RP's and me

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

RP's and me

Postby RotavatoR on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm thinking about joining an RP because you're all enjoying yourself so much with them, but I don't know which one to choose, or even how to choose :( And I don't want to join one and then halfway dropping out because I don't like it. So... can you help meee :P
RotavatoR

Re: RP's and me

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Floating Castle or Godsfall.

Floating Castle allows players to leave at any time if they wish and jump back in when needed.

Godsfall hasn't started yet and if you didn't like it i could just have your character killed.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Well, let's see, there is the obvious of Floating Castle, and that affords a lot of variability about when you do any RPing and take quests, but if fighting through a 100 floor magic fortress in the sky is not your thing, you could be a demigod and run around in a universe of giant mechas and god attacks in Xana's Godsfall, or join a tournament to win god powers in Mimsy's There Can Be Only One.

Any of that sound interesting?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:45 pm

And there's also my stuff- Defective (enemy factions of cyborg mages fighting each other inside a needlessly elaborate underground base full of mechas and drones for some evil human guy), Bound by Faith (magitech, elemental gods, nine playable races, more cultures than you can shake a stick at, and an entire continent to screw around in), and Sunset Drift (make an alien race, then make an alien, then figure out why the hell you were stuck in a cryo chamber until ten seconds ago).
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:30 am

Right now Godsfall, There Can Be Only One and Bound by Faith appeal to me the most.

But there's still some things I need to consider before I make my decision. Mainly the complexity of the RP. How many characters does it have? How long has it been going on? Has it started already? How big is the area it takes place in?

Also I can't think of a good character with good powers. Any tips for that?

And do I get some sort of introduction or tutorial?
RotavatoR

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:50 pm

None of them have started yet, though I think all of them are accepting characters sheets.
The complexity and depth of the characters are up to you and the gm's, you can make it as deep or shallow as you believe necessary.
As far as tutorials, I learned from just going with it. Most games have an introductory round so that everyone can aclimate to the rp. Youll be fine. :)
eli_gone_crazy

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:22 pm

If there's a post order, you can ask the GM not to put you first in the list so that you can get a feel for how others are posting before you write something yourself. If there's no post order, you can just wait until a few others have posted.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:25 pm

It just dawns on me that I have resisted the urge all along to correct this to 'RPs and I'.

I'm sorry, guys, I am aware of the immense hypocrisy of that statement.

narrativedilettante wrote:If there's a post order, you can ask the GM not to put you first in the list so that you can get a feel for how others are posting before you write something yourself. If there's no post order, you can just wait until a few others have posted.

CHANGING the post order every round can help too. That's partly why FC works so well but again, requires a certain volume of players. The minute you have a limited number of people who can play seems to be the moment where it starts getting rather difficult.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Ok, I am not going to join any RP. I'm sorry for opening a topic about this, it seems like a waste now :/ I don't think RPs are my thing, and neither do I think that I will have the time for them.

With that said I have realized that there are other ways to be more part of the Metaguard community :P I have a project in my mind that I hope (keyword being hope :lol: ) to start in the coming month.
RotavatoR

Postby TheJester on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:23 am

I would totally advertise my RP but that would be in bad taste. Honestly, I would say do Floating Castle, it is the best RP for users who aren't usually fully committed.

EDIT: Totally missed above post.
TheJester

Return to Roleplaying