Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Hey, that was awesome guys! Just gonna let you know that the YouTube link is to a different song than the one you said. It's still awesome, but it isn't the one you meant to use.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Hey, that was awesome guys! Just gonna let you know that the YouTube link is to a different song than the one you said. It's still awesome, but it isn't the one you meant to use.

Idk why Finch wrote that. I mean, he couldn't see the link I sent him, so... Really, Idk why he did that.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Guys, Xana's GM post is up, and since this will be like a Massive Collaborative Fight, I believe we should get an outline for the whole thing so that we can synchronize the switching in and out of the fight. I'm working on a baseline. Then everyone weight in and we polish it to what we'll actually do. ^^ I'll make a new post with the full outline.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Guyshane on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Okay how bout the fact that my character is very seriously wounded
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm already coordinating the beginning of the fight with Sicon. Details after he pulls off what he has in mind, as I don't want to spoil it. Suffice to say, for my part of the post order, Mewtwo will be breaking out EX spell copies turned Up To Eleven, and Marisa is going to apply 'Sparking to the tropes "Dynamic Entry," "Beam Spam," and "More Dakka."

Now I'm just going to need to find more pictures of gigantic rainbow-colored explosions. Sigh, those are so hard to get for some reason. >.<
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:56 pm

The awesomeness.
  1. Sicon - Opens the fight. We're all far from it, so for all we know, we're just watching the light show. Behind the scenes we're regrouping while this is happening. This wraps the current turn, the boss fight turn begins from the next post.
  2. Mimsy - He'll lampshade us regrouping and our decision to catch our breath and fight in turns so that we can cover each other. Marisa dives in and it's her show. He'll coordinate his leaving with Shane coming into the next post.
  3. Shane - 1-on-1 the best he can do, for as long as he can do. He's injured so, as Alice is up next, she can come in to protect him and he can switch out.
  4. Pixel - Alice is in for a 1-on-1. Same rules, every one fights from his PoV the best they can. Finch is up, so either he gets as rested as he'll be, given the circumstances, or Alice calls for help, either way, Alice switch out.
  5. Finch - Same 1-on-1 section. He switches to Sabrac, so talk it with Sicon, but Sabrac could rise from the ground or something, as an example, so that Finch can retreat.
  6. Sicon - Sabrac's 1-on-1. A direct fight as opposed to the opening. To leave he could vanish, or be vanished. That leaves Vic open for the next move.
  7. Vic - Isaac's 1-on-1. Switches to Ulrich, so either Ulrich jumps in to rescue or Isaac tags out after a signal attack or something.
  8. Xana - Ulrich's 1-on-1. Switches to Kestral for the finale, for this switch in particular, I suggest the cover fire approach. Kes calls she's ready to go, Ulrich steps out opening path for archer fire, then cut to next post.
  9. Kariese - Kestral's show and killing blow.

I like it like this because it means the whole "fighting" is open to the poster, and we'll only have to coordinate directly with the person directly above and below our turn to make the transition from one fighter to the other make sense. That way, Mimsy will talk to Shane about how Shane will enter the fight, then I talk to Shane about how Alice enters and to Finch about how Alice will leave.

So, what do you guys say?
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Pixelmage wrote:The awesomeness.
  1. Sicon - Opens the fight. We're all far from it, so for all we know, we're just watching the light show. Behind the scenes we're regrouping while this is happening. This wraps the current turn, the boss fight turn begins from the next post.
  2. Mimsy - He'll lampshade us regrouping and our decision to catch our breath and fight in turns so that we can cover each other. Marisa dives in and it's her show. He'll coordinate his leaving with Shane coming into the next post.
  3. Shane - 1-on-1 the best he can do, for as long as he can do. He's injured so, as Alice is up next, she can come in to protect him and he can switch out.
  4. Pixel - Alice is in for a 1-on-1. Same rules, every one fights from his PoV the best they can. Finch is up, so either he gets as rested as he'll be, given the circumstances, or Alice calls for help, either way, Alice switch out.
  5. Finch - Same 1-on-1 section. He switches to Sabrac, so talk it with Sicon, but Sabrac could rise from the ground or something, as an example, so that Finch can retreat.
  6. Sicon - Sabrac's 1-on-1. A direct fight as opposed to the opening. To leave he could vanish, or be vanished. That leaves Vic open for the next move.
  7. Vic - Isaac's 1-on-1. Switches to Ulrich, so either Ulrich jumps in to rescue or Isaac tags out after a signal attack or something.
  8. Xana - Ulrich's 1-on-1. Switches to Kestral for the finale, for this switch in particular, I suggest the cover fire approach. Kes calls she's ready to go, Ulrich steps out opening path for archer fire, then cut to next post.

I like it like this because it means the whole "fighting" is open to the poster, and we'll only have to coordinate directly with the person directly above and below our turn to make the transition from one fighter to the other make sense. That way, Mimsy will talk to Shane about how Shane will enter the fight, then I talk to Shane about how Alice enters and to Finch about how Alice will leave.

So, what do you guys say?

I can work with this, though if anyone wants Sabrac to play a supporting role mid-post, I'm just fine. I think we ae all good enough to pull of some complex switching if we want to.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Sounds good, except Marisa won't waste time hanging lampshades. Actually, she's probably just going to jump right in and start blowing up Mewtwo while he's busy recovering. Essentially, her post is going to be narrowly grazing through EX and Phantasm level bullet patterns and blowing up Mewtwo a few times. And, since she just absorbed the full energy of a god bird which had just eaten Laevateinn, a Deep Ecological Bomb, an Event Horizon, a Master Spark, and a nameless bounded field which is definitely not actually Marisa ripping off Rho Aias, expect some rather ridiculous - understatement of the century - attacks near the end.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:16 pm

The awesomeness V2.
  2. Mimsy - Marisa dives in, taking her chance from the chaos caused by Sabrac.
  3. Shane - Lampshading duty kicked down to Shane, this means that his switch in should be on his own post, as opposed to everyone else. He starts with us regrouping and deciding to take turns, then he goes for the switch with Mimsy into the 1-on-1 the best he can do, for as long as he can do. He's injured so, as Alice is up next, she can come in to protect him and he can switch out.

Updated to account for Mimsy's coordination with Sicon.
More input is always welcome.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby The Finch on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 am

Sicon112 wrote:Hey, that was awesome guys! Just gonna let you know that the YouTube link is to a different song than the one you said. It's still awesome, but it isn't the one you meant to use.

Really?

Well...

LINK PLEASE

EDIT: Nevermind. Thanks, Pixie.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Victin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 am

Guyshane wrote:Okay how bout the fact that my character is very seriously wounded

I have a super potion. And Idk how much I should be injuried, though.

Also, I forgot that Nail!Isaac has super sthrenght.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 am

Guys... There is one detail that escaped my mind... We're fighting near that gigantic Trainers Vs. Pokemon army, right? And Moltres' Firefall killed hundreds of people and pokemon in that fight, correct?

Or are we in another place entirely?
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 am

Pixelmage wrote:Guys... There is one detail that escaped my mind... We're fighting near that gigantic Trainers Vs. Pokemon army, right? And Moltres' Firefall killed hundreds of people and pokemon in that fight, correct?

Or are we in another place entirely?

We are on the side, I guess. Let me make a picture of how I am imaginating it.
Victin

Postby Victin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 am

Sorry for double posting.
Red "dotted" line: Battlezone of People vs. Pokémon
Blue: Ocean
Light Grey: Where the castle was
Red circle: Mimsy vs. Moltres
Cyan circle: Pixel&Isla vs. Articuno
Yellow circle: Xana$Shane vs. Zapdos
Dark purple circle: Victin&Finch vs. Lugia
Gray rectangle: Everyone vs. Mewtwo
Attachments
RPG_W001_Battlezone.JPG
RPG_W001_Battlezone.JPG (46.95 KiB) Viewed 8970 times
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:55 am

I see. That... Does not work for me. Not for what I thought I could do at least.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Well, anything within a roughly ten mile radius is going to be dead as of my post. I'm gonna assume that when sh*t started going down with MewTwo, everyone ran for the hills.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:18 am

Posted! Total of 3,406 words, not including the neat little status thing I added at the bottom to show how damaged MewTwo was and what the changes to his powers were after my entrance.

Enjoy.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 am

Very good. A cool and impressive performance. Just to throw in a few things. A) Mewtwo can still use his telekinesis on living things, so if you let him get a fix on you he is going to start throwing you around like a ragdoll with his mind. B) There are still bits and pieces of the castle laying around he could throw. C) Don't underestimate the helmets ability to keep him going at 120%, This thing has been feeding off of the basic wrongness of everything that has happened since it fell. And as you see from everything up to now things have been totally messed up.

Mewtwo is still going to dish out just as much as anyone tries to serve him, and playing him as anything but a massive threat (even with Sicon's post) would be really out of the spirit of the game.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:06 am

Lordxana0 wrote:Very good. A cool and impressive performance. Just to throw in a few things. A) Mewtwo can still use his telekinesis on living things, so if you let him get a fix on you he is going to start throwing you around like a ragdoll with his mind. B) There are still bits and pieces of the castle laying around he could throw. C) Don't underestimate the helmets ability to keep him going at 120%, This thing has been feeding off of the basic wrongness of everything that has happened since it fell. And as you see from everything up to now things have been totally messed up.

Mewtwo is still going to dish out just as much as anyone tries to serve him, and playing him as anything but a massive threat (even with Sicon's post) would be really out of the spirit of the game.

Ooooooh yeah. He wasn't even going full on ragemode till he took that last attack. Now he is so pissed off that he didn't even say anything to Sabrac there at the end. Just got ready to kill him. Up until now, he has matched Sabrac blow for blow, which is a first. Sabrac started getting serious and pulling out his pragmatic feints and attacking without sitting around to chat, and MewTwo STILL survived. Had the fight not been interrupted then, Sabrac would have probably been blasted to pieces a few times in quick succession. When he comes back later on, he will be needing every bit of power he has left, and his regen will come in REALLY handy.

As to your first two points, I just came back online to clarify those exact things. The field effect DOES NOT APPLY to anything not connected to the ground or Sabrac himself. This is how he easily grabbed that castle fragment during the fight, when moments later he had trouble with the earth around him.

Also, it has the added effect of making ANY damage to the ground crazy difficult, which has the upside of stopping the insane attacks MewTwo and others will be throwing around from completely destroying the island with us on it. By the way, Sabrac is now holding the island up with giant beams of fire that are feeding him energy, so don't worry about it falling.
Last edited by Sicon112 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 am

Also, I would like it to be known that I was not exaggerating when I said that Sabrac was riding flame tsunamis hundreds of stories high. See that pic titled "Wave2"? This one?

Wave2.jpg
Wave2.jpg (12.75 KiB) Viewed 8900 times

In that shot, he is probably a good deal higher up than the Eiffel Tower, and that wave of flame covers roughly a square mile of city. No joke. I SAID he was ridiculous.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 am

Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:21 am

Guyshane wrote:Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?

Not yet. Not NEARLY enough. I plan to cause a bit more collateral damage next time around, though to be fair, then next bit of explosions is mostly going to be MewTwo's fault...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Nonsense. Aren't you forgetting who comes next in the post order? The next bit of explosions is going to be caused by the Ordinary Black Magician, Marisa Kirisame!

Just like 75% of all other explosions in this RP...

Will begin writing on the post soon.

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Victin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm starting to think I could strenght Isaac a little bit by making better posts, that is, like Pixel said before, not trying to apply Binding of Isaac to this RP. If I overdo a bit in my next pos, tell (I know I'm not the next, just warning you guys beforehand)
Victin

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Update. This post is going to be longer than I expected. Like... a lot longer. I spontaneously decided to start a Lensman Arms Race in awesomeness, so, yeah...

AMimsyBorogove

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying