Virtual Conquest (A Sequel to Virtual Wars)

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Virtual Conquest (A Sequel to Virtual Wars)

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:16 am

Ladies, Gentlemen, and those who do not choose to objectify yourself with a gender welcome to Virtual Conquest, the new and improved version of the former Virtual Wars! First off we here at Virtual Conquest would like to thank you for joining in by buying a new copy of our game. We here at Conquest Inc. are always looking out for new chances to bring joy to the online community via brutal spectator sports. So then, what might be included in this new copy you might ask? Good question! Here are some of the exciting new features!

-Special matches
-New Worlds
-A new Co-programmer to pick up the slack

Now then I am sure our veteran players need no reminder of how this game works, but lets throw out an idea of how things work for the newbies. The process is quite simple, you fill out the patented Conquest Character Creation Sheet

Name:
Powers: (limit 3)
Appearance: (Description or picture. Our servers can create your character from either)

And wiz bang bam a new fighter is entered into our databases. When the time comes our Conquest Randomization Battle Machine will pick out two fighters of equal (or unequal if it is feeling cruel) strength and pit them against each other. The winner walks away with a feeling of pride and the loser walks away with the need to create a new character. Because here in Virtual Conquest we take things serious. Deadly Serious.

But enough of that. Make a character, observe and comment on the battles in our Virtual Conquest observation room, open to the public to comment on interesting fights and share ideas, and most of all have fun.

Challenges Meet
Virtual Battlefield set

Conquest begin!
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Virtual Conquest (A Sequel to Virtual Wars)

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:42 pm

I get the opening match once again, I see. Somehow I doubt it's gonna last as long as last time. :P
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:45 am

Endless Sea wrote:I get the opening match once again, I see. Somehow I doubt it's gonna last as long as last time. :P

Wait a minute, I had the first match last time, too!
Anyways, you can have the first post.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 pm

I really liked the work you did with Malachi LaJeong, changing the names and stuff. Those are all really, really cool names! :D
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby agoraoptera on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Victin wrote:I really liked the work you did with Malachi LaJeong, changing the names and stuff. Those are all really, really cool names! :D

*coughcoughChinesemythologycoughcough*
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Victin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 pm

agoraoptera wrote:
Victin wrote:I really liked the work you did with Malachi LaJeong, changing the names and stuff. Those are all really, really cool names! :D

I suspected some of them were such, but the ones I looked for I failed to find info on.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Victin wrote:
agoraoptera wrote:

I suspected some of them were such, but the ones I looked for I failed to find info on.

Well, yeah. Sone of it is Chinese mythology, and some of it is Chinese martial arts. I'm hoping I don't die in this fight, so that I might be able to add in more of these.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:
Victin wrote:
agoraoptera wrote:*coughcoughChinesemythologycoughcough*

Well, yeah. Sone of it is Chinese mythology, and some of it is Chinese martial arts. I'm hoping I don't die in this fight, so that I might be able to add in more of these.

I hope so too! Sorry Endless :P

Though I'd also like to see someone getting on a Xiaolin Showdown, the Shen Gong Wu in question being the Hear-I mean, the Corazon del Jeong
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:53 am

Alright, I'm just going to post now. It's been long enough, so the time for courtesy has passed.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 am

You were waiting for me? I was waiting for you! :P Whoops.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:48 pm

And it is only now that I realize that malachite may not have been a good color name for Malachi's flames, given the similarities in word structure.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 pm

...just remembered, wasn't there supposed to be an observation deck or something where fighters who weren't in matches could comment on fights that were happening at the time?
Endless Sea

Postby Victin on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Endless Sea wrote:...just remembered, wasn't there supposed to be an observation deck or something where fighters who weren't in matches could comment on fights that were happening at the time?

Isn't it this one thread, though?
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:50 am

No, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to post on it. The Dark One's kinda fighting at the moment, y'know.
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:11 pm

For the record, when I said "five artifacts" earlier, I was counting the boots separately. The Tiě Shān Tunic was still floating, powered solely by the Corazon del Jeong.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:54 pm

I actually had a feeling that was what you meant, but then again, how would the Heart of Jong and Two-Ton Tunic still be floating if the Jet Bootsu were knocked off? :\
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Fair point.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Wait, so I ripped out your heart already? o_o Can't say I was expecting that to work that well. Um, does this mean I win, or should I taunt your soul container for a bit or something, or...? :|
Endless Sea

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:04 pm

No taunting necessary. For now, you just got a bit of a power boost, as the Corazon del Jeong can bring things to life, hence its power. You can choose whether you want Malachi to still be sentient or not, be it by simply not mentioning it, or outright killing him (a.k.a. removing the blood symbol)
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm

...wait, so I did win, then? *is still unsure what to do next*

*is now contemplating making a post about being unsure what to do next*
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:57 pm

I think you won, and looted Malachi's core, so you can either kill him and use its power for yourself, or keep him as some sort of familiar. That sum it up, Genndy?
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Monster Asylum Capture the Flag Rules+Monsters

The rules of capture the flag are as follows.
1. No player can be killed while their flag still exists. If they suffer mass damage they will respawn at their flag space so long as their flag hasn't been destroyed. Respawn takes a few minutes, so if you are K.O.ed without any monsters guarding your flag you are a bit doomed

2. A flag is destroyed when it is carried over to the enemy base and touches the flag holder for the enemy side.

3. Once a flag is gone the enemy hero can be killed permanently.

4. Monsters can not fight without being around their Hero or the flag pole

5. Each player is given a 100 points to spend on monsters from the start to the end of the battle. Monsters can be purchased only in your base.

6. Before the match begins each player will have a few moments to buy as many monsters as they want, and place them. After that everything is in real time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Monsters

Igor: Once a proud worker of the asylum, now reduced to little more then an animal. Their hands have bones sticking out of them, and they bite. Hard. Each is worth 4 points. They die easily but make good swarms.

Werewolves: Half Human. Half Wolf. All Dangerous. Werewolves are fast, strong, and blood hungry. They are completely physical fighters. They can eat fallen minions to grow more powerful. Each Werewolf is worth 8 points.

Vampires: Stealthy, bloodhungry, and fueled by dark magic. The vampire is a good deal more fragile then the werewolf but it has the ability to heal other monsters and shapeshift into mist. Shapeshifting doesn't work in the enemy base. They heal through long range magic. Each vampire costs 15 points.

Dragons: Large and threatening these dragons aren't the cuddly ones from fairy tales. They breath fire and can eat a werewolf with only a moments worth of chewing. These massive monsters cost 50 points.

Giants: Standing 50 feet tall the Giant is the top of the line minion. Each comes equipped with a massive club and a serious attitude. These creatures were designed to take punishment and dish it back hard. Despite their size they are fast, and they come with an extra bonus. A flag can't be taken from the base so long as a giant stands guard. They cost 100 points.
Lordxana0

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Conquest Bucks

The money of this world. Each new player starts with a hundred Conquest Bucks to use however they see fit. You win more with victorious matches and by Gambling it. It can be used for Auctions and once you have 10000 you can buy a random character upgrade.

Auctions

Find yourself in a bind during a match? Have a character that you don't want to lose? Think you could win if only you had that one little kickstart of power? Consider putting something of your characters up for Auction!

Put down thousands of Conquest dollars to be bought for pennies on the dime to empower your character that extra little bit.
Have a power or weapon up for auction. You will lose it after the fight but damn if it didn't suddenly get more powerful.
Really want to kick things to the next gear? Put your entire character up for auction! Lots of extra power, but you will lose it all anyway. The perfect way for you to kill an enemy for ticking you off, through you lose all of your Conquest bucks, which normally carry over when you die.

Gambling

Invested in a match? Want to show your support? Want to make a quick Conquest buck? Consider gambling!

Before a match starts every Conquest buck you up in will get you half back. Put 2 Conquest bucks down, and if your player wins then you get 1 back. After a match starts gambling will be shut down for that match.
Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Oooohhh... This is getting interesting, I have to remember to find time to finish that character sheet I alrready started or make up a new one >_< Though I'm not sure I understood how the gambling works. Whether your choice won or not doesn't matter, your only get half of your money back, or what? Where does the other half go to?
Victin

Return to Roleplaying