Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm

NeverSlender wrote:WE can set it on fire you want?

Fix'd. If there is something to be lit on fire, there's no way you are keeping it to yourself.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:WE can set it on fire IF you want?

Fix'd. If there is something to be lit on fire, there's no way you are keeping it to yourself.

FIX'D AGAIN. HURRAH, GRAMMAR NAZIS.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:WE can set it on fire you want?

Fine, fine. But once this gets going, I'm not trusting you to help me with anything.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 pm

On a related note, I will try and make a new bio, since I've got a few corrections for the old one. (It wasn't very neat anyway) It may be a bit, since I'm about to go to Latin class.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Okay guys, the RPG will start today (unless something really important happen, like, a meteor fall on my house). But not in less than 1 and a half hour, I don't know exactly, maybe more. I don't have a plot written, but I know what I want to write. I will start the thread just to have it going, then me and LordXana, presumably, will Write by the Seat of our Pants. I just want her opinion of my idea to start the thread, and, while "nothing" happens, we write the plot. Also, I will update the OP to include rules, plot and, maybe, characters. But that later. Now I am cathing up because I gotta go soon.
Also, Sicon, any modifications in the character can be done until said character entry on the thread.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Name: Red wizard
Weapons: Staff and sword
Powers: Fireball, Haste, Thunderbolt, Summon cow
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm

OK, here is the updated and streamlined bio:

Name: Sabrac
Weapons: As his hobby is collecting bladed weaponry, he has a gigantic collection of various swords stored within his flames, and is a master swordsmen himself. He prefers to fight while dual wielding western, double-sided longswords. (Note: these are normal, very cool looking, swords. They are crafted very well, and can stand up to weak magic swords, as they are semi reinforced by Sabrac's magic, but have no effect other than that of normal blades.)
Powers:
  • His nature itself, while not a power, is the source of his abilities. He is an extremely powerful Crimson Lord, but his body is unbalanced. While his true form is enormous, his senses are, in scope, comparable to those of a human. When he fights, his true form is hidden underground, and his "mind" is sent into combat inside a human sized body, created from a tiny fragment of his power. He also gains levels of strength and speed greater than those of a normal human, though not large enough to truly warrant being called an ability. (He probably slightly exceeds human limits, but not by all that much) Note: as his body is made of energy, some things that would harm a human will not harm him, such as mundane fire and electricity. Magic fire will be more effective, but the damage is dependent on the 'magical' component. (i.e. Normal fire summoned by magic = no real effect, Magic energy that takes the form of fire, like his own = solid effect, dependent on the amount of power the attack holds, as per normal) Methods like explosions, physical weapons (Swords, guns, etc.), and crushing have normal effects, however. Basically, brute force works great.
  • Madder-Red Flames: He can summon and control large amounts of red flames, the true nature of which is the existence of his true body given form for the purpose of attacks. He uses these as wave attacks or scattershot attacks, similar to large/hails of normal magic fireballs. While the flames have fire like effects, their main power is functioning as energy attacks that can pierce or explode at will. He also likes to hide his sword collection in the waves of flames he rides on, for easy access. (Note again, this is not true fire. I misspoke earlier. It is magic power given the form of fire.)
  • Regeneration: Due to the fact that his body is made of his magic energy, and only a tiny fraction of it, he has large regeneration abilities. Also, he has no true weak points to speak of, such as organs. If you hop up his body in one place, it's just as effective as chopping him up in any other. Normally, due to his ridiculous amount of sheer power, his regeneration is effectively infinite; even if his entire body is destroyed, his mind just hops back to his true form, takes a chunk of power, and recreates the body again. He is nerfed significantly for this, therefore if you chop him to pieces, destroy his body completely, or just crush him reasonable well, you have a guaranteed win. Less overkillish methods will also defeat him, but it will just take a little more time.
  • First Strike: Rain of Blades: Sabrac is a career assassin, and this technique is his signature. Before a fight, he infiltrates the battlefield through the ground, then, as his opponents enter, he activates this ability. It is impossible to sense, as his power is spread evenly through the ground ad not built up in any one area. Upon activation, a gigantic scatter of fireballs flies from peppers everything in the vicinity, piercing and exploding the entire area, followed a tiny fraction of a second later with a gigantic, crimson explosion of flames. Hundreds of swords are mixed in with the fireballs and the explosion, and inside the explosion they are hurled around randomly as though in a washing machine. (Not my example, Sabrac's. Yes, seriously) The moment this ability is activated, Stigma (See below) is also activated, such that it takes effect on any damage dealt by the opening technique. This ability can only be used ONE time per battle, after which Sabrac's body will materialize and begin the main conflict, assuming anything actually survives.
  • Stigma/Stigmata: Stigma is Sabrac's personal Unrestricted Spell. It is activated the moment he begins a fight, (usually with FS) and only ends once he is defeated or all targets are neutralized. All wounds received while Stigma is active are effectively immune to all forms of normal or magic healing abilities, including and especially healing factors (It was made specifically to counter them) except healing spells made specifically to counter Stigma. (Such as the spell devised by Johan in the series)

Stigmata, on the other hand, is an advanced version of Stigma, created after he became aware of the spell built to counter his original technique. It has the same effect, but removes the weakness and allows Sabrac to control the spread of the wounds, to an extent. meaning he can worsen wounds suddenly at a critical point in the battle. So far, it has gone un-countered. I will likely NOT be using it, as it is pretty broken.
Age: Again, no bloody idea. He is a Crimson Lord, so he is effectively ageless. He also has to be pretty old to have that many swords collected.

NOTE: This bio is subject to further nerfing. As I have said, Stigmata will likely not be used, save in the end of a plot-based RPG, to make it cool. I will lower other stats as I see fit. Still, Sabrac's nature means he has absolutely no wants in sheer magical brute force, and I'm not really willing to change that, since that's basically all he has going for him after FS fails to kill someone.

Sorry 'bout the tl;dr there, but I like to use the small details, so I figured that I should probably make you aware of some of them, or it wouldn't be fair.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm guessing you wrote "streamlined" sarcastically.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I'm guessing you wrote "streamlined" sarcastically.

Good guess.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Good guess.

I prefer loosely defined powers. More room for "creativity".
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:01 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

Good guess.

I prefer loosely defined powers. More room for "creativity".

There is plenty of room for creativity with the definitions I just gave. Trust me... (Though last time I tried to be creative in stuff like this, I ended up using the Theory of Relativity to lolpwn everyone involved... I will restrain myself from doing something that ridiculous this time.)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Updated my bio to more closely fit the character.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Victin wrote:Okay guys, the RPG will start today (unless something really important happen, like, a meteor fall on my house). But not in less than 1 and a half hour, I don't know exactly, maybe more. I don't have a plot written, but I know what I want to write. I will start the thread just to have it going, then me and LordXana, presumably, will Write by the Seat of our Pants. I just want her opinion of my idea to start the thread, and, while "nothing" happens, we write the plot. Also, I will update the OP to include rules, plot and, maybe, characters. But that later. Now I am cathing up because I gotta go soon.
Also, Sicon, any modifications in the character can be done until said character entry on the thread.

I am a guy. Also sounds good. I start class at 1:20 and get out at 4:20
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Victin wrote:Okay guys, the RPG will start today (unless something really important happen, like, a meteor fall on my house). But not in less than 1 and a half hour, I don't know exactly, maybe more. I don't have a plot written, but I know what I want to write. I will start the thread just to have it going, then me and LordXana, presumably, will Write by the Seat of our Pants. I just want her opinion of my idea to start the thread, and, while "nothing" happens, we write the plot. Also, I will update the OP to include rules, plot and, maybe, characters. But that later. Now I am cathing up because I gotta go soon.

WRONG GENDER, SO DRINK
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Here as well, and prepared to begin the 'Sparking the moment the thread opens. =D
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm baaaaaaaack. Ready whenever you guys are! :D
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Well, my Alice is pretty much a Cloudcuckoolander, so IF i'm not around, just start without me and I'll crash into the scene out of nowhere asking for someone to have a tea party with me or something. :lol:
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Well, my Alice is pretty much a Cloudcuckoolander, so IF i'm not around, just start without me and I'll crash into the scene out of nowhere asking for someone to have a tea party with me or something. :lol:

Sounds cool to me. BTW, before I make a mistake and have to drink, what gender are you, anyway? I think it may have been brought up before, but I sorta forgot.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm a G.I.R.L. *dodging slaps* Double drinks for everyone! :D

Actually, my "full name" is Pixelmage.Lezard, from the Valkyrie Profile's Lezard Valeth... But I got tired of looking at his face after 2 years using the same avatar everywhere and decided to switch to the most murderous sweet avatar of death innocent necromancer little girl I knew... Since everyone started using their avatars as the characters I just decided to roll with it.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Pixelmage wrote:I'm a G.I.R.L. *dodging slaps* Double drinks for everyone! :D

Actually, my "full name" is Pixelmage.Lezard, from the Valkyrie Profile's Lezard Valeth... But I got tired of looking at his face after 2 years using the same avatar everywhere and decided to switch to the most murderous sweet avatar of death innocent necromancer little girl I knew... Since everyone started using their avatars as the characters I just decided to roll with it.

If we go by the trope description, we're no closer to knowing your gender.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:33 pm

NeverSlender wrote:If we go by the trope description, we're no closer to knowing your gender.

:lol: That went better than expected.
But, I'm male.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:

I am a guy. Also sounds good. I start class at 1:20 and get out at 4:20

In which timezone? Also where did I refer to you as a girl? Anyway, sorry for doing so.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Victin wrote:...I just want her opinion of my idea to start the thread...

Eeyup.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Can we start this soon?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm up for whenever. Just got some awesome pizza and a soda, so I've got everything prepared.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying