Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Count Sabrac in the moment I finish reading THE MASSIVE FRIGGIN BACKLOG OF POSTS YOU LEFT ME. Why do I leave my computer again?

Oh my... Dual Weilders duel? Can I watch? Pretty please?

OK, but only if you can keep up with the ridiculous speeds this thing is going to move at. I used to play these all the time with a few friends and I never, EVER lost. Though I wasn't using Sabrac at the time. Gonna have to re-familiarize myself with his powerset and how to abuse it.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Count Sabrac in the moment I finish reading THE MASSIVE FRIGGIN BACKLOG OF POSTS YOU LEFT ME. Why do I leave my computer again?

Oh my... Dual Weilders duel? Can I watch? Pretty please?

OK, but only if you can keep up with the ridiculous speeds this thing is going to move at. I used to play these all the time with a few friends and I never, EVER lost. Though I wasn't using Sabrac at the time. Gonna have to re-familiarize myself with his powerset and how to abuse it.

Don't make him too broken, I left out regeneration and the ablity to become flame from my character, otherwise he would have been hideously unbalanced.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Don't make him too broken, I left out regeneration and the ablity to become flame from my character, otherwise he would have been hideously unbalanced.

Sabrac is BROKENNESS INCARNATE. He is a gigantic incorporeal glob of energy that hides underground and forms into a shadow with an epic cape. The only way the main characters defeated him was by ripping up about a square mile of city and flying it about a mile in the air, and that only forced him to retreat.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Don't make him too broken, I left out regeneration and the ablity to become flame from my character, otherwise he would have been hideously unbalanced.

Sabrac is BROKENNESS INCARNATE. He is a gigantic incorporeal glob of energy that hides underground and forms into a shadow with an epic cape. The only way the main characters defeated him was by ripping up about a square mile of city and flying it about a mile in the air, and that only forced him to retreat.

Well just choise a couple of powers then. Needs to be fair.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Bump, we should get this going.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 pm

I'll help you guys run this if you'd like/get enough people.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:10 pm

If we set up a plot and a few rules, I can start writing the main thread. But let me catch up first, a LOT happened. And Sicon, write your character sheet please (unless you already meant to do that and I misunderstood you).
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 pm

I also think we should have some form of limit, so there's no uber broken characters. Yes Sicon, I'm looking at you and Sabrac.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I also think we should have some form of limit, so there's no uber broken characters. Yes Sicon, I'm looking at you and Sabrac.

Indeed. I was distracted, but I'll try and get my post together in a sec. Gotta figure out how to Nerf this guy. This is all your fault for having us use profile pics... (teasing)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I also think we should have some form of limit, so there's no uber broken characters. Yes Sicon, I'm looking at you and Sabrac.

I agree. My character is a Lethal Joke Character from my point of view. So, unless I am unlucky and/or a bad player I will lose. But that would never happen, since I am the GM :P

Sicon112 wrote:

Indeed. I was distracted, but I'll try and get my post together in a sec. Gotta figure out how to Nerf this guy. This is all your fault for having us use profile pics... (teasing)

I suggested the use of profile pics. You kept it.
Last edited by Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Victin wrote:

I agree. My character is a Lethal Joke Character from my point of view. So, unless I am unlucky and/or a bad player I will lose. But that would never happen, since I am the GM :P

To be honest, my character also has regen, but I thought that would be too far.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Indeed. I was distracted, but I'll try and get my post together in a sec. Gotta figure out how to Nerf this guy. This is all your fault for having us use profile pics... (teasing)

Take: Stigma, First Strike: Rain of Blades (conditional to set up) and Regeneration (limited).
You get everything unique to him, no overpoweredness. Since Marco has Regen too I think it'll be fine, and FS is like my own death radius, not something you can just spam at will.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Screw it, standard regen will do.
Last edited by NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 pm

How about this:

Name: Sabrac
Weapons: Wields twin longswords, but has craploads of extras if he loses them.
Powers: Gigantic crimson flames that he can use as scattershot attacks, Stigma/Stigmata (Wounds dealt will slowly open wider over time, and are immune to healing except magical healing specifically targeted to counter this ability) The First Stike ability (I forgot the specifics of that, can you remind me of the exact specifications, Pixel? It's been too long since I watched this) and limited amounts of regen. (Total body destruction takes him out, obviously, but he can regen a limb or two probably)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:25 pm

My character is normal, with a normal attack. The only thing that makes him different is the fact that items work differet on him. But he has a limited hammerspace to compensate.

Sicon112 wrote:How about this:

Powers: Gigantic crimson flames that he can use as scattershot attacks, Stigma/Stigmata (Wounds dealt will slowly open wider over time, and are immune to healing except magical healing specifically targeted to counter this ability) The First Stike ability (I forgot the specifics of that, can you remind me of the exact specifications, Pixel? It's been too long since I watched this) and limited amounts of regen. (Total body destruction takes him out, obviously, but he can regen a limb or two probably)

It seems a bit overstrong for me, and, Sicon, that profile pic makes me read your post as if you were screaming them at me. It is making me deaf.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:27 pm

To clarify on the regen, sever slash wounds can be regenerated in limited fashion, a limb or two over the course of the fight is the limit, a large, crushing attack (or blast from a point blank explosion) is pretty much a sure kill, stab wounds shouldn't be a problem, and burning is not very effective, as his body is MADE OF FLAMES.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 pm

I can regenerate any non-mortal wounds. I'll be fine.

And I am also made of flames. Currently updating my character with his full abilities.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Victin wrote:My character is normal, with a normal attack. The only thing that makes him different is the fact that items work differet on him. But he has a limited hammerspace to compensate.

It seems a bit overstrong for me, and, Sicon, that profile pic makes me read your post as if you were screaming them at me. It is making me deaf.

The swords are normal swords, just disarming doesn't do much. the first strike attack is first strike ONLY, I clarified the regen issues, and the flames are just like a fireball attack. Oh, and I can ride waves of them around to look cool.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 pm

PM'd Sabrac's FS. Will also update my sheet to especify the limits of the spells.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Pixelmage wrote:PM'd Sabrac's FS. Will also update my sheet to especify the limits of the spells.

Got it, and asked something else. Thanks for the hand, mate.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Maybe we keep it down to three or four powers at most. Barring the more extreme powers of course.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Maybe we keep it down to three or four powers at most. Barring the more extreme powers of course.

Well, first strike is only the FIRST attack I can make, meaning that you all probably won't get hit too bad, even though it's crazy powerful. After that, I just got flames, swords, and regen. Stigma, and it's advanced version, Stigmata, is just a passive ability.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:Maybe we keep it down to three or four powers at most. Barring the more extreme powers of course.

Well, first strike is only the FIRST attack I can make, meaning that you all probably won't get hit too bad, even though it's crazy powerful. After that, I just got flames, swords, and regen. Stigma, and it's advanced version, Stigmata, is just a passive ability.

It's still an ability.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm

There is one thing I would like to add, though it isn't really a power, I still retain Sabrac's basic nature, that of a huge power aura underground. This is the base of the regen and flame attacks, so I need to keep it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

It's still an ability.

Never said it wasn't. Just saying I don't really have special attacks. Which is good for me, cause the usual loadout I use for this kind of thing doesn't either...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying