Godsfall RP Discussion

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Victin on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:38 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
Victin wrote:Is that god even allowed? I thought it was fictional


Not technically. It started as a joke (and some argue that there are no true believers), but there are people who identify as Pastafarian.

I meant Sicon :S
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:49 pm

There's actually a real cult of cthulhu in the US
User avatar
eli_gone_crazy
 
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Scarab on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:15 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:There's actually a real cult of cthulhu in the US


We should probably be glad they're apparently nowhere near New Jersey, or else they would probably have seriously put a dampener on our attempts to get the guy the fudge out of our universe.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby agoraoptera on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Scarab wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:There's actually a real cult of cthulhu in the US


We should probably be glad they're apparently nowhere near New Jersey, or else they would probably have seriously put a dampener on our attempts to get the guy the fudge out of our universe.

"... possession by Nyarlathotep is very, very close," says Joe Wilmarth of Aylesbury, Massachusetts, state director for the New Jersey UFO Research Organization."

Aaanyway. Xana, player cap at 6, right?
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla


Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
User avatar
agoraoptera
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:46 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 pm

agoraoptera wrote:
Scarab wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:There's actually a real cult of cthulhu in the US


We should probably be glad they're apparently nowhere near New Jersey, or else they would probably have seriously put a dampener on our attempts to get the guy the fudge out of our universe.

"... possession by Nyarlathotep is very, very close," says Joe Wilmarth of Aylesbury, Massachusetts, state director for the New Jersey UFO Research Organization."

Aaanyway. Xana, player cap at 6, right?


Correct.
Who you going to call? ME!
User avatar
Lordxana0
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm
Location: Long Beach

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Scarab on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:35 am

Lordxana0 wrote:"... possession by Nyarlathotep is very, very close," says Joe Wilmarth of Aylesbury, Massachusetts, state director for the New Jersey UFO Research Organization."

Aaanyway. Xana, player cap at 6, right?


Oh for f***'s sake... ADELL. Is there something you aren't TELLING us here? :|
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:06 am

Scarab wrote:ADELL. Is there something you aren't TELLING us here? :|


Adell is Cthulhu. :shock:
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:29 am

Lordxana0 wrote:
Aaanyway. Xana, player cap at 6, right?


Correct.[/quote]
I hqve half a sheet on my laptop, which is about 200 miles away. If need be, I can have a sheet up tonight or early tomorrow.
User avatar
eli_gone_crazy
 
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:51 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:
Aaanyway. Xana, player cap at 6, right?


Correct.

I hqve half a sheet on my laptop, which is about 200 miles away. If need be, I can have a sheet up tonight or early tomorrow.[/quote]

Take your time, we are in no rush.
Who you going to call? ME!
User avatar
Lordxana0
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm
Location: Long Beach

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:59 am

I just posted this in chat, and I have to leave like RIGHT now, so I won't see any messages you may send me, but...

The Overseer of Chains of Heaven is a guy. And he has a name. Only Mimsy and I know said name. To everyone else, it is ██████. I stated this to everyone when they wanted to use Chains of Heaven for their bios. >.<
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby agoraoptera on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:02 am

Sicon112 wrote:I just posted this in chat, and I have to leave like RIGHT now, so I won't see any messages you may send me, but...

The Overseer of Chains of Heaven is a guy. And he has a name. Only Mimsy and I know said name. To everyone else, it is ██████. I stated this to everyone when they wanted to use Chains of Heaven for their bios. >.<

Natalia's the commander. Presumably there's an Overseer as well?
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla


Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
User avatar
agoraoptera
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:46 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:17 am

Few ways to go about it

1. Commander and Overseer have different duties. Commander would send you on missions and deal with outside sources. Overseer would take care of in house stuff like projects and the like.

2. We scrape the idea of you guys working with the huge organization I have let you set up and have you guys be on loan to the main branch of the military, causing complications in the future but clearing it up for now.

3. We replace Natalia with a character I didn't create or know anything about and have to learn thus postponing the game or allowing Sicon or Mimsy to write mystery guy. And thus by making me as a GM kind of pointless.

4. I crack down as a GM and say character sheet stuff is not cannon and take full control of the ideas of the organization and all future story stuff to avoid complication (this is the most extreme option and put in more for show then something I will actually do)
Who you going to call? ME!
User avatar
Lordxana0
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm
Location: Long Beach

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Guyshane on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:20 am

for reference, Ag and I have both put our support behind option 1
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
User avatar
Guyshane
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:32 am

I agree with option one just fine. The Overseer is kinda the shadowy head guy who contacts people from some unknown location and sends out orders. And also shows up to add a bunch of jerkass comments on their reports, because hey, a guy has to have a hobby, right? He mostly is dealing with the portions of CoH that didn't get militarized, since that is the actual job he was hired for. He IS actually the director of One Man Army, though. I think. Mimsy was making up his mind last time I heard. Not that that would mean much other than that he sends video calls to Raithrus from time to time when he starts getting uppity. Besides, he gets at least some orders from whoever is actually in charge of the military. He just more or less has been given free reign as far as containment goes. I assume the Commander in Chief of the military contacts this Commander lady directly, rather than through the Overseer, and she has been given control of the militarized section of CoH assets, which should work without any problems, right?

I don't want to cause trouble or anything, I was just distressed that I hadn't made the guy clear since he was going to have a cameo or two here and there.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:37 am

Sicon112 wrote:I agree with option one just fine. The Overseer is kinda the shadowy head guy who contacts people from some unknown location and sends out orders. And also shows up to add a bunch of jerkass comments on their reports, because hey, a guy has to have a hobby, right? He mostly is dealing with the portions of CoH that didn't get militarized, since that is the actual job he was hired for. He IS actually the director of One Man Army, though. I think. Mimsy was making up his mind last time I heard. Not that that would mean much other than that he sends video calls to Raithrus from time to time when he starts getting uppity. Besides, he gets at least some orders from whoever is actually in charge of the military. He just more or less has been given free reign as far as containment goes. I assume the Commander in Chief of the military contacts this Commander lady directly, rather than through the Overseer, and she has been given control of the militarized section of CoH assets, which should work without any problems, right?

I don't want to cause trouble or anything, I was just distressed that I hadn't made the guy clear since he was going to have a cameo or two here and there.


So long as the Commander can point your people and stuff and let it explode it is fine. So long as he doesn't get in the way of the plot or allowing me to run the story when I need to we are all aces.
Who you going to call? ME!
User avatar
Lordxana0
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm
Location: Long Beach

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:33 pm

:3 Well... I spent my breaks at work today re-writing my bio so that it would, ah, fit in more, so it's here now.

...As for the actual game, I have no clue what the parameters should be for my introduction, though. :S
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Addendum 96-4: As per the Overseer's orders in Note 96-V, Instances 96-A, 96-B, and 96-D will henceforth each also be known as "The Noodle Incident".


:|

:| :| :|
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Note: I do not approve of underage alcohol consumption. However... three things: first of all, where I am, 19 isn't underage, so Patty's covered in Canada at least. Second of all... *I* don't approve, but since when does my character give a damn about that? She'd defend herself by saying that a) she *is* responsible because she doesn't want to mess herself up, and b) if she's old enough to fight their silly war for them, then she's old enough to have a drink. Third of all-- it's fiction, so I'm not as worried about the character being a role model, in the same way that I write some of my other characters the way they are even though I don't approve, IRL, of stabbing people in polite society.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Note: I do not approve of underage alcohol consumption. However... three things: first of all, where I am, 19 isn't underage, so Patty's covered in Canada at least. Second of all... *I* don't approve, but since when does my character give a damn about that? She'd defend herself by saying that a) she *is* responsible because she doesn't want to mess herself up, and b) if she's old enough to fight their silly war for them, then she's old enough to have a drink. Third of all-- it's fiction, so I'm not as worried about the character being a role model, in the same way that I write some of my other characters the way they are even though I don't approve, IRL, of stabbing people in polite society.


Agreed. And honestly drinking is probably the least worrying thing among the crap these characters pulled. If someone is looking to the characters of this RP as role models then to put it politely their heads are screwed on about as tight as a loose screw.
Who you going to call? ME!
User avatar
Lordxana0
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm
Location: Long Beach

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Guyshane on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:07 am

Lordxana0 wrote:
If someone is looking to the characters of this RP as role models then to put it politely their heads are screwed on about as tight as a loose screw.


I take offense to that.

Vincent would be a wonderful role model for world conquers to be.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
User avatar
Guyshane
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 am

I am forced to concur with Shane. Astreya is an excellent role model for social interaction. Tossing kittens at peopleis exceedingly polite.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla


Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
User avatar
agoraoptera
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:46 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby agoraoptera on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:54 am

>_> At the risk of double-posting.. Bumps.
*hides*
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla


Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
User avatar
agoraoptera
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:46 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:37 pm

At the risk of triple-posting.

*bumps*

<_<
User avatar
eli_gone_crazy
 
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Like I said on Irun, as soon as I have time.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Godsfall RP Discussion

Postby Guyshane on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:09 pm

I'll see if I can up with something later today.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
User avatar
Guyshane
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron