An Interactive Adventure: Pokemon

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

An Interactive Adventure: Pokemon

Postby Krika on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 am

It's dark. Not the kind of dark where eventually you get used to it, but the kind of dark where it's more indicative of the absence of anything to see than of there being no light. Needless to say, there's not much to do other than wait.

Then a spotlight appears, and a man walks into it. This answers an important question you had been pondering, namely that yes, there does appear to be a floor that you're standing on.

The man clears his throat. "Hello, and welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Celio, and I'm a technician who works on Pokémon equipment!"

From out of the shadows bounds a fluffy creature with brown fur. It sits down next to Celio's legs, making a contented 'vee' as she did so. "We live in a world filled to bursting with all kinds of Pokémon! Some people fight alongside their Pokémon, and others just live with them. Myself..." he sounds a bit embarrassed. "I don't work directly with Pokémon. I instead design and troubleshoot technology that deals with them, such as the Box system!"

He pulls a small device out of one of his pockets and starts fiddling around with it. "But before you can get started, I'll need some information from you. Are you a boy, or a girl? What's your name?"

-----

DOING THIS NO REGRETS.

In all seriousness though, hopefully I'll be able to keep this up. Mostly I'll use a mix of popularity polling, running by whatever suggestion inspires me the most, or sometimes random picking to determine what happens! So, off we go with your first decisions: Gender and name!
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Re: An Interactive Adventure: Pokemon

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 am

==> I'm Gerald, from accounting
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Guyshane on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:08 am

==> My name is Anji and I'm a woman, dumbass.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:15 am

==> My name is Shane and I am a way cool dude.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:41 am

==> START9
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:22 am

==> "Are you a boy or a girl?" Sometimes. "What's your name?" Alpha.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:08 am

=> I am a girl named Girl.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:35 am

==> I'm Ba'al, and I'm going to take over the world! ... One day, I swear!
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sophira on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:49 pm

==> I am a boy named "Oh crap, I".

(I hear that a lot of young people did something like this as a kid. Note: Feel free to take this suggestion out of the running if you want; it's more of a jokey thing in any case and kinda relied on the sentence structure that the games used, so it may not even work here anyway.)
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Krika on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Celio nods and enters some information into his device. "So, you're a boy, and your name is Gerald?"

He does something else with the device and then looks back up at you. "Of course, you had friends when you were growing up, didn't you? In fact, you probably had a best friend as well. Are they a boy or a girl? And what was their name?"
Krika
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Guyshane on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:47 pm

==> Anji, she's a girl. #Anjiforpokemon
Guyshane

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:50 pm

=> she's a girl named something
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:09 pm

==> He's a boy named Enemy. I know, his parents were weird.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:53 am

==> My best friend is a turtle named Duck.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Krika on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:23 pm

Celio nods once again, and taps the device. "Your best friend is a girl named Anji, huh?"

He slips the device back into his pocket again. "Well, that's all the information I needed! Your very own journey is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventure with your Pokémon awaits! Off you go!"

He, the fox creature and the light suddenly disappear, leaving you in darkness once more.

-----

*RIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGG*

You jolt awake, your alarm clock deafening you until you manage to smash the mute button on it. You wait a few minutes, pulling away the last vestiges of sleep from your head, as well as letting your hearing return. You could swear that you were having a dream of some sort, but you can't remember anything about it. Ah well, time to get dressed and begin your da-

It is at this point that you remember exactly what day it is, and you are suddenly very awake. For today is the day that you get your starter Pokémon! Today is the day on which you can set out on your journey! You grab your clothes, and put them on, making sure your Pokénav is hung on your belt. You make sure your hair is matted down, and dash out your door. You're generally not one to be this over the top, but you're way to excited to take the stairs as you normally do. Thus, you slide down the banister.

In the kitchen, your mom is making pancakes for breakfast. She looks over as you skid in, a grin on her face. "I can certainly tell you're excited, Gerald. Want to have some breakfast, or are you just going to head out and meet Anji?"

You take a few deep breaths, and calm yourself down a tad. Breakfast is important, and you want to be sure you don't collapse or something in the middle of the ceremony, casual as it is. Your mom nods happily at your decision. "That's my boy! Pancakes, coming right up!"

A few minutes later she passes you a plate of syrup-covered pancakes, and you dig in, happily gorging yourself on them. After you finish and deposit your dirty dishes in the sink, she grabs you before you can head back out. "Hey now, you don't get to run out just like that."

You groan. She never lets you leave the house without a good-bye kiss, and you're always embarrassed by it. You're 16 now, you're almost an adult! But, you don't really have a choice in the matter here.

Duty done, you zip for the door, rubbing the spot she planted it on. You slip on your Running Shoes, and zip out the door. As you leave, you hear your mom call out behind you. "Don't forget your Pokémon!"

You pause, remembering. Technically, the starter you get today isn't your first Pokémon. You head around the back of the house to grab your real first Pokémon, your...

-----

Poll time! Is your first Pokémon a Squirtle, a Totodile, or a Mudkip?
Last edited by Krika on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Totodile.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:23 pm

=> Scrap the plan. Hijack an empty pokeball and throw it blindly into the tall grass across the courtyard.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Mudkip, dammit.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Guyshane on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:28 pm

A Mew crashes through the window and bonds emotionally with you, thus becoming your starter.
Guyshane

Postby Victin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Eh, if there's nothing else we can start with, Squirtle, go!
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Pixelmage wrote:=> Scrap the plan. Hijack an empty pokeball and throw it blindly into the tall grass across the courtyard.
JackAlsworth

Postby Victin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:28 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:=> Scrap the plan. Hijack an empty pokeball and throw it blindly into the tall grass across the courtyard.

You forgot the fact a Pokémon needs to be weakened before being caught, so this won't work. At least if he's operating with Anime logic, because I'm not fully sure that's impossible at the games.
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:33 pm

So jump up and down on its head first.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:17 am

==> Mudkip, because it sounds funny.
Dryunya

Postby Krika on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:43 pm

'kip! kip!' Before you even finish rounding the corner, you hear the familiar sound. You round the corner, and are greeted by a blue mudfish with orange spikes on it's cheeks hopping toward you happily. Judging by how the grass in several spots around it's pond appears to have been tramped down on, you can definitely tell that it's at least as excited as you are by this. You kneel down to say hello, and are subsequently bowled over as it leaps onto you. You end up on your back, with Mudkip licking you on the face happily.

After some harsh negoatiations, you manage to get up on your feet, Mudkip having proudly claimed it's place on top of your head. You can only hope that when it evolves it doesn't try to do it anymore, for your back's sake.

You head out the door, and look around you. Floe Island is a fairly busy place by the standards of the Sevii Islands. Having almost the entire island be a city was both nice from the perspective of having a lot of places to go to, but at the same time outside of several parks, Icefall Cave, and the beaches, there isn't a whole lot of places that aren't city-related on the Island. Still, you've got most of the day before your ceremony. You and Anji planned to meet up sometime before the ceremony, and you wanted to head down to the beach to let Mudkip work off some energy, but even then you'll probably still have a lot of time left to kill. So what do you want to do now?
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Next

Return to Roleplaying