Masters Academy Discussion (New RP)

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Masters Academy Discussion (New RP)

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 am

For as long as anyone could remember the world of Illuminious has been ruled by Vegerants, terrible beasts ruled by the Shadow King, bent to his will to destroy all of humanity and dominate the world in darkness. Humanity lived in fear of the King and his monsters, hiding behind fortified cities and trying to scrape out lives that can hardly be called such. Until forty years ago, that is. Forty years ago, a hero rose from among the people and rallied together all of the kingdoms for a grand quest to destroy the Shadow King. Much blood was spent in this war, but by the end, the power of humanity finally destroyed the King, scattering his generals and armies across the lands without their ruler and his iron fist. Now humanity advances, growing in its newfound freedom from the Shadow King. But the monsters still rage across the land, and all know that it is just a matter of time before the Vegerants find a new ruler. So the kingdoms have come together in one task, Masters Academy. This Academy was built on an island where no one country could claim rule, a unified effort to raise the next generation of heroes to battle against the hoards that would seek humanity's destruction. A new year for the Academy starts today, and with it comes new students from far and wide to fill the first year halls. Today begins a new day for the world of Illuminious, will you join in?

Classes:

Soldier: Brave, strong, and tough as nails. Soldiers are experts with weapons of almost any kind, through preference always comes into play. They can take hits like no other and deal it right back as good as they get. Through their magical talents tend to be a bit low, this doesn’t make them any less awesome on a battlefield.

Magi: Smart, witty, and dangerous. Magi use the force of nature against their enemies through their various spells. Summoning fire, ice, earth, water, and any other number of elements a Magi is a dangerous enemy to make, especially for the Vegerant hoards. Of course due to the rigorous study it takes to learn spells and control them most Magi don’t end up being too strong physically, but I wouldn’t tell that to a person who can control fire.

Soul Warrior: Calm, collected, and cool to the core. Most Soul Warrior’s have spent their entire lives training to utilize their very soul as a weapon, using it for both defense and offense as the situation calls for it. Of course their are rare exceptions of the power just one day appearing to a random folk. Once fully mastered a Soul Warrior can do just about anything they will, so long as they have the strength of spirit to maintain it. Armor, swords, bows and arrows, a Soul Warrior can craft their soul into anything, so long as they have the energy.

Alchemists: Devious, inventive, and a touch insane. An Alchemists greatest weapon is his ability to create and figure out things that few other people could. They normally fight with long ranged weapons to allow them to find an enemy's weak point in order to exploit it. They also make great students of history, and are known to read ancients texts in order to broaden their understandings of the world they live in.

Commanders: Charismatic, honest, and intelligent. A Commander is a leader of people, able to come up with a strategy for any situation. Commanders are picked from those who have the ability to bring together those around them, giving others strength and supporting them in any way possible. Most Commanders are skillful in weapons but not so much as a soldier, and also have a tact for healing magic and magic that can boost their fellow fighters up. A Commander is the kind of person that will always be there for you, and a foe not to be made lightly of. After all you aren’t messing with him, you are messing with everyone he supports.

Shard abilities

Once you have been accepted into Masters Academy a blessing will be given to you by the High Priestess of the school. This ability stems from the kind of person you are, acting as a reflection of your soul and will. Not all Shard abilities are equal, but that doesn’t make them any less useful.

School Classes

Aw yes one must not forget that this is not only an Academy to hone one's skills as a defender of this world, but also to make them citizens of it. In order to do this 6 classes are required of every student. Three of which are decided upon ahead of time. Mathematics, language and writing skills, and history. The other three courses for first years can be chosen from this list.

Cooking/Survival skills
Theater
Crafting
Cultural Studies
Religious Studies
Farming Studies
Weapon Mastery
Spell Mastery
Ancient Languages
Beast Mastery
Commerce
Architecture
Glass Blowing
Masonry
Sports (inclusive of but not limited to basketball, volleyball, football, badminton, maze-running and table tennis)

Of course three hours a day is dedicated to training basic skills as well, along with bi-weekly Class assignments taken on by two or more students that may take them to anywhere on Illuminious using ancient transfer pads. Class assignments can range anywhere from finding an ancient relic to hunting down a Vegrent terrorizing a town. Class assignments will be graded and class points will be assigned to the students. They can use these class points to access better materials for weapons, more impressive spell books, or just for luxuries around the school.

Character Sheets:

Name:
Weapon:
Magic:
Shard Ability:
Backstory:
Class Schedule:

Appearance:
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Masters Academy Discussion (New RP)

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 pm

So how exactly do the shard powers work? I get that they are based on personality, and supposed to be our main power, I guess, but are they supposed to be based on what class we are and be our class powers, or are they separate somehow? And if there are spots for magic and weapons in the bio, are those only supposed to be for soldier/mage characters, or could everyone know bit of magic? Is there an overarching magic system in this world that could be used for the characters that aren't mage classed?

I've decided that I am interested in this, but I have a bunch of questions before I decide whether to sit down and write up a bio.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:58 pm

A shard power is a reflection of your characters personality. So if you are a hot headed person fire, stuff like that. It can be any power so long as you can justify it with your personality. I trust my players not to be super broken.
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:A shard power is a reflection of your characters personality. So if you are a hot headed person fire, stuff like that. It can be any power so long as you can justify it with your personality. I trust my players not to be super broken.

And the other questions?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:A shard power is a reflection of your characters personality. So if you are a hot headed person fire, stuff like that. It can be any power so long as you can justify it with your personality. I trust my players not to be super broken.

And the other questions?

Everyone can have magical talent outside of their Shard ability, how much depends on their home region, where they were raised, etc. Magic as an art form is the same all around, but how it is taught, what people know, etc. depends on their homeland.
Lordxana0

Return to Roleplaying