1. Use your mind powers to convince everyone else that you should be as close to the Dungeon Master as possible
2. Catch one of the puppies and insist that you'll only be there for as long as it takes you to give it to him (and to use your mind powers).
3. retreat to the broom closet and consult with your master-at-arms, Harold the mop.
4. You'll have the chance to see him again. All things come with patience....
5. Channel your inner Solid Snake and do the Air Vent Entry.
The Random Number Generator has selected 2.
"Ah, yes, of course," you say, hunting for ideas. "I understand." Aw, man, you got to the end of your sentence and didn't come up with anything! Dejected, you wander back out to the sidewalk in front of the hospital, where you spot one of your errant puppies. It's chewing on a discarded sandwich half. You smile, realizing this little critter might just be your ticket back into the Dungeon Master's room, and by extension, heart.
Grabbing the puppy (who makes an adorable sort of whine/yelp at being removed from its meal) you barrel back into the hospital, striding determinedly. "Emergency puppy, here," you say when people look at you. "Hospital Administrator approved this action. Check the forms."
When that orderly tries to stop you again, you stick the puppy right in his face. The orderly is pretty confused by this, and you slip past and into the Dungeon Master's room.
The Dungeon Master sits up in bed and glares at you. You hold the puppy out like a peace offering, but your beloved's expression does not soften.
Oh dear. How are you going to make this right?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.