was determined to dominate the board herself, through force of combat for preference. So swearing, she took the family's ceremonial naginata from the wall brace where it hung-- its heft was more perfectly balanced, and its blade more true and sharp, than her own practice weapon--, tucked her shukusen into her sash, and set out to forge her own destiny.

In her world of pawns and players, games and goals, there was no place for a lone woman fighter, no need for a mercenary who cannot protect herself from political threats. It was while she hovered between the twin threats of unemployment and her father's men searching for her that Rai heard about the Tournament in Mythos, and she came to the conclusion that only by proving her prowess in this way once and for all would she earn the right to decide her own fate.

Other: I think her favourite colour is red. .-. I am probably forgetting something.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Concept-Derived

Active Power: Her heirloom naginata actually has the concept-properties, to a certain extent, of Amenonuhoko, the Jewelled Swamp Glaive used to create the world.

...Since Raivisa a) has no idea about this, and b) is not a god, this mostly just means that she can cut through liquid with it. Looks impressive, and also very useful if she happens to be in a swamp.

Passive Power: She's human. What do you expect? She's just really, REALLY good at combat, since she's basically been training since birth.

Weapon of Choice: She mostly uses her amazing naginata.

Of course, there are times when a big flashy polearm just won't do, which is why she has a shukusen tucked into her sash. A lovely, embroidered silk fan, with sharpened steel blades.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Heavenly Spear

Technique Type: Offense Type

Technique Boosts: +1 Magical Aptitude

Technique Effects: Right. So you know how I said she couldn't use her naginata to actually create things? Turns out if she tries hard enough, she can! Well, small things. If she slices through random stuff while she's undergoing this 'transformation', the flying shards can grow into copies of what they flew off of. If she cuts through a flower petal, the bits will sprout into flowers. If she slices through the water in a puddle, it could start raining.

Of course, Rai still has no clue that she's handling a magic weapon. She might have grasped that this can HAPPEN sometimes, enough that she knows she can USE it, but she's still very confused about the whole thing-- so anytime she uses this, her actual moves are going to be slow and sluggish for a while, as she tries to come to grips with what the heck is going on.

----------

Future Techniques will be added in similar slots down here, eventually, I guess.

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

.-.

----------

Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Qara-Xuan Zenith - Slot 2 - Angel of Ducks

Sorry-- perplexingly, I can't find any images for this one.

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Trev

Sobriquet: Angel of Ducks

Contestant Number and Block: Number 20, Block C, I guess?

Race: Angel

Age: Ageless. But when he looks human, he could pass for late forties/ early fifties.

Appearance: The Angel of Ducks goes about cloaked in a dark, hooded robe. Although he can assume the form of a duck at will, under the robe he generally looks like a middle-aged human, with greying hair and very dark, beady eyes. He's fairly tall, though not inhumanly so. He also always carries his staff of office.

Personality and Motivations: The Angel of Ducks is a friendly bloke, tries to muddle along, y'know? He's not generally the sort of guy to go in for combat for combat's sake, but after the regrettable incident with the Frisbee, he's been given to understand by Management in no uncertain terms that if he fails to demonstrate his competence in this arena, he will find himself unemployed. He doesn't want to lose his job. He LIKES his job.

Also his friend Gwen promised she'd make him tea and biscuits if he wins, and if you don't think that that's reason enough to risk one's life and dignity, then you clearly have never tried Gwen's tea and biscuits.

Backstory: The Angel of Ducks used to be an Angel of Death, supposedly. But after that unfortunate business with the skeletal horse, the crow, and all those unexplained eyeballs, he was "promoted" to a less-stressful field-- ducks.

Trev, however, managed to find what to stress over even in the relatively stress-free purview of ducks, and recently had to fast-talk his way out of the promotion track to being Angel of Funny-Looking Fish. The terms of the agreement were such that if he succeeds in the tournament, he gets the Duck portfolio back; if he fails, he loses everything. Even the Funny-Looking Fish.

Other: There is a lot I *feel* like mentioning. But none of it is actually relevant?

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Physical Manipulation

Active Power: Manipulation of Ducks. Um. He manipulates ducks? Anything duckish he can get a handle on. Also he can make ducks and/or rubber ducks appear. I think "Manipulation of Ducks" is pretty straightforward, to be honest.

Passive Power: Well, there's the whole Angel thing. He can manifest wings and/or fly if he really wants to, and he can understand the apparently absurd.

Weapon of Choice: He wields the Duckscythe. ...Basically a scythe the blade of which can cycle through two other forms, turning the weapon into a staff with a rubber duck on the end-- which does... duck-ish things... or a staff with a rubber fish on the end-- which is basically just good for whacking stuff bouncily.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Internal Retcon

Technique Type: Defense Type

Technique Boosts: +2 Speed

Technique Effects: With a snap of his fingers, he can "rewind time", making the events of a short period of time not have happened. Everyone involved in the retcon retains all memories of the canceled timeline.

Also he's really not supposed to use angel-powers like this while he's on probation, so he loses his passive powers for two turns after he uses this.

----------

Future Techniques will be added in similar slots down here!

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

.-.

----------

Note to Mimsy: Please feel free to shuffle my characters around between the three blocks, as you see fit/ as makes for the best narrative!

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: There Can Be Only One - Main Characters

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Reserved for my own evil purposes.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Ditto.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Just guess. :twisted:
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:40 pm

CONTESTANT PROFILE

----------

Name: Vincent Vasca Rosencraft

Sobriquet: Crimson Nightmare, Lord of Blood, Slayer of Nations

Contestant Number and Block: [Awaiting approval]

Race:Human

Personality and Motivations: Vincent believes himself to be above everyone and will not hold back in reminding you of this fact during a fight. He enjoys destroy his victims minds during battle and is quite effective at manipulating his enemies emotions. He also greatly enjoys causing pain in his enemies, as much pain as humanly possible. By joining this tournament he hopes to prove once and for all that his ''Blood Magic' is the greatest possible power in all world

Backstory: Vincent was adopted by a family of demons when he was born, his parents having abandoned him in a forest filled with evil creatures minutes after he was born. The demons raised him as their own, teaching him dark infernal magic and making his personality twisted and cruel. When he reached 19 years of age he killed his adopted family and used their blood to gain the full power of his magics. He proceeded to destroy the village that his parents lived in before going on to back a name for himself in many conflicts, always appearing to the side that had the greater chance of losing and aiding them. Once they had won Vincent would kill the weakened victors and walk away. He wishes to join this tournament to attempt to further empower himself.

----------

COMBAT DATA

----------

Power Class: Physical Manipulation: Blood Control

Active Power: The manipulation and control of blood that is infected with his magic. That is all blood that had touched his own in liquid form. He can use his blood in two ways. The first being hardening it into a weapon that is stronger then most steel weapons. Once they are hardened they are stuck in that form for five hours. Because these blood weapons are also infused with dark magic they can hurt some creatures that otherwise couldn't be. The second is the ability to use his blood in liquid form to infect others. If he can get his blood to touch another then soon their blood will become his to control as desired. He also uses his blood to use spells of different varieties.

Passive Power: Active Healing: Vincent can use his advanced control over blood to prevent himself from bleeding out. He can't stop blood loss forever, but he can hold it back and heal wounds on his body a bit easier.

Weapon of Choice: Anything he creates after he hardens his blood. He is proficient in the use of most basic arms.

----------

STATISTICS

----------

Speed:C

Magical Aptitude:B

Total Capacity:10

Limit Capacity:1

----------

TECHNIQUES

----------

TECHNIQUE LEVEL 1 - Blood God Transformation

Technique Type: Offense and Defense

Technique Boosts: Physical: +1 Physical

Technique Effects: When Vincent uses this technique he unleashes the full force of his magic and his blood will give him a new form depending on what he needs. The form he most enjoys taking is such that he grows two massive wings of blood and can be seen holding a scythe. The effects of being raised by demons becomes plain in this form, allowing the dark magic that they feed him upon to take control.. After a few minutes the effects die down, leaving Vincent without any extra blood and weaker then normal.

----------

Future Techniques:

----------

TOURNAMENT LOG

----------

None
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Scarab on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:00 am

Reserved for Scarab, I guess?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:33 am

Reserved for Endless Sea, presumably.

Tentative name/title: Demon-lord Lucitaph
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:56 am

Reserved for Endless Sea, presumably.

Tentative name/title: Revenant-king Ferranite
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Next

Return to Roleplaying