An Interactive Adventure: Pokemon

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: An Interactive Adventure: Pokemon

Postby Victin on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Before you can decide, a small kid approaches and says he likes shorts(!). Then he throws out a Pokéball.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:35 am

==> Work out.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 am

=> Explore the Ice Caves.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Krika on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:34 pm

As you wander down the street, you feel somebody run into you from behind. You stumble, and manage to avoid falling, though Mudkip has slid down hang off of your shoulders, and is protesting with both its uncomfortably tight grip and its croaking cries of 'kip!'

You turn around to see who has run into you. Laying on the ground behind you is a small kid, maybe 8 years old, with messy brown hair and green eyes. He rubs his head, and glances up at you, before breaking into a wide grin. "Shorts!"

Oh.

This kid.

He certainly can use other words besides 'shorts', but it's rare to hear him speak them. Maybe it's a personal choice of his for whatever reason an 8 year old could come up with to justify it, maybe he's touched and doesn't realize it...nobody quite knows, and people who ask his parents get no answer. Either way, he's considered basically harmless.

He pops off from the ground, and grabs a small object from the pocket of his shorts. "Shorts!" He bounces it in his hands for a few moments, allowing you to identify it as a play Pokéball, designed to look like the real thing, but with none of the functionality. He once more explains before dashing around your side. You turn, trying to follow where he's going, but he's quick enough to get around to your back. You suddenly here a surprised "kip!" as Mudkip slides off your back. You spin around to see what just happened.

Mudkip is laying grumpily on the ground, trying to rub at a spot on its back. Next to it lies the play Pokéball that the kid had in his hands (said kid is grinning and bouncing happily up and down). You open your mouth to either scold the kid for apparently throwing the ball at Mudkip, or to comfort Mudkip a little, when the play Pokéball suddenly opens, and a flash of light emerges.

Huh. Apparently it wasn't a toy, but the real thing. That could be potentially worrying.

The flash of light resolves itself into a short, blue creature with long ears, a black tail, and upside-down V shapes where it's eyes probably are. It hops up and down for with a cry of 'naut naut naaaauuut!'. You glance back up at the kid, who is grinning at you with obvious anticipation. "Shorts!"

It would appear that you've been challenged to a battle. What do you do?
Last edited by Krika on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 pm

"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:46 am

==> Bite my thumb at him
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:04 am

=> "Mudkip! Use Tackle!"
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:49 am

==> START9
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:06 am

narrativedilettante wrote:=> "Mudkip! Use Tackle!"

I suport this, with the addendum of checking what Mudkip's known moves and ability are.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sophira on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:18 am

(For anybody who can't see the image and gets a "403 Forbidden" error, try clicking into the address bar, hitting ENTER, then pressing F5.)
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Previous

Return to Roleplaying