Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Postby Guyshane on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Gambi might have been dead once.....I think maybe, Oh no nevermind. He was just lost in time with an alternate version of himself for a while. Sounds about right for comic books.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:36 pm

So uh... I don't know if it makes sense to plan/discuss ahead-of-time who's taking out which enemies, but I figure it's worth a shot, so we won't have the first couple people taking almost everything out and leaving nothing left for the people at the end, or vice versa.

In terms of my own preferences, I'd like Hawkin to take out the shadowbeasts (or two of them, since I think eli said she wants one). Mostly because there's not much he can throw at the mechs, and he has no defense against the mooks. Of course, if numbers-wise this is uneven, I can burn through a couple mooks on the way, but... .-. (well, that's why I think we should discuss it first. :) )

(Also if someone else really wanted one, that's a... good reason to discuss, so I can rearrange my plan/ we each take one and hack at something else as well or something)
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:49 pm

We have the Mantis. The Chimera. And the 3 Chimera!Spawn. In total, 5 targets.

So, for example, say Eli takes the Mantis.
If Hawkin takes the Chimera to the splitting point, we then have 3 remaining big targets for everyone else.

I could try to figure out a full scale plan, but godmodding and stuff... I don't know what everyone wants.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Sabrac is focused on conserving power for when he is needed, so unless someone gets in trouble and he has to bail them out, he will probably stand back and blast anyone that attacks him directly, but that's about it. Probably all mooks, in this case.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Awww. I really wanted to fight the Chimera as Marisa. Had some epic plans for it, too. Oh well... >.>
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:29 pm

We could leave you some bits after it splits... it's just tgat Hawkin's going to be very underwhelming if he fights anything else.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Korra is geared for spirit beings. My initial idea was to just focus on one of the spirits, and take out as many mooks as possible to clear the field for everyone else
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Victin on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 pm

I think Isaac can try and take some of the benders, but he wouldn't manage to take many of them and probably would get into trouble :(
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Ulrich will take out some mooks

Edit: Third shadow beast added.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:01 am

Lordxana0 wrote:Edit: Third shadow beast added.

Hahaha, nice j-*checks RPG thread*-ARE YOU INSANE!? :o
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Eli has asked that her turn be delayed. Qara you are up.
Lordxana0

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:08 pm

I won't be able to work on anything until after Monday. Up to you if that means pushing me off as well, or just waiting till then.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Alright. So I just noticed it's my turn. Anybody mind if I take out one or two of the Chimera's pieces?

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:37 pm

OK, we officially have a problem. That problem is that Sabrac just went apocalyptic mode, and now EVERYTHING is going to die. I do mean EVERYTHING. So, uh, there might not be anything left for people to actually fight after I post, of either the city or the enemies.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Would you prefer if I stuck into character and made Isaac unable to beat Mom or if I made him able to beat her through a very hard battle? Which, by the way, won't be very well written because Mom's battle style doesn't fit well with writing, I guess. She just tries to step on you, summon creatures and shoot acid from her eyes. That's all. But since she's a giant I guess I could make something interesting work out if I went for more realistical battle instead of getting attached to the game.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Wed May 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Oh, darn, it's my turn now, isn't it? Well, give me a little bit. I'm currently trying to work out how not to collapse into a babbling mess in front of the entire class when I give this oral report tomorrow, and I may need an extra day to recover, depending on how much coffee I end up drinking and if I crash after class lets out.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Oh, darn, it's my turn now, isn't it? Well, give me a little bit. I'm currently trying to work out how not to collapse into a babbling mess in front of the entire class when I give this oral report tomorrow, and I may need an extra day to recover, depending on how much coffee I end up drinking and if I crash after class lets out.

Best of luck for you and may you avoid the caffeine hangover! ;)
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Thu May 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Feel terrible right now, and I can't be bothered to look up the turn order. What is it currently and where do I stand?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Thu May 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Feel terrible right now, and I can't be bothered to look up the turn order. What is it currently and where do I stand?

After me, you're the last one.
Victin

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun May 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Actually, I think I got swapped around in the order a bit. At least, that's what I asked. Where am I now, Xana?

AMimsyBorogove

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Done. Kinda stupid short, but I was sick of not having any ideas. So, done.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:03 pm

I will be pulling Ulrich out of the First RP. Mostly because I have no interest in the character and think it would be more fun too just run it as the GM. Meaning it is now Mimsys turn.
Lordxana0

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:17 pm

I'm going to go ahead and drop this RP. Thanks for the chance to write, though!
eli_gone_crazy

Previous

Return to Roleplaying