An Interactive Adventure: Dungeon Master

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: An Interactive Adventure: Dungeon Master

Postby Krika on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:56 pm

=> Name. You actually changed it to that, you like it.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Dryunya on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:27 am

JackAlsworth wrote:==> Dungeon Master IS your given name (your parents were rather insistent on your future career), but you suggest that Gerald can call you whatever he feels like.

This.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 am

Dryunya wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:==> Dungeon Master IS your given name (your parents were rather insistent on your future career), but you suggest that Gerald can call you whatever he feels like.

This.

I support this.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:52 pm

Selecting...
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:29 pm

1. You can't remember your own name. You ask Gerald to name you.
2. Vesa
3. Dungeon Master IS your given name (your parents were rather insistent on your future career), but you suggest that Gerald can call you whatever he feels like.
4. Name. You actually changed it to that, you like it.
5. Dungeon Master IS your given name (your parents were rather insistent on your future career), but you suggest that Gerald can call you whatever he feels like.
6. Dungeon Master IS your given name (your parents were rather insistent on your future career), but you suggest that Gerald can call you whatever he feels like.

The Random Number Generator has chosen 3.

"I had a lovely time with you tonight, my darling," says Gerald. He chooses that endearment because the initials are your real initials but backwards. "May I come in?"

You don't even hesitate inviting Gerald into your house. Sure it's a mess compared to the order you try to keep the dungeon in, but at least there aren't any neighbors blasting annoying music anymore. And Gerald does seem more interested in you than in the piles of old mail and the broken furniture that you're totally going to get around to fixing one day because DIY is appealing in theory even if you never put it into practice much.

You and Gerald retire to... you know what, I'll give the two of you a little privacy until morning.

Okay, it's morning now! You wake up, ready to get dressed and start a new day of Dungeon Mastering. That awful prisoner is gone for good, you've got plenty of leftover pie to eat for breakfast, and you... are right next to that odious scum of an accountant who keeps bugging you about tax irregularities. You remember dancing with him yesterday, and that letter you wrote, but... why would you ever have done that? You loathe this guy. And now he's in your house! In the very place normally reserved only for trusted lovers or friendly cats! This is unacceptable; the guy needs to leave right now.

"Gerald!" You shout, and he wakes with a start. "Get the hell out of my home!"

"What's wrong, my darling?" Gerald asks, sitting up and putting an arm around you. All at once you feel calmer. You love Gerald. Why would you ever have shouted at him, or tried to send him away?

"It's... I don't know, I... I need to get ready for work, but I don't feel so well."

"Why don't you lie down, my darling, and rest. I'm sure the King will be understanding if you need to take a sick day. I'll take care of you."

"That sounds nice," you say. Something's bothering you, thoughts in the back of your mind that are conflicting with other thoughts and it's giving you a headache. You could probably use some extra rest.

On the other hand, you take pride in your job as Dungeon Master and prefer not to miss work unless it's absolutely necessary.

What do you do?
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:05 pm

==> Knock Gerald out, leave him flowers and chocolate for when he wakes up, and sneak off to work.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby RussetDivinity on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Ask Gerald to bring you some soup, then escape out the window.
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

Postby Dryunya on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:32 pm

==> Gather your last scraps of free will for an epic struggle against Gerald's evil mind control that's about to ensue.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:23 pm

==> Go to work. It's your best chance of getting an explanation out of the Dungeon Prankster (who is clearly responsible).
JackAlsworth

Postby Victin on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:34 pm

==> Mitosis
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Selecting...
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:39 pm

1. Knock Gerald out, leave him flowers and chocolate for when he wakes up, and sneak off to work.
2. Ask Gerald to bring you some soup, then escape out the window.
3. Gather your last scraps of free will for an epic struggle against Gerald's evil mind control that's about to ensue.
4. Go to work. It's your best chance of getting an explanation out of the Dungeon Prankster (who is clearly responsible).
5. Mitosis

The Random Number Generator has chosen 2.

You hold a hand up to your head, whimpering. It feels like a battle is being fought between two armies, right inside your brain. That's a decent metaphor to describe your situation, but the pain is literal. You swear you can feel the explosions and gunshots and you just wish they'd sign a peace treaty or something.

"I'm so sorry you're under the weather. Is there anything I can do for you, my darling?" Asks Gerald.

You wonder if the headache might be due to eating nothing but pie for dinner last night. Too much sugar can do that to you, sometimes. You should probably eat something healthy for breakfast, but you don't think you could manage anything crunchy or that involves much chewing.

"Soup," you say. "I need soup. Can you bring me soup?"

"Of course, my darling," says Gerald. "I'll be back straightaway." He kisses your forehead and traipses out to the kitchen.

Oddly, as soon as Gerald has left the room, your headache dissipates. You feel quite capable of going to work, so you get out of bed, put on a clean Dungeon Master uniform, and head for the door.

Oh, wait. Gerald's in the kitchen. If you go that way you may get caught in a spontaneous morning snuggle-fest, and that could make you late for work. You'd hate to get the King riled up; somehow you doubt another pie party would go over well so soon after the last one. You jump out the window, trusting that Gerald will understand. Even if he doesn't understand, he's considerably less scary than the King.

You're almost at the castle when you realize you've forgotten something. Something extremely important.

What is it?
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:54 pm

==>Getting dressed

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:58 am

==> You forgot how to Dungeon Master.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 am

==>You forgot it's a national holiday today.
Victin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:44 am

==> You've forgotten your head.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sophira on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:==>Getting dressed

I like this one.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:09 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:[...] so you get out of bed, put on a clean Dungeon Master uniform, and head for the door.

[...]

You're almost at the castle when you realize you've forgotten something. Something extremely important.

What is it?

Forgetting to get dressed in this circumstance is a tad... Weird. I mean, unless there actually is no Dungeon Master uniform...
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:01 pm

==> You're on fire! D:
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Krika on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:16 am

Pixelmage wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:[...] so you get out of bed, put on a clean Dungeon Master uniform, and head for the door.

[...]

What is it?

Forgetting to get dressed in this circumstance is a tad... Weird. I mean, unless there actually is no Dungeon Master uniform...

=> In fact, you have put on the WRONG Dungeon Master's uniform!
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:47 am

Selecting...
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:57 am

1. Getting dressed
2. You forgot how to Dungeon Master.
3. You forgot it's a national holiday today.
4. You've forgotten your head.
5. Getting dressed
6. You're on fire! D:
7. In fact, you have put on the WRONG Dungeon Master's uniform!

The Random Number Generator has chosen 6.

You noticed you were on fire when you were leaving the house, and thought, "I've really got to do something about this." But it just kind of slipped from your mind, you know? And now you've been walking along for several minutes, in increasing levels of pain and discomfort, and the fire has almost definitely worked its way through your uniform to burn your skin by the time you realize you're still on fire. Now you do what you should have done back at your house, as you stop, drop, and roll.

As you lie on the ground, hurting and letting off little after-wisps of smoke, you wonder what has been up with you lately. It's like you just can't think straight. Especially when it comes to Gerald, but then he's always been pretty distracting. It's probably just stress, you decide. You could do with a day or two off work.

A day or two off work seems to be exactly what you're getting, too. The castle guards notice you rolling around outside and come to reprimand you, but when they notice your burns they get you to a hospital. You'll live, but the doctor tells you not to get out of bed until he gives you permission.

A little while later Gerald comes to visit, with a vase of flowers and a card with a drawing of a puppy walking on crutches. That's sweet. Where do you put them?
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:04 am

==> Put them somewhere? Nononono. You eat them.
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:24 am

==> You put them in an envelope and mail them to the Dungeon Prankster (That'll show her!).

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby RussetDivinity on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Draw a funny mustache on the puppy.
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying