Godsfall RP Discussion

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:02 am

It is the year 3212 A.D. and humanity has advanced beyond the realms of what was once thought science fiction. Nanomachines, Giant Robots, even humans with robotic limbs are now as real as the air we breath and the ground we walk on. All nations have come together, bound together by a common goal of advancement.

Of course this would be interrupted by the gods of old, who looked upon this brave new world with disdain, watching as their creations became boring and no longer pointlessly killed each other. And so after living their lives in the shadows and pulling the string of humanity the gods came forth and declared humanity bow before them.

Humanity answered with a booming roar and a swift kick to the gods faces. Now humanity faces the greatest threat they have ever been placed against. Their technological strength vs. the old gods and their magic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello and welcome to Godsfall, the newest RP idea by Xana Incorporated[tm]. In this RP players will take the roles of a special task force meant for front line combat and first response in a world wide theater of battle against various gods and demons. Players will take on the roles of Demigods, those born of a human and gods union. The reasons they fight are their own, but they must all be dedicated to stopping the madness of the gods. Now time for Beta Character sheets

Beta Character Sheets
Name:
Special feature: (Nano-infused, Android, Normal)
Job: (Mecha Pilot, Soldier, Medic, Special Agent))
Demigod power: (nothing broken, your divine parent can be whoever, but you are still just a half blood)
Backstory:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Special Features

Nano-Infused- Those who have injected themselves with nanomachines find themselves stronger, faster, and smarter then most people. They also heal from wounds easier. Also they can pilot the more advanced Leviathan and Slayer mecha.

Android- Those who have given up some limbs or body part in place of a more efficient robot limb. Depending on the amount of upgrades done they might not even resemble their old human form anymore. They are the only type that can become Special Agents.

Normal- A human who has decided they would rather not plug themselves with nanomachines or replace their limbs with robotic ones. Normals find that their godly blood grants them more abilities for staying pure. (+1 Divine Ability)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Job

Mecha Pilot- A monster behind the control panel and outside of it. Mecha Pilots are advanced with all electronics, and when they get into a pilots seat they are one of the most dangerous factors on the battlefield. Mechs come in three normal flavors, the War Walker a basic mecha about the size of a tank with about the same amount of grace and style as one. Leviathans which are flying mecha designed in a more humanoid form and have anti-gravity propulsion systems that allow them to move through the air with ease. They are less heavily equipped then other mechs, but still quite dangerous. And finally the Slayer mechs, massive skyscraper sized juggernauts brought in as a last resort in any battle. These things do massive damage and are armed to the teeth with weapons, but unlike the other two they have to be air lifted in, so removal of all anti air weapons must be finished first. These are just the specialty mechs through, there are plenty of basic ones you will find on the war zone, but none will be as customized as your personal mech.

Soldier- A feared warrior on any battlefield soldiers are the guys carting around the big ass guns. They are the most well trained of all the classes, and a soldier is the highest ranking military member of any group. They might not be hauling around the huge mechs, but they are trained for battle against foes and have heads filled with battle tactics. Soldiers are the leaders mostly, and can motivate his squad just by fighting with them.

Medic- If you are hurt these guys are here to heal you. They are walking hospitals with their med kits and can fix all but the most deadly of wounds within a matter of minutes. And given enough time and a clean room the medic can quickly discover the weakness of any monsters you happen to be facing. Some enemies will be impossible to kill through normal means until the medic has had time to observe and study them.

Special Agent- This class is exclusive for Androids, and for good reason. Special Agents are decked out with mostly up close weapons like swords and pistols. The difference between these weapons and others is the super dense materials they are made of, which is impossible to lift with average human strength. Their blades turn metal to cheese and their bullets tear holes in buildings with a single shot.
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby agoraoptera on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:50 am

Question: what gods are allowed? Only real-world mythos, or can I pull in gods from other fiction? I'm guessing not gods I make? Also, what does "Normals find that their godly blood grants them more abilities for staying pure." this mean? As in, what exactly is purity in this context?
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Scarab on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:55 am

agoraoptera wrote:Question: what gods are allowed? Only real-world mythos, or can I pull in gods from other fiction? I'm guessing not gods I make? Also, what does "Normals find that their godly blood grants them more abilities for staying pure." this mean? As in, what exactly is purity in this context?

Could I have Khepri? :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:13 pm

agoraoptera wrote:Question: what gods are allowed? Only real-world mythos, or can I pull in gods from other fiction? I'm guessing not gods I make? Also, what does "Normals find that their godly blood grants them more abilities for staying pure." this mean? As in, what exactly is purity in this context?

No gods from fiction, you can have one that is as obscure or crazy as you want (trust me there are some crazy ones). Normal people who have not modified their bodies with technology have increased abilities passed down by their divine parent. Like a Normal born of a fire god would be more powerful with his magic then say a Android of a fire gods relation.
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Well, that's kinda restrictive, isn't it? :/ I was hoping for an excuse to bring in the Eclipse pantheon, or otherwise summon up all sorts of crazy abominations and deities and stuff you don't see in a lot of actual religions.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Well, that's kinda restrictive, isn't it? :/ I was hoping for an excuse to bring in the Eclipse pantheon, or otherwise summon up all sorts of crazy abominations and deities and stuff you don't see in a lot of actual religions.

There are thousands of religions with millions of gods. Each with entire pantheons of demons and monsters under them.
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:30 pm

I think you're overestimating things a little, there. Besides, none of them turned out to be real in the end anyways.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Endless Sea wrote:I think you're overestimating things a little, there. Besides, none of them turned out to be real in the end anyways.

Overestimating? I am not quite sure what you mean by that. And the point isn't that they were real but the point is that they were worshiped. Plus adding in book or movie gods leads to some (while most likely hilarious) really confusing questions. Like if the gods are real does that mean it was an actual religions? Do the books they come from exist as biblical stories? When were they worshiped in this world and by whom?
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:44 pm

As in, thousands of religions and millions of gods seems a bit high. As for the rest of your post, erm, I'm not entirely sure what you mean there. What does worship have to do with anything, and why is the Bible so important, and why do gods necessarily need a religion around them? (Then again, you did say "confusing questions"...)
Endless Sea

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:57 pm

>_>

<_<

Dibs on a flying humanoid mecha.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:53 pm

Another thing, your bio format has "Soldier" twice. In succession. Do you want us to be Soldiers that badly? :P
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby agoraoptera on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Beta Character Sheet

Name: Astreya Xue Tianzhen 雪天貞 (I put the Chinese characters there because of wordplay. Tianzhen (天真) means naive, but this zhen (貞) means pure and chaste. Hence, her name is literally Snow Sky-Pure.)

Divine Parent: Zorya Urennyaya http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorya

Special feature: Nano-infused

Job: Mecha Pilot

Demigod power:

Star-fire- Being born from the Morning Star, Astreya has within her the star-fire from which her mother is made of. She can manifest the star-fire as she wills. Apart from close combat and typical fireballs, she can infuse her mecha with it, resulting in a) a mecha that burns people on contact, b) star-fire-powered projectiles that can be shot through her weapon or anything vaguely directional, ie, the horn or a limb, and c) a very flashy mecha. Not exceptionally powerful, but comes in handy for a little extra oomph.

Revelation- A passive power, it kicks in often but frequently for trivialities. When it does, Astreya suddenly knows things, whether it be about a person, a thing, what happens in the immediate future, etc. For important things, the power for some obscure reason remains dormant. Example of what I mean by trivialities, she'll know the number of hairs you have on one eyebrow but won't know your backstory. She may suddenly realise that your name contains a certain number of letters upon looking at you, but not know your name. In essence, nothing story-important, except in special situations, with the permission of the party in question. She can and will sense enemy locations, incoming projectiles and such, though not consistently. It is partially the reason for the success of her career as a Mecha Pilot.

Backstory:

The dawn Astreya was born, the Morning Star aligned with the constellation Monoceros. When she was born, hair white as her family name, her mother confessed her divine identity to her mortal lover and vanished. Her father wept with sorrow and christened the child Astreya, the innocent, the pure, perhaps hoping that her bloodline would never trouble her. They lived quietly, father and daughter, leading a normal life. She went to school, made friends, but never knew what that expression of sorrow on her father's face meant.

Then, on his deathbed, when she was merely fifteen, he croaked with his dying breath the truth of her parentage. Like any other healthy young teenager, she would have disregarded his words as the product of a fevered delirium, but death had a way of lending gravity to words.

Four days later, when the funeral had been settled, Astreya stepped out of her house for the last time. It was a warm and sunny day. The people from Social Services were coming within the hour. Yawning lazily, she began to lay herself down at the field by her house. Without warning, a singular dark thunderhead formed directly above her and an incandescent bolt of lightning struck her. Pain flooded through her body, impossible heat surging and rampaging through her petite shell of a body and in the midst of her deafening screams and agonised convulsing, two thoughts appeared in her mind. The first was that she was not going to die. This she knew with complete certainty. The second was that her great-granduncle had done this and his name was.. was..

Perun. A family tree blossomed in her mind's eye. She was.. Astreya Xue Tianzhen, daughter of Zorya Utrennyaya, daughter of Dažbog, son of Svarog, brother of Perun. The names would have meant nothing to her, except that Zorya Utrennyaya was the name her father had whispered at the last. Mother.

She collapsed, limbs still twitching. There Astreya lay for precisely thirteen minutes and eight seconds at the centre of a twenty-four-point-three-three-two-metre radius of complete and utter devastation, unable to move. She knew it would be so, even as she tried to move her unresponsive body. It was a funny thing; whether by some occult hand or sheer coincidence, there was absolutely nobody in the immediate vicinity. There would be people approaching soon enough, but not until she'd returned home. Then another piece of knowledge entered her mind: though Perun's motive had been to kill her, wipe out the blotch upon his immortal legacy, it had only caused her divine genetics to surge to the fore. Her once-pristine body was blackened by the ash of the once-extant field, strangely uncharred but marked with a spider-like web of crimson tracery. It was called a Litchenberg figure, the thought came to mind, which were supposed to fade but this one wasn't going to fade. Parts of it would over time, but never completely.

As she stood, bringing her hands to her face, she felt something strange. There was.. a horn atop her head. A seventeen point-one-centimetre-long horn with a tip that was eight times sharper than the end of her white hair-strands. Somehow, the lightning strike didn't seem quite as important in the face of this new discovery. No other pieces of knowledge came to her.

Only later, when she returned home and redressed, did she feel the next call. She was going to the military. She would.. be a pilot. She would drive a Leviathan. All this was a certainty and despite all that had happened in the past half hour, she felt only a cool hate and an absolute sense that everything was happening as it should be. The taxi driver's smirk when he saw the horn atop her head was wiped off when he caught her gaze, the two seemingly endless pits that sparkled in an infinite distance away, the two pits that were her eyes.

They marked her down immediately as a demigod and she began training, throwing herself desperately into it with the knowledge that her skills as a pilot was going to be absolutely vital in the future, though what for, she knew not. Now, eight years later, Astreya Xue Tianzhen, half-Slavic deity, half-Chinese mortal, call-sign Unicorn White, ace pilot, has thrown herself into the war against the deities above, ready to hunt down her mother and kill her.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

agoraoptera

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Name: Raithrus [LAST NAME UNKNOWN]

Age: Unknown. Subject only has memories dating back to approximately a year ago, but has the physical appearance of a young adolescent.

Divine Parent: Speculated to be the Sumerian goddess Ninsun, and the deified Human Lugalbanda. If this is the case, then the subject would be roughly 3/4s deity, not to mention being somehow a reincarnation of the legendary figure Gilgamesh. If this is the case, however, the subject doesn't seem to remember his past life.

ADDENDUM: "Speculated?" He calls his sword "Enkidu," says it talks to him, and refers to himself nigh-constantly as "The King." Either he's Gilgamesh, or he's delusional, and given the amount of damage he's shown himself capable of dealing, I'm personally leaning towards believing the former. - Overseer of the Chains of Heaven Project, [REDACTED.]

Special Feature: Normal.

ADDENDUM: Following the events surrounding the subject's capture - see the logs below - the subject has created for himself a prosthetic right arm to replace his original limb. Although it appears to be made of some sort of dark purple crystal, inside this solid outer shell it seems to be made of some sort of madder fire. Investigation into the subject's many breakout attempts has yielded the details that this limb possesses strength and durability roughly on par with our best cybernetics. - Chief Researcher [REDACTED] of the Chains of Heaven Project.

Job: Soldier, technically. Given his penchant for melee combat and hyper-enhanced physical abilities, he's closer in fighting style and effectiveness to a Special Agent.

Demigod Power: Raithrus possesses a rather unique ability with a plethora of applications. His power, is, quite simply, the ability to manipulate his own soul, which, due to his divine origins, is evidently large enough to constitute its own dimension. This ability has quite a few applications. First and foremost, the overflowing amount of divine energy flooding his body at any given moment has given him very formidable levels of strength, speed, and endurance. In addition to this passive enhancement from his abilities, however, Raithrus can also actively utilize his soul for his own purposes. His most common use of his powers is to open what he calls a Hollow Gate, a hole in space time leading directly to his soul. By opening two of these gates, he can bridge two unconnected points in space with a portal of sorts. Or, through a single gate, he can release the energy of his soul in either a physical or a kinetic form, or, most commonly, a form somewhere between the two: madder red crystals filled with a searing flame. These crystals, being made of his own soul's power, vary wildly in durability. In the case of the projectiles he usually deploys them as, they are rather fragile, shattering on contact with a surface and exploding violently into madder flames. In the case of his arm, however, the crystals are stronger than diamonds. Naturally, to increase the durability of crystals, he has to take longer preparing them. The same principle applies to his flames, which, although varying in heat, all share one thing in common: they're nigh impossible to put out naturally, and notoriously difficult to extinguish even with magic, until Raithrus himself should pass out.

To open a Hollow Gate, Raithrus needs to actively speak the words "Split, Hollow Gate," so it's not a power he can just use without preparation, not to mention without revealing to his enemy his intents, should they know of his abilities. However, this principle only applies to gates opened outside of his own body, as, using the pooled energy within himself, Raithrus has been known to briefly phase out of corporeality, using this as a form of dodging attacks by allowing them to simply pass through him. Similarly, Raithrus also spawns energy attacks from either himself or his weapons without calling his attacks, based on the same principle of using his own body as a gate. Most commonly, these attacks take the form of long range flying and exploding copies of his crystalline fist, explosive punches from his crystalline fist, storms of fire-lasers and/or crystalline lances, or sword beams. Or laser eyes, as his visor, pictured above, is made from the same crystals as his arm. For the most part, however, his visor seems to serve the purpose of using his soul as a sort of sonar to ping a target's soul, determining where his enemies are concentrating their energy and granting him insight into the attacks they plan to use, if these attacks take on a magical nature. This self-Gate ability also serves one more purpose, as his soul uses it reflexively, thanks to his overwhelming will to live, to reform his body in the wake of severe damage to assume the same shape and functionality as it once possessed, if not the same composition, as replacements for destroyed body parts are made exclusively of crystal, although they somehow work identically to flesh and blood, even to the point that it is entirely likely that, if he had enough power at the time, Raithrus could replace damaged internal organs with inexplicably functioning crystal replicas. He's certainly been able to replace a lost limb, at the very least.

In addition to his manipulation of his own soul, Raithrus' rather potent divine blood and nature as one of Humanity's first legends has given him dominion over other legends, and the power to actualize them as weapons. So far, he only has enough strength to manifest his loyal companion Enkidu in the form of his trademark sword, shown in the picture. However, other legends and/or weapons will most certainly come with time. Much like his crystals and flame blasts, however, Raithrus can only pull these weapons out of a Hollow Gate, or draw them one at a time from his own body.

Backstory: To give the short version, Raithrus is, in fact, the reincarnation of the soul of Gilgamesh, re-emerging into existence through his sheer determination to achieve immortality. However, the strain of forcing himself back into the world, creating a new body for himself in the process, was such that his soul changed greatly under the strain. As things are, he's more of a remnant of the epic hero he once was than a full reincarnation, bearing only a fraction of his old power, and none of his memories. His pride, however, remains unchanged, as evidenced by his tendency to refer to himself as "The King" and everyone around him as "Inferior Human" - or, in the case of non-humans, whatever they happen to actually be. To give the long version... well, read the dossier.

Acquisition and Containment Data: Subject Gilgamesh - henceforth to be referred to as "the subject" - was located approximately a year ago in the town of [REDACTED], where, according to what we've determined, is the place he himself first recalls finding himself. Upon entering the world, it seems that his first instinct was to try to take it over, as he destroyed half of the town almost overnight, and claimed absolute rulership over the remains.

A task force consisting of the Nu squadron of special agents was sent to investigate his appearance, in the hopes of subduing him and recruiting him to the force, as well as covering up his existence. Sadly, this proved to be impossible, as he outright refused to "be reduced to a servant," and was evidently angered enough by this that he attacked the three agents on the spot. Agent Nu-3 attempted to restrain the subject, only to have the subject evade him and impale him from behind, apparently only using his right arm, and no weapons or tools to do so. The lower left side of the Agent's body was severely damaged, although due to his cybernetics, he thankfully survived the wound. However, he was immediately incapacitated.

Agent Nu-1 attempted to intervene and save the life of his comrade. However, the subject abruptly projected a sword, and dealt a series of severe slash wounds to the agent, evading the agent's attempt to retaliate with an arm-mounted vulcan cannon. However, before he could finish off the second agent, Agent Nu-2 ambushed him from behind, severing his right arm and knocking away his weapon in one blow. Both the sword and his arm vanished into light, and the subject himself promptly collapsed. Strangely enough, an after-action scan of the target showed no blood escaping his system, with the stump of his arm instead being immediately covered by a thick layer of crystals that slowly expanded over the next twenty four hours to form a new prosthetic limb, even while the subject himself was unconscious.

Following a nearly-successful breakout attempt at his original site of containment, the subject was moved to a more secure location, a facility specifically designed to contain dangerously unstable demigods as part of Project Chains of Heaven. Located on the ocean floor within a heavily reinforced bunker, it allowed our defense forces to keep the subject from simply using his Gates to warp himself out of containment, as long-distance teleportation seemed to strain him, and any attempts to move to the outside within [REDACTED] leagues of the facility would only result in flooding his own containment chamber, killing the subject should he attempt escape. Consequently, during his subsequent breakout attempts, his only path to the surface would be to navigate a maze of long security corridors filled with defense emplacements and guarded by our best agents, exhausting him long before he could escape the compound via the single, sealed elevator to the surface. And, even should he escape, he would find himself on a desolate island in the middle of the [REDACTED] ocean, which would serve to trap him until our agents could retrieve him and return him to custody.

Following Emergency Occurrence 12-B and the containment breach of Subject 66, it was proposed that we assume a less aggressive stance towards his containment, in the hopes that, without the challenge presented him of overcoming our defenses, the subject would become more docile. Approval was granted to this project, and the subject was released from containment onto the deserted island of [REDACTED], being told that it was to be his new domain. Although attempts to exploit his pride through these means were futile, the subject did agree to stop assaulting our containment facility in exchange for a cadre of our most dangerous assassin and soldier machines to be released onto the island every week, set to try and hunt him down and kill him, so that he could destroy them as practice, or sport. Deeming these losses acceptable compared to the destruction he otherwise caused, the project was deemed acceptable, and the subject was released.

Following the emergence of the deities, due to the lack of capable demigods in our own force, it was agreed to contact the subject via the scheduled squadron of assassin droids, asking for an audience with him. The subject was evidently pleased by our ego stroking, as he agreed to this audience and met with our representatives, who begged in a suitably humble fashion for his assistance, rather than his service, and promising glorious battles against gods, something which evidently appealed to him. Once again, the subject at last agreed to our terms, under the condition that he be given the "Right of the King," to use his own words: to act freely and as he saw fit, working as an agent outside of our administrative hierarchy as an ally of our forces rather than a member of them, merely accepting or declining our "requests" as he saw fit instead of being ordered onto missions. Under the designation "Project One-Man Army," these measures were approved, and the subject became an official ally of our field agents.

ADDENDUM: Due to the subject's unpredictable nature, he is only to be allowed to carry out class-4 priority and above missions, and only under supervision from our forces. This is to be done ostensibly because lesser tasks are beneath him, and because he is to serve as an example to our men, so as to keep him both on a leash, and in the dark. - Director of Project One-Man Army, [REDACTED.]

Emergency Occurrence 1: Following Event OMA-1-3, where a few hotheaded rookies thought it was a good idea to mock our branch for its inability to contain the subject while in the subject's presence, it has been approved for the following transcripts to be listed publicly on the subject's data file, so that you agents will actually get a feeling for what exactly you're dealing with. After the damage he did last time, we DO NOT need a repeat incident. So, before any of your cocky grunts get it into your heads that it's a good idea to test the subject's patience - or lack thereof - read the enclosed files and think again. - The Director.

The following is a transcript of a video surveillance log taken during the first of many major incidents following the subject's capture.

12:01 - Subject, previously unconscious after acquisition, abruptly awakens.

12:02 - Subject stands and begins examining his right arm. Light is observed to flare up from the crystals composing the limb. Subject's visor flashes, and he abruptly turns to face the camera.

FEED UNAVAILABLE.

12:04 - The door of the subject's sealed containment room is torn violently apart. Subject emerges, wielding broadsword. Lockdown initiates, sealing the corridor. Security team [REDACTED] arrives on the scene. Subject is ordered to surrender. Subject does not comply.

12:05 - Security team opens fire. Momentary heavy visual distortion. Security team is somehow killed with their own weapons, and the subject vanishes from camera.

12:07 - Subject abruptly appears in security station Gamma-19. A surge of flames wipes out the guards stationed there.

FEED UNAVAILABLE.

12:09 - Heavy combat unit Juggernaut is deployed to counter breakout. Subject does not move. Juggernaut opens fire with 12 Tempest-class cluster missile batteries, backed by fire from four Eradicator-class heavy vulcan cannon emplacements.

12:10 - Subject unaffected. Visual distortion returns, as well as a faint shimmering around the target. Juggernaut continues fire with two Dynamo-class superlasers. Subject unaffected. Subject begins walking down the corridor, methodically destroying all four gun emplacements one by one with blasts of flames.

12:11 - Juggernaut runs out of ammunition. Subject still unaffected.

12:12 - Subject reaches end of corridor, rips Juggernaut in half with his crystalline arm. Juggernaut initiates self-destruct.

FEED UNAVAILABLE

12:17 - Subject appears in corridor 7, appears to walk directly through the wall, and ambushes Agent [REDACTED] on route to the scene of the breach. Agent engages subject in close quarters with twin Ripper-class vibroblades.

12:18 - Subject causes Agent's strike to collide with the wall, momentarily stunning him. Subject impales Agent's arm with broadsword, pinning him, then leaves weapon in place, shattering Agent's remaining arm into pieces with a punch.

12:19 - Subject disintegrates Agent with a blast of fire, blowing apart the wall and entering this opening to reach corridor 8. Subject encounters further resistance.

12:20 - Resistance neutralized. Subject continues walking towards the facility exit.

12:23 - On-site security activates Absolute Territory-class containment field, floods chamber, and releases Subject designation "Kraken" from Containment.

FEED UNAVAILABLE

12:25 - Facility is shaken by a violent explosion. Subject emerges from containment chamber. Aside from visible fatigue, subject appears unaffected. All water in containment chamber found to have been instantly vaporized. Subject Kraken nowhere to be found, presumed disintegrated.

12:27 to 12:29 - Subject reaches facility exit, encounters agent squads Delta, Beta, and Epsilon. Subject begins fistcuffs with all three squads simultaneously. Epsilon squad incapacitated by several crystalline fists, Beta squad disintegrated when Beta-4 broke subject's visor, releasing a violent explosion of flames from subject's eyes. Delta-1 impaled in similar fashion to Nu-3, killed instantly.

12:30 - Subject transforms crystalline arm into a rough blade, cutting down Delta-2 and Delta-5. Subject is then struck from behind by a fully charged energy blast from Delta-3's buster cannon. Momentary visual distortion at the moment of impact.

12:31 - Delta-4 killed somehow by Delta-3's buster cannon shot, presumed to have passed through subject and pierced his heart instead. Subject unaffected. Subject turns to eliminate Delta-3, only to abruptly collapse. Subject retrieved, found unconscious from exhaustion.

The following is a log of the initial escape attempt that later caused Emergency Occurrence 12-B. The full incident log of EO-12B can be found in the data report on Subject 66, while EO-12A will be enclosed here.

04:01 - Subject is examined from within Observation Chamber 120-379. Subject designation "Vision" analyzes composition of Subject Gilgamesh's arm to determine its nature.

04:02 - Subject Gilgamesh abruptly awakens the moment Subject Vision begins analysis. Visor reforms, and Subject Gilgamesh immediately vanishes from camera. Subject Vision abruptly screams, then is impaled from behind with Subject Gilgamesh's broadsword.

04:03 - Dr. [REDACTED] initiates lockdown, attempts to flee Observation Chamber 120-379, but is cut down by the subject. Security forces open fire, only for subject to use Dr. [REDACTED]'s body as a human shield.

04:04 - Visual distortion returns. Blast of fire destroys monitoring equipment. Subject exits the room. Security forces nowhere to be seen, presumed disintegrated.

04:06 - Subject advances down Containment Block A-2. Emergency Protocol 91 enters effect. Destroyer-class disintegrator laser fired. Containment Block A-2 entirely eradicated.

04:09 - Subject re-appears outside of Block A-2, cell 66, abruptly stops, drawing broadsword.

04:10 - Subject Gilgamesh cuts open security door, releasing containment on Subject 66. Situation Zero Countermeasures initiated. Orbital batteries immediately lock onto the island of [REDACTED] and prepare to initiate Scorched Earth policy.

EO-12B occurs. See Subject 66 log for details.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Guyshane on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Name: Vincent Marquess

Divine Parent: Moros, the Greek personification of impending doom

Special feature: Normal

Job: Soldier

Appearance: Scarred face which is otherwise handsome, brown hair, tall. His eyes glow green when using his power. Wears a hooded long green coat over his BDUs. The hood is constantly up to hide his scarring.

Weapon: Electric beam rifle-A large rifle that fires a focused beam of electrical energy, along with an underslung flame unit.

Demigod power: Can see a way a person could be doomed (this can be interfered with due to the constant threat of natural disasters) and with enough focus could cause that doom to happen spontaneously. The more powerful the doom the more power it takes (i.e. tripping and breaking a neck on a flight of stairs costs nothing but a meteor strike will leave him weak for weeks.)

Backstory: Vincent grew up in Europe with only his mother as a parent. They were poor but they were happy. However overtime his mother grew more politically active. This wasn’t a problem until the day his mother was caught up in a protest that was put down with violent force killing her. Amongst the chaos Vincent glanced a man who looked very much like him. Moros had brought the doom of the boy's mother just so the god could see her one more time. Over the next few days in his foster home he saw that despite the government's unjust actions the protesters were being vilified. Eventually he got into the military and was trained by the best, and was scarred due to a training accident. Vincent now works to kill the servants of gods. He hopes that one day he can show his father how powerful he has become.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:33 am

Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:02 am

And on that note, we need a legitimate character sheet thread for this. XD
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby agoraoptera on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 am

Posted up my character sheet with mecha. You know, if you'd permitted fictional deities/deities in fiction, I would have gone for Khaela Mensha Khaine because Bloody-Handed Khaine is badass :P

agoraoptera

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:37 am

Welp, there we go. I made the mistake of leaving Mimsy unsupervised for the writing of part of EO12-B, but oh well. It's all finished up now.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Actually, while Chronos' name ties him to Time, as far as I'm concerned he's also/mostly the god of harvest (because he's the god of time in the sense of calendars, seasons and harvest, something in those lines). But nevermind because you get the power to "slash the heavens" :P Seriously, please do that before he tries to kill you, you're his children and he doesn't like his offspring.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Ahem. Subject 66 flatly denied being the descendant of Chronos the moment it was brought up. Trust me, 66 has FAR worse things to worry about than Chronos being mad. Most of the other players and Xana are aware of what 66 really is, but if you want the spoiler version, he derives his powers from Yog-Sothoth. So yes, much, MUCH worse things to worry about.
Last edited by Sicon112 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Ahem. Subject 66 flatly denied being the descendant of Chronos the moment it was brought up. Trust me, 66 has FAR worse things to worry about than Chronos being mad. Most of the other players and Xana are aware of what 66 really is, but if you want the spoiler version, he derives his powers from Yog-Sothoth. So yes, much, MUCH worse things to worry about.

Hm... That reminds me of an idea for a story I had once, though for no reason but that name. Also, I'm not to going to ask how, I'm going to ask why did it even had a child?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:35 pm

I have an explanation for 66's existence, but after all it had half human twins in the original mythos, so there is precedent
Last edited by Sicon112 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Is that god even allowed? I thought it was fictional
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Victin wrote:Is that god even allowed? I thought it was fictional

Not technically. It started as a joke (and some argue that there are no true believers), but there are people who identify as Pastafarian.
JackAlsworth

Postby agoraoptera on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 am

I added some fluff to my character sheet. Man, these Chains of Heaven guys are really awesome.

agoraoptera

Next

Return to Roleplaying