Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 pm

WEAK. Kick real life to the curb and go beyond the text limit, bro! That's the way Team Mimsycon rolls!

Meanwhile, at Mimsycon.

"WHY?! WHY DID YOU OPEN THE CUPBOARD DOOR?! YOU KNEW FULL WELL THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN! NOW YOU'VE RELEASED THE CRAWLING CHAOS, AND HE'S LIVING IN OUR BATHROOM!"

"But Nyarlathotep said he'd give me cake!"

"THE CAKE WAS A LIE, MIMSY!"

And now, for something completely different.

Yep, I'd say that's pretty relevant, Jack. ^^
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm

I would just like to let everyone know that Sabrac's prebattle chatter was what took 17000 characters. He talks THAT much. Only NOW is the fight really beginning. Text limit is SO gonna die.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I don't have nearly enough emoticons to express what I'm thinking in response to that
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Guyshane wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I don't have nearly enough emoticons to express what I'm thinking in response to that

To be entirely fair, in that time he watched MewTwo and saw him power up, then left to go to the battle, while Xana's character prepared to get everyone else off the island, nearly got blown up, and then the attack got blocked by Sabrac showing up, he told people to leave, then started talking a whole bunch more until the fight finally began.

So more than just him talking happened. It was only about 70% of it.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 pm

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Sabrac? This is Sabrac speaking."

*Insert 63 pages of speechifying here*

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Progress update: Roughly halfway done here. Post going well.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Post moving into its final stages. Going to go take a break to shovel.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:06 pm

...I kinda hope that you meant 'shower,' but I find myself curious as to what you need to shovel...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 pm

IslaKariese wrote:...I kinda hope that you meant 'shower,' but I find myself curious as to what you need to shovel...

Sicon is having a blizzard
Guyshane

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Guyshane wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:...I kinda hope that you meant 'shower,' but I find myself curious as to what you need to shovel...

Sicon is having a blizzard

Yup. pretty much. Back now and thawing out. I'll get back to work shortly.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 am

Ah, that makes sense. I was getting visions of a mastermind hiding a body in the backyard, performing assassinations between stints at RPG posts..
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 am

Nah, don't be silly, Isla. He does that on Wednesdays, not the weekend.

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Scarab on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:Nah, don't be silly, Isla. He does that on Wednesdays, not the weekend.

In our w2orld. it's Monday...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Post is already written to 100% completion, I just need to go through and add BGMs. Also, yes, it's long. Yes, I could have edited. Yes, I also asked the chat whether or not to do it, and they said throw it all in, which I promptly did.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Back to my computer. Adding BGMs and posting shortly.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 pm

And post is up. I was seriously out of practice here, but I think i slowly managed to get the hang of Sabrac again. Yeah, the post is quite ridiculous and rule of cool powered, and I feel that the BGMs could have been chosen better, but there isn't a whole lot I can do about it. I've done what I could. Hope you enjoy.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:56 pm

So, here is a little PSA for the new people, whoever they turn out to be, because I know it's hard to believe that I'm NOT seriously overdoing Sabrac if you haven't seen him from the original source material. So, for those of you who don't believe he is as hammy as I make him, I give you a series of (midbattle) quotes from his first appearance on the show:

Sabrac wrote:"I've lost another sword. Even if I am facing a strong adversary, loss is still an unpleasant feeling. I must gain another sword from somewhere yet again. I wonder how many more I will lose in this battle."

Sabrac wrote:"To maintain this much capability to fight even after a hit from me... No matter how many fights we may have been through, that's an intolerable reality to me. I guess conserving power for the person I never know when I'll meet will inhibit my work here."

Sabrac wrote: "So the imprudence of letting you go in the past comes to haunt me now. Due to my nature, I'll have to do the best I can in each situation. Just as then, now, and always. I will fulfill the request, and when there's energy to spare, I'll get rid of any other interference."

Sabrac wrote:"You are indeed strong. If only I had killed everyone the last time I had the chance, this job would have been easier. However, this is an unpleasant result that came about due to my style: trying to finish everything with one blow."

And this last one from his second battle:

Sabrac wrote: "Having great power doesn't change anything. I simply go through life, accept missions, and kill targets. I am capable of defeating everything. I never worked for this. This simply is the power I possess. I don't understand. What is the meaning of obsessing over something this small?"

And as for my enormous amounts of power.... well...

Remember this picture from my latest post?

Fuzetsu2.png
Fuzetsu2.png (391.34 KiB) Viewed 3394 times

Take a good look at those boxy things down near the bottom. Those would be the silhouettes of eight to twelve story tall buildings right near the base of that wall of fire. Yeah. I think that speaks for itself.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm

PSA: Marisa Kirisame steals everything, has more lasers than a DBZ character crossed with a ship from Macross.

'Nuff said.

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Victin on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 pm

I still haven't read Sicon's post, and probably won't do it today ._.
Not even sure if I'll be able to read it tomorrow .-.
If so happens I suppose I'd have to pass my turn. |:
Though I think I could yet write before Isla. I don't remember how many people are between me and her, and since I plan to pick up a FC Underground Quest with Adell on Friday and Saturday (and it may span some of Sunday, depending on what time on Friday our quest is released). So... That's a thing. :/ What is your guys opinion?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Hold on a second, have you spoken with Adell about an Underground quest? I need him for something related to the underground this turn that he has already agreed to, and he can't do two.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Quoting the man himself (and me):

Adell wrote:
Victin wrote:I'm thinking about taking an Underground mission, does anyone wanna join? I don't think I'll be able to this week (Friday is okay, I guess, but Saturday and Sunday are not), so next week Friday may work, though I still will have to see if the weekend is okay.

I'm down for a quest with you if no one else wants to. Besides you wanted to do a little side thing anyway.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

I think that may be a problem, because he is currently vitally important for plot reasons...

I'll talk with him when I next see him.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Sicon112 wrote:I think that may be a problem, because he is currently vitally important for plot reasons...

On the subject, wasn't I going to do a sidequest with you? :|
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Victin wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:I think that may be a problem, because he is currently vitally important for plot reasons...

On the subject, wasn't I going to do a sidequest with you? :|

We are doing an aftermath post, apparently, so no one has done anything yet. Eli and Pix have to get that organized so that everyone in the fight can take part properly.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Seriously guys? we derailed this to FC? FC has its own thread!
Guyshane

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying